🌬️⛵☁️[3.25] The dirty Scorpiontail|Arachnophobia Allstars|Herald of Agony 100M|Chaos-Minion-Champ CI

thank you so much
Hi,

How does one level the Champion at league start? Caustic arrow and Toxic rain seem to have low dmg, or maybe I am doing something wrong?
"
Mordath2018 wrote:
Hi,

How does one level the Champion at league start? Caustic arrow and Toxic rain seem to have low dmg, or maybe I am doing something wrong?

I am not experienced in speed-levelling, but I levelled after The Siren's Cadence Act 1 relaxed into act 10 with:

poisonous concoction - life on hit - volley (later -> greater volley support) - lesser (/ later -> greater multiple projectiles) - void manipulation (/ later -> embalmer gloves: vile toxins)

beside HoA.

The poisonchances and withers are combinated good with HoA and shield-charge for good movement. Downside are the missing sockets of a weapon.
Last edited by Chromino on Jun 24, 2024, 11:05:51 AM
hi,

thanks for the information.
I wanted to follow this but man is it hard to dissect. Theres like 50 jewels in the mandatory jewel section. They all cant be mandatory lol
"
Sentracer wrote:
I wanted to follow this but man is it hard to dissect. Theres like 50 jewels in the mandatory jewel section. They all cant be mandatory lol

Hi Sentracer,

simply take the pob, not the alternatives.

There are always alternatives guided to show the jewels- and gear-possibilties in leaguestart to start with a few chaos, but never 50 lol.

So there are variations in the separated spoiler titled "alternative jewels" as workarounds in leaguestart for low budgets, for early 100% ailment-immunities in hc, for reaching keystones without skin of the lords, when you like to balance more into damage or into tankyness variations, etc.

In tl;dr is noted that ordinary only the first four jewels are needed and in the build-infos that the alternatives are used in leaguestart in low budget.
In the top of that spoiler "alternative jewels" is written just there that they are used only as workarounds and alternatives and for individualizations.
I will try to guide this further in more clarity, but it's already quite clear explained in these spots.

Or do you mean placeholder ghastly jewels / unique megalomaniacs?
In leaguestart came a guy, probably from diablo and new to poe, complaining he do not find attr and resis on rare abyss-jewels, so I added them as examples to show how to balance easy and early suffixes, resis, attr and cheap cap 100% ailment-avoidances, spell suppression, etc. in the build with jewels. They are examples, of course they are not mandatory, lol.

Of course take simply the only 3-4 mandatory jewels in the decisive pob:

Golden rule (HoA-virulences singletarget), watcher's eye (es on hit), the HoA-poison-setup with ghastly jewels (damage), and with good gear you have the capacities for "melding of the flesh" (tankyness).

Last edited by Chromino on Jul 3, 2024, 3:00:03 AM
The guide has too much and it has it everywhere. When you go from one section to the next it includes alternatives extra notes ect. It's hard to keep track. I'm a veteran and I got lost several time and even bought the wrong things sevral times. I can only imagine how a new player would follow it. I'm refferring to the guide itself, not the pob. I dont even see a PoB with an Adorned set up which is what i chose to do. The PoB had 4w gloves with curse on hit which ofc is not going to be available at all for 99% of people.

IMO you need to do a basic guide with no branches hidden in spoilers and then go into upgrades high budget ect later. Its a great build even though i didn't really get it running correctly.
Last edited by Sentracer on Jul 3, 2024, 4:25:04 PM
"
Sentracer wrote:
The guide has too much and it has it everywhere. When you go from one section to the next it includes alternatives extra notes ect. It's hard to keep track. I'm a veteran and I got lost several time and even bought the wrong things sevral times. I can only imagine how a new player would follow it. I'm refferring to the guide itself, not the pob. I dont even see a PoB with an Adorned set up which is what i chose to do. The PoB had 4w gloves with curse on hit which ofc is not going to be available at all for 99% of people.

IMO you need to do a basic guide with no branches hidden in spoilers and then go into upgrades high budget ect later. Its a great build even though i didn't really get it running correctly.

yeeah, gamers are quite different and individual. Some want a short starter-guide, some want to go in-depth in poe and improve a skill into full scope.

That is also probably the reason why this guide is one of the most succesfull guides in the guardian-, necro- and pathfinder-ascendancy. And I am quite sure that also champions will like the CI and immortal minion-style.

I would have been happy as poe-beginner, when the guide I followed would have been not glascannon, explained the different ailments and would have had a checklist for defences. Or would have explained in detail how to use and scale multiplying components of damage ... like this guide does.

Some dislike the guide because it's long and complex, at the same time many love it because they did their first level 100, bosses, ubers and 40/40 with this build.

About the gloves: yes, last league they were available for 100 chaos, in this league they are rare. Go to "gear" to "gloves", there the variations like vixen's or in maps asenath's are extreme strong too. Or go to "crafts" and craft on your own. Or go without gloves-implicit and autotrigger the curses with tempestshield - hextouch etc. or against bosses with arcanist brand like guided in the sections "the composition of agony": "curses" as well as "skills": "trigger".

About the Adorned: In the related "jewels" is the "Adorned" explained. It's used in lategame with mageblood. So take in pob the tree and item-tab "mageblood".
Of course, poe is always flexible, you can use the Adorned before getting mageblood. Then take a look into "resistances" to get resis in other possible places and use the Adorned early.

So, you see, the guide explain all these possibilties.
I myself love poe, and hoa, because all the optimizations are so interesting every time.

About the build: The build structure is organized in thematical spoilers like build-infos, gear, jewels, clusters, damage, defences, etc., not into budget.
The budget-alternatives you find next to every gearpiece /jewel /cluster in separated subspoilers, and before CI in "tipps for levelling and gearing". In the list of poe-tradelinks they are another time linked again. In "endgame" "the b.i.s. upgrades" the high-budget-solutions are repeated one more time.

And you are correct too: Yes, as beginner such variations are complex. It's not a typical beginner-build or leaguestart-racer. That was not my goal, like written in "Pro / Contra".
On the other hand short guides only writing "copy my pob" or "get my gear" are really not better when you want to understand poe-stats and mechanics.
And of course beginner/starter-guides often stops at 5-10M damage, reach only one fifth of the ehp, cannot farm t17, simulacrums and ubers or need hundreds more divs for endgame.

Some prefer a straight and basic guide, others want individualizations and flexibility in a build beside and enjoy to learn about poe, balancings and minmaxing.

And stacking auras, clusters and HoA damage is simpel once you understood the skills and have an overview of the build.
Last edited by Chromino on Jul 5, 2024, 9:13:51 AM
Arachnophilia!

HoAg and minions remain unchanged.
Tattoos are not removed.
The Adorned is not much nerfed in our mageblood-set-up. 10% less HoA poisonchances are okay, or fullgeared instead simply rare ghastly jewels are enough for the 35.7M dot hardcap.

Instead the nerfed armour of determination we invest a bit more into the big buffed ward (ward-flask doubled by skin of the lords). Lost armour will be regained again i.e. with rare boots (es-ar-ev) or rare +2 helmet (es-ar). Perhaps the new rare bodyarmours will become interesting.

Ultimatum got loot!
Simulacrums got buffed big, good clusters and voices will probably be more available.

So much new possibilities!

Buffed rares, buffed ward, as well as the new double amulet-anointments looks awesome. Dual-wielding got buffed in many ways and is possible too.

HoA-Scions, Glads and Wardens have some new interesting defensive possibilties.

With the new taste of hate and some +max/cold-resis we will have 15% more elemental ehp before we use the melding of the flesh or we switch to tides of time.

Balancing a few passives into enfeeble as third curse, into mana for frostshield or into buffed enduring charges (Enduring composure on a cluster / Enduring cry + Zealot's Oath) is easy done.

The easy useable kalguur-crafting-bench is hot and also the recombination-craftings will drop new b.i.s.-pieces or will even make skin of the lords replaceable...

The buffs

With cyclone the new valour and banners and the buffed infused channelling will add 15-20% ehp. Ball-lightning of static will be triggered in different ways (cwdt, arcanist brand, new kalguur-crafts or second cwc).
The new Retaliations with debilitations add another nice flat 10% dr / ehp.
Tempestshield shield could be switched to blood and sand (as necro with mistress of sacrifice or with the buffed arcane sanctuary, the buffed spellblock-clusters etc.) for awesome 25% more flat ehp.

Alternative Necro, Trickster and Pathfinder no longer need to travel the old long western path to the Arcane guarding and use new buffed Arcane sanctuary instead to gain 3-5 flexible passives.

The levelling skill poisonous concoction is buffed nice.

With the huge buffed ward, which is doubled by skin of the lords, we solely get each 2 seconds another 10% + buffed enduring charges before mageblood and 20% more ehp with mageblood.

So in total we gain awesome tanky 20-50% flat additional dr / ehp in [3.25].

I will need some days and the updated pob-simulations for all the maths and improvements.
I wish best energy to the pob-team!

Looks like a great league for HoA again!
Last edited by Chromino on Jul 19, 2024, 2:58:59 PM
The build looks interesting but there are some red flags.... when checking poe ninja there are only 16 level 100 players with HoAg... in total. For a tanky build I would expect many more level 100's across all classes. Is it just that this skill is under appreciated?
You don’t stop playing because you grow old, you grow old because you stop playing.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info