Very Confused About Melee Rework

Its kinda sad, been playing around with PoB and cyclone is still as lackluster as it has been the past 100 years.

Expected more from this "melee" league. Still gonna play cyclone tho, even tho it sucks in 3.25. Honestly its worse than last patch cuz of the mana cost lol.

When will u actually give cyclone like 1% love PoE? Its getting kinda lame
Last edited by Zodiark on Jul 26, 2024, 9:19:56 AM
"
Zodiark wrote:
Its kinda sad, been playing around with PoB and cyclone is still as lackluster as it has been the past 100 years.

Expected more from this "melee" league. Still gonna play cyclone tho, even tho it sucks in 3.25. Honestly its worse than last patch cuz of the mana cost lol.

It's not worse. Sure, it's not OP or at the level of Slams etc, but that's how they balance their game nowadays; Low maintenance, high comfort playstyle is often less DPS, AKA; you get rewarded for pressing buttons and micromanaging.

Cyclone hits fast, and will therefore generate Rage and Valor fast, as well as Impale. I'm sure you've tried specing into Rage, Impale and Banners, but to me, the numbers do not look worse than last league.

Just the Staff double buff (base crit and quality more damage) will be noticeable on Cyclone. But you WILL need a good weapon as they've removed the flat damage.

I'm not advocating for ALL people to play Cyclone. But for those who WANT to play it, they are better off from last league, well, beside the item printing graveyard, of course. And for people wanting a low effort, high comfort, low maintenance playstyle, Cyclone is an OK choice.
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
"
Phrazz wrote:
"
Zodiark wrote:

It's not worse. Sure, it's not OP or at the level of Slams etc, but that's how they balance their game nowadays; Low maintenance, high comfort playstyle is often less DPS, AKA; you get rewarded for pressing buttons and micromanaging.

Cyclone hits fast, and will therefore generate Rage and Valor fast, as well as Impale. I'm sure you've tried specing into Rage, Impale and Banners, but to me, the numbers do not look worse than last league.

Just the Staff double buff (base crit and quality more damage) will be noticeable on Cyclone. But you WILL need a good weapon as they've removed the flat damage.

I'm not advocating for ALL people to play Cyclone. But for those who WANT to play it, they are better off from last league, well, beside the item printing graveyard, of course. And for people wanting a low effort, high comfort, low maintenance playstyle, Cyclone is an OK choice.

you aound like melee gets 200 points :D o to be good just spec in rage/impale/banners :D lets forget about 99 other things :)
Super lame that they just removed totems to make war cries even more mandatory lol. I just dont get ggg, this doesnt fix anything.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info