3.24.2 Hotfix 5

No ban, no item deletion? GGG has became more and more ridiculous. Oh, wait. Of course, they won't ban because they should ban streamers and they never ban streamers and high supporters.
Last edited by yesname on May 4, 2024, 2:23:33 AM
"
vacii wrote:
"
LaserVonRekyu wrote:

"Anyone who argues differently is potentially driven by malicious intent, to either commit, aid and abet crime or evade prosecution for such."
"i'm not labeling anyone anything, as you can see"

This is not a technicality. You definitionally labelled everybody that did not agree with you as malicious or intending to aid or commit crime.

I cannot say that your opinion regarding bans does not matter, but you discredit yourself with these kinds of contradicts within the same day.

I fully believe most players would use this "exploit" if they knew how, and it was still in the game. Specifically because if it was left in the game after GGG learned of it, that by itself would acknowledge it is part of the game.

Good on GGG for acting quickly on this one unlike the anarchy ember T17 ghost farming nerf delay.

Excuse me, but are you intentionally ignoring the word "potentially" in my statement? Do you not understand what that means?

You are going out of your way to defend exploiters by equalizing their actions to those who have done the same either led by curiosity or ignorance, why?

Ignoring the word potentially? no? It clearly said "potentially driven by malicious intent, to either commit, aid and abet crime or evade prosecution for such." as in potentially one of these possible illegal things. Your wording did not allude to the possibility of anything else.

What? "equalizing their actions to those who have done the same" ???? what are you saying? This I am failing to understand what it means.

I feel unsafe when normal gameplay mechanics get labelled as bannable exploits by others only through their personal opinions. GGG did not ban anybody because nobody used an exploit here. The craft functioned exactly as it said, "adds maximum possible sockets" its just that the code to limit that maximum was bad. GGG is also spending hundreds of hours to remove the items, so why you feel the need to attack players that just play the game?
Wonder why the "Has # sockets" thing doesn't apply when item gets identified.
"
Reinhart wrote:
"
LaserVonRekyu wrote:
Feel bad for the GGG team that allowed this to happen. They are now are going through every single character, stash, and item to ensure that there are no 1 handed items with more than 3 sockets, no belts with more than 1 socket, no synth jewelry that should not have a socket with a socket, no items with cannot have sockets with sockets, no heist enchant reducing sockets with 6 sockets. All while not harming legitimate unset corruption rings with extra implicit from vender corrupt.

This is a massive undertaking and will cost features in the next league.

If you know anything about coding, it is just some sql statements through an item database and you are done. GGG doesn't need to do that manually lol.

Now back on topic, those who clearly made multiple of bugged items and put them for sale, should get perm ban. And while you are at it, you should also ban all those cheaters that buy mirrors for hundreds/thousands of dollars. You know shitty watchers or legion jewels that get "traded for mirrors". And then post a list of all those banned.

sql statement to lower all 1handed item sockets down to 3. suddenly all oni-goroshi are 3links.
sql all stygian have no sockets. god know what happens here.

the coding is simple. The actual code is far more complicated than you seem to think because they cant fuck up and hit legit items during this. That would be far worse to harm innocent players haphazardly than leaving the exploit items in.
"
LaserVonRekyu wrote:
"
vacii wrote:
"
LaserVonRekyu wrote:

"Anyone who argues differently is potentially driven by malicious intent, to either commit, aid and abet crime or evade prosecution for such."
"i'm not labeling anyone anything, as you can see"

This is not a technicality. You definitionally labelled everybody that did not agree with you as malicious or intending to aid or commit crime.

I cannot say that your opinion regarding bans does not matter, but you discredit yourself with these kinds of contradicts within the same day.

I fully believe most players would use this "exploit" if they knew how, and it was still in the game. Specifically because if it was left in the game after GGG learned of it, that by itself would acknowledge it is part of the game.

Good on GGG for acting quickly on this one unlike the anarchy ember T17 ghost farming nerf delay.

Excuse me, but are you intentionally ignoring the word "potentially" in my statement? Do you not understand what that means?

You are going out of your way to defend exploiters by equalizing their actions to those who have done the same either led by curiosity or ignorance, why?

Ignoring the word potentially? no? It clearly said "potentially driven by malicious intent, to either commit, aid and abet crime or evade prosecution for such." as in potentially one of these possible illegal things. Your wording did not allude to the possibility of anything else.

What? "equalizing their actions to those who have done the same" ???? what are you saying? This I am failing to understand what it means.

I feel unsafe when normal gameplay mechanics get labelled as bannable exploits by others only through their personal opinions. GGG did not ban anybody because nobody used an exploit here. The craft functioned exactly as it said, "adds maximum possible sockets" its just that the code to limit that maximum was bad. GGG is also spending hundreds of hours to remove the items, so why you feel the need to attack players that just play the game?

Potentially implies that malicious intent may or may not be present.

Read THE WHOLE SENTENCE FFS. "equalizing their actions to those who have done the same EITHER LED BY CURIOSITY OR IGNORANCE" ... no wonder you unsafe ...
ban obvious exploiters and streamers hyping the exploit
"
LaserVonRekyu wrote:

sql statement to lower all 1handed item sockets down to 3. suddenly all oni-goroshi are 3links.

Everyone who ever wrote SQL past beginner level knows what happens. New script will check every item using all needed conditions and will remove unintended sockets/links. Gems are going to disappear because GGG don't want to bother with placing them into stashes which would slow down the process.
Last edited by natural183 on May 4, 2024, 2:36:23 AM
"
If you uncover an exploit in Path of Exile and abuse it for your benefit, we will ban you.

Posted by Chris
on Apr 20, 2021, 9:43:37 AMGrinding Gear Games

Well, that didn't age well.
"
LaserVonRekyu wrote:
"
Reinhart wrote:
"
LaserVonRekyu wrote:
Feel bad for the GGG team that allowed this to happen. They are now are going through every single character, stash, and item to ensure that there are no 1 handed items with more than 3 sockets, no belts with more than 1 socket, no synth jewelry that should not have a socket with a socket, no items with cannot have sockets with sockets, no heist enchant reducing sockets with 6 sockets. All while not harming legitimate unset corruption rings with extra implicit from vender corrupt.

This is a massive undertaking and will cost features in the next league.

If you know anything about coding, it is just some sql statements through an item database and you are done. GGG doesn't need to do that manually lol.

Now back on topic, those who clearly made multiple of bugged items and put them for sale, should get perm ban. And while you are at it, you should also ban all those cheaters that buy mirrors for hundreds/thousands of dollars. You know shitty watchers or legion jewels that get "traded for mirrors". And then post a list of all those banned.

the coding is simple. The actual code is far more complicated than you seem to think because they cant fuck up and hit legit items during this. That would be far worse to harm innocent players haphazardly than leaving the exploit items in.

You exclude oni-goroshy and maloney by name, quivers by 1 socket implicit on rares and all rare shields having 1 abyssal socket mod in 4 lines.

It's not as hard as you imagine it to be, it will also be pretty easy to extract from transaction logs (and yes they 100% store those to track RMTers, i will be surprised if they don't) who exploit it to the fullest and who actually profited from this.
"
AlyMirage wrote:
"
If you uncover an exploit in Path of Exile and abuse it for your benefit, we will ban you.

Posted by Chris
on Apr 20, 2021, 9:43:37 AMGrinding Gear Games

Well, that didn't age well.

Glad you brought that up, lets hope all exploiter defenders read it.If anyone is unclear on what should follow - well now you know.
Last edited by vacii on May 4, 2024, 2:47:40 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info