New and Changed Gems in Path of Exile: Settlers of Kalguur

Nerfing Double Strike of Impaling into uselessness even before release. Damn. So now slotting regular Double Strike does 35% more damage than its Impale Version on an Impale Build. Someone didn't do the Numbers.

(For clarification. Double Strike of Impaling was first announced at 409% added dmg, which was equal to the regular Version, in the Patchnotes. And got changed down to 298% added dmg with the reveal of the Gem Info. It was already close between the Gems due to regulars Double Strikes double dmg mod. Now it's just clearly better to use the baseline Gem despite going for impale builds.)
Last edited by Ragganmore on Jul 24, 2024, 10:47:30 AM
Is this new version of Crushing Fist still a reward for the “Breaking some eggs” quest?
Will the 'Sublime Vision' jewel work with the banners? It does not currently since it has the aura tag, but now with the new version it is more of an active skill.
Hmmm, I actually stopped playing when the new expansion was announced. One wee bit of bother may be that when you play with a tanky bow, you may have some mana issues. I do love the buffs but I think a class like Mauder will have a little bit of a problem with spamming spells compared to other classes. This is just my observation. I am by all means not a pro in Path of Exile but I am pretty good in Diablo 2 Medianxl mod where we have the same problem.

Btw... Man, I want to play a tank but it is so bad solo. Would play with my brothers but I work sometimes 14-15 hours so hard to schedule a gaming session :/
"
scorchua wrote:
Crushing fist looks too op with that much 2193% of added damage (or is it just a mistake?). Even with 60% less ailment damage I can get absurdly strong ignite, prolong it or bring it around with Fulcrum. It can be supported by fist of war, drop some pyroclast mines of sabotage etc.

Well Eviscerate seems better as far as ailments are concerned, 1350% dmg effectiveness without less ailment damage. It requires a shield though but Crushing fist hardly benefits from dual wield, and unless you go staff blocking you probably want a shield anyway.

I will definitely consider eviscerate bleed glad, but I'm afraid of the investment for retaliation skills to feel smooth and reliable.
I blink and my Ice Crash Raider just disappears
GGG please allow Flicker Strike on Hollow Palm
Quite impressive balance changes at the end of the games life span.
Really not a fan of how many skills lost flat added damage.

I think balancing around such skills is very much worth it for the game, where we'll have early league/SSF options that are less weapon reliant to scale.

I don't care if we have parity across the board, and maybe even want to avoid that and keep builds feeling distinct. I do however want to have options that feel good at every point of the game. The changes seem really good for expanding options between high end builds, but I think they may be hurting lower investment builds, and opportunities to use lower damage uniques with interesting effects.

I haven't done much theory crafting or calculating quality changes, so hopefully I'm just wrong and most builds will at worst fit added cold/lightning support and scale off those.
Why did you gut Double Strike of Impaling?

I was building around it daily in my POB since the patch notes dropped.

It numbers were not even that good, other melee skills are much stronger.

Can you please explain?
Last edited by Bulwix257 on Jul 24, 2024, 3:26:18 PM
Now i freaking understood the retaliation skills, you take SAVEGE hit or BLOCK a hit then the skill opens to use, like warrior in WoW. And looks like they don't share CD, crazy stuff will arise.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info