Introducing the Currency Exchange Market

Looks great; stoked for league!

If this does make it into core game, please have a different NPC for it. Faustus is a dick.

Cheers :)
so there only is a fee for putting trades in, not for purchasing currency?

if yes, given the unimaginable whealth manipulative player groups have in poe, what prevents them from doing the following:

they all put trades for chaos/div 180:1 in there and at a certain time which they all agree upon, they all buy off all chaos for their divines until their divine offers are the only ones existing.

people will have no choice other than to buy their divines with the manipulated price ratio before things go back to normal.

---

after they made bank with chaos orbs, they repeat the same thing the other way and buy off divines, paying with their chaos orbs.

--

to prevent manipulation, you need to charge the people purchasing from the market or both buyers and sellers.
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
I'm glad and exited for this new trade system but what is hard for me to understand it is why can't just make trade with gold? Just copy steam cards trade system which is pretty cool. It would make things plain simple and would set fair price on everything. PoE market is huge and I doubt that there are players big enough to manipulate this market.
And everyone will be complaining about it in a week....
"
gvozdikov wrote:
I'm glad and exited for this new trade system but what is hard for me to understand it is why can't just make trade with gold? Just copy steam cards trade system which is pretty cool. It would make things plain simple and would set fair price on everything. PoE market is huge and I doubt that there are players big enough to manipulate this market.

I tell u why right now.
Because in the near future Tencent will let gold be bought with POE points, so if u need more gold than u played for, u can buy it with money or support pack points.
Its not pay-to-win since u can obtain gold by playing, but still.
It will be same system as Elder Scrolls Online, where u can subscribe for crowns and get dlc's and cosmetics, or u can farm gold in game and still get those gifted to u, but ofc at a very hight ratio.

So if this works, gold might be new revenue streamline for POE.
"
gvozdikov wrote:

There are players big enough, for example there is a player that opened a guild and everyone supports and follow him with same build he makes, they give him currency or anything when he asks, he flips the cost of chaos the last league few times, he flips the veil orb from 1d to 10+d each , they did a lot of damage to some currencies, cause of him, this currency exchange system which works on the Chinese only servers, will be tested on our global server ..

they are a team which he lead with over 900 members in-game with main guild and several sub guilds on same discord channel .
"
Enfinitymonk wrote:

There are players big enough, for example there is a player that opened a guild and everyone supports and follow him with same build he makes, they give him currency or anything when he asks, he flips the cost of chaos the last league few times, he flips the veil orb from 1d to 10+d each , they did a lot of damage to some currencies, cause of him, this currency exchange system which works on the Chinese only servers, will be tested on our global server ..

they are a team which he lead with over 900 members in-game with main guild and several sub guilds on same discord channel .

Well, I think the problem here is that supply is limited by necessity of manual trading and lack of information about market state for many players. Without those two things market will counter-react quickly on any manipulation attempt.

For example: manipulator tries to raise price -> market reacts with increasing supply -> with increasing supply price goes down
"
KeldonSlayer wrote:
1.) It's to prevent bots, as gold cannot be traded, prevents botting from automatic buy/sell price fixing. As well as mis-price sniping on a large scale, there will still be bots. Mostly active players who bot when they go to bed/work.

2.) There's no limitation per day, it's current active trades. So you can't have more than 10 different exchanges at once.

Also GGG doesn't care that much about Standard as it's <10% of the community.
The only people in standard league are the ones that want to abuse unbalanced things, or don't want to do the campaign ever again. Let the active league prove it's good for the game, then it'll come to standard. It's not like standard has gotten significant content additions in years, you can wait a bit longer.

1. I'm not complaining about the daily trade limit, I'm saying that it allows you to avoid bots. So I'm saying that gold is not necessary to avoid bots.

2. 10% of standard players? OK, but I don't see how that number makes them not deserve as much respect as league players.
A standard knotter can just as easily buy stuff that GGG offers.

In my opinion, not caring about standard players is a big mistake on GGG's part.
So are the devs going to change it when entire crews of people who literally play this game 24 hours a day gain advantage over everyone else and corner the entire market this is going to do nothing but introduce another broken facet that GGG cant and wont end up fixing i think id rather have bots than deal with douche bag nerds whos entire life revolves around this game and having them set prices for literally anything that can be traded

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info