We need answers about ps4 performance (consoles in general)

You're all correct that GGG is a business and needs to earn money.
They got loads of cash from me, so I do feel justified in asking for better performance on the PS4.
I did a little digging and checking and most of my "lagged to death" events happen at specific times of the day. Switching to a different server outside my timezone actually improves performance and reduces the number of unneccesary deaths.

Please correct me if you have different experiences, but to me it really looks like "the more active players, the more senseless deaths due to lag". To me, this is not a question of old hardware on my side but lacking resources on the server side.

GGG is a business and all that, but if my observation were true, they're saving money at entirely the wrong place.
"
I can use same logic as you:

If GGG cant devote resources to make ps4 version be "playable" why would they take extra time for ps5? GGG is business at the end of the day and dont expect drastic changes.

Who said I was expecting changes?? I said that I acknowledge that me purchasing a PS5 isn't good enough and I might have to get a PC if I wanted to get more serious into things. I'll put what I said under this again, because it seems like you didn't even read it.

"Note: I use both the PS4 (away from home) and the PS5. This game is a major reason of why I upgraded and my only 'regret' is if I should have gone to PC directly. I may have to invest more into myself to get the most out of this game as even the PS5 has its limits."

But to answer why GGG care about consoles, they are focusing on the split screen demographic as that is all but abandoned but a wonderful way to play with friends. That should target a younger audience that will allow kids and teens to get exposed to PoE early. Kids generate a TON of money for cosmetics as they will ask for them as if a toy for a holiday, that's a money printer for GGG. Their console focus is likely primarily for PoE2 as that is the new exciting game a younger player might join in on, not something that's been out for as long as they have. PoE is now as old as the demographic they are aiming towards.

There has already been drastic changes for PSN throughout the years that PoE has been released. The bluescreen of death eventually got fixed. The speed of the fixes isn't something to be praising but they have solved issues. So to say they haven't done any drastic changes is disingenuous.

Analogy: You need to travel a distance. You can walk (PS4), take a peddle bike (PS5), or a car (PC). You'd get a bike but don't wanna spend the money, same thing with the car but even more out of reach. Don't plan on walking on the highway, that is only for cars. Even if its the fastest way, it's dangerous and could get you killed. Same in PoE, just because a PC player is zooming doesn't mean a PS4 player gets to. You're walking, take it slow and enjoy the roses along the way. It's about the journey not the destination.
"
Redd_Barr wrote:
i'm not a beggar, nor do i need you to deliver what you perceive to be esoteric hard truths. however, i'll attempt an analogy in lieu of an olive branch: imagine if nike made a shoe for a niche sport, a smaller market that they believed was untapped, but they made it of such poor quality that no one bought it. there are two obvious recourses: 1) exit the market, or 2) make a better shoe. in ggg's case, they refuse to leave the market, and refuse to improve their product. one might be tempted to consider them leaving the market with poe2, but that's technically inaccurate, given that poe2 will never be offered on ps4, and poe1 will continue to exist on ps4. in conclusion, yes, they are a company, and yes, they do business--bad business. for reference warframe is a perfect example of how to properly support your product, another pc-focused rpg.

So your analogy hinges on no one buying GGG's product as a PS4 consumer? That might be hard to validate as even myself has purchased plenty of items while purely being a PS4 user. If anything my purchases slowed down after dropping so much into the console that I couldn't afford as many supporter packs as I would previously.

GGG does not do 'bad business' them allowing us to keep our purchased items and take to a sequel is unheard of in the industry. Typically games like Diablo/CoD and the like make you repurchase the same skins for their reskinned same game. GGG produces a product and gives it away for free to be tested at a consumers discretion. That is about as friendly as it gets.

GGG cannot make a shoe, at best they can make a shoe insert. You can choose to put it into a $1000 pair of designers or a $20 pair from Walmart. But don't expect the Walmart shoe to work as good as the $1000 designer pair simply because they have the same insert. For another analogy please look above so I don't waste space with mindless copy pasta.
"
"
Redd_Barr wrote:
i'm not a beggar, nor do i need you to deliver what you perceive to be esoteric hard truths. however, i'll attempt an analogy in lieu of an olive branch: imagine if nike made a shoe for a niche sport, a smaller market that they believed was untapped, but they made it of such poor quality that no one bought it. there are two obvious recourses: 1) exit the market, or 2) make a better shoe. in ggg's case, they refuse to leave the market, and refuse to improve their product. one might be tempted to consider them leaving the market with poe2, but that's technically inaccurate, given that poe2 will never be offered on ps4, and poe1 will continue to exist on ps4. in conclusion, yes, they are a company, and yes, they do business--bad business. for reference warframe is a perfect example of how to properly support your product, another pc-focused rpg.

So your analogy hinges on no one buying GGG's product as a PS4 consumer? That might be hard to validate as even myself has purchased plenty of items while purely being a PS4 user. If anything my purchases slowed down after dropping so much into the console that I couldn't afford as many supporter packs as I would previously.

GGG does not do 'bad business' them allowing us to keep our purchased items and take to a sequel is unheard of in the industry. Typically games like Diablo/CoD and the like make you repurchase the same skins for their reskinned same game. GGG produces a product and gives it away for free to be tested at a consumers discretion. That is about as friendly as it gets.

GGG cannot make a shoe, at best they can make a shoe insert. You can choose to put it into a $1000 pair of designers or a $20 pair from Walmart. But don't expect the Walmart shoe to work as good as the $1000 designer pair simply because they have the same insert. For another analogy please look above so I don't waste space with mindless copy pasta.

you did not understand the analogy. you did not research warframe. i cannot overcome your bias. i'm hanging up.
Hello. Its the same like with an old PC... PS4 is just too old. You have to update your PC/PS and be a bit more happier with POE.

The performance of POE on PS4 was terrible from the release, it was unplayable on end game content (sometimes even earlier).

Unfortunatelly, even on PS5 some builds on end game content maps are like 5 FPS too :).

So i personally will update my PS5 once any better system is released from Sony.

Otherwise, this game is really good.

"
vazik_cze wrote:
Hello. Its the same like with an old PC... PS4 is just too old. You have to update your PC/PS and be a bit more happier with POE.

The performance of POE on PS4 was terrible from the release, it was unplayable on end game content (sometimes even earlier).

Unfortunatelly, even on PS5 some builds on end game content maps are like 5 FPS too :).

So i personally will update my PS5 once any better system is released from Sony.

that's a good boy, keep spending your money to fix their problem
same here on ps4... I allways quit after story ends, because of this nonsense. Visual and audio clues missing, shuttersteping, minifreezes. Impossible to play effectively with a few "not my fault" deaths at every map. But now at the beginning of story it already starts.

I think the majorty of PS users are still using Ps4Pros, I already skipped 2 seasons, and it become worse than before.

A lot of player says you have to invest, to keep it playable. Come on... does it matters? If it becomes worse and worse? Normaly they focus thier performance requirements on slowest consoles, and maintain it, to stay playeable. And this is what the baseline is, because here the hardware is fixed, so the whole visual quality have been pushed down to maintain the support for ps4 or ps4pro...

on pc there are a lot of possibilities to reduce quality to keep the fps high. We dont have anythi g. at least give us a slider, with 3 adjsutments, and describe, which reduces/turns off shadows, antianalissing, envirolmental effects and particles, turns off biomes (grass, bugs, foxes), reduction poligons, by loading simplified models. There are a lot of options.

But because they won't even answer, we don't know it is a server issue or a hardware/programing problem. But someone already said, he still have issues with ps5, so are we sure spending on hardware is beeing effective at all?
"
Redd_Barr wrote:
you did not understand the analogy. you did not research warframe. i cannot overcome your bias. i'm hanging up.

Im not going to research something that has no relevance to the current topic. I understand the analogy just fine. I have no bias, I'm simply explaining things from a business side. I was attempting to help you, if you refuse to help yourself there is nothing else I can do.

You can lead a horse to water but you cannot make them drink. I hope you don't get dehydration mate, all the best <3
"
"
Redd_Barr wrote:

Im not going to research something that has no relevance to the current topic. I understand the analogy just fine. I have no bias, I'm simply explaining things from a business side. I was attempting to help you, if you refuse to help yourself there is nothing else I can do.

You can lead a horse to water but you cannot make them drink. I hope you don't get dehydration mate, all the best <3

i can endure your smug and fatuous remarks, but the laziness of willfully ignoring the relevance of my warframe reference i cannot abide. your condescension may give you the impression of being atop the high horse, but i assure you it's just vertigo.
"
Redd_Barr wrote:
"
vazik_cze wrote:

that's a good boy, keep spending your money to fix their problem

You are playing free game. Why you cry so much? Nobody owe you anything, just accept it. And please, udpate your calc :D

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info