3.24.1 Hotfix

I dunno if this is one big test for poe2 but it’s f***** up. You have the no lifers find good strats, make tons of currency and nerf it before most other players even know about it or can attempt it. I work full time but still play Poe as much as I can but I just don’t have time to take advantage of even one good strat just to build up a little currency before you nuke it. I think you have forgotten how much time, effort and currency has to go into a build to make it viable to run the league at full potential and so the insanely hard t17s which were suppose to be a bridge between reg pinnacle bosses and Ubers. The maps are much harder than Ubers are. I use to have fun researching and creating a build and slowly building it up stronger and stronger but lately you seem to want to strip anything halfway decent away. This game and league has SO MUCH potential but ggg you just can’t get your s*** together. You would think with such low retention you would switch things up but instead you continue to nerf nerf nerf. It’s a sick joke or research for poe2 which is not fair to your loyal players who have been with you for years… fyi currency drops are terrible that’s why this league you are either rich or broke broke. No middle ground
"
Ondrugs wrote:
"
Doesn't seem like they even play their own game nor test leagues before launching them since they have to do so much culling of their own content to "fix exploits". What a joke at this point.

This was never the case? Since the Beta any League had dozen of exploits the Developers didn't fix before League start and which got abused by all the different players. The only difference this league is that they mid league nerf them.

People complained since 2013 "DO they not beta test their leagues", "They not play their own game anymore"... They do, but they cannot think of anything and any way to exploit what they implement, it was never before possible and it will keep being like that, no matter how often you guys complain about it.

They could finally start running PTR? More than enough yes-people in the community to man it, and historically all abuses were found in week 1 of the league. Same for especially terrible balance points. Idk what more has to happen if current situation of having to fix an abuse mid-league twice is still not enough for GGG to consider changing their ways :)
"
Simple2012 wrote:
"
Slider13 wrote:
And yet you take no action against hte streamers who abused this. I don't care if Ben is the best PoE player. People have abused the crap out of these exploits. I know they are exploits because if they were intended mechanics, you wouldn't patch them. But you take no action. You allow the economy to be destroyed and specific players to get extremely rich of exploits. This league is so much worse than Affliction, and people used maphacks there.

There's some good meaning in these statements.
If they're patched as a hotfix, then they're bugs.
If they're bugs, they can be exploited.
If they're exploited, it should be a bannable offense.

So GGG should have 2 options
1. Do nothing so everyone has the same playing field
2. Hotfix the bug but also punish those who exploit it. It could be as simple as a ban, character deletion or character reroll, or maybe even account reroll.

The worst thing would be to do what has been done. A hotfix and no punishment. I believe this is what people are the most bothered about, which is, the unfairness.

I guess people better never try to make new builds. If you make a build that is overpowered beyond what GGG intended = ban because of exploit.
All I want is stackable corpses and all the corpses to be the same generic monster type. 4 tabs full of coffins and I dont even have enough for what I need to craft because I need "Humanoids" blah blah blah
Yeah. I think I'll wait until you people start a season properly balanced from the beginning. What a joke.
It's baffling to me to see so much rage about a game developer responding promptly and fixing a bug.
"
Chaser8 wrote:
honestly these streamers are gonna ruin the game

I guess they don't care.
you're a couple of years too late for that buddy
"
Echothesis wrote:
They could finally start running PTR? More than enough yes-people in the community to man it, and historically all abuses were found in week 1 of the league. Same for especially terrible balance points. Idk what more has to happen if current situation of having to fix an abuse mid-league twice is still not enough for GGG to consider changing their ways :)

The thing is, that this is no problem. Havimg a exploit normally doesn`t destroy the league or gives plyers a reason to quit. It gives more potential for all players to reach higher grounds.

BUT letting people experience exploits which generate tons of currency and then 2-4 days later nerfing the strat without warning and not punishing the players which used the exploit is a big problem.

So we get a no life player base which can abuse mechanics and a player base which only see strats, but are unable to experience them. This is super frustrating and just unfair. Whenever they nerfed something mid league in the last leagues they also punished the players which abused it.

I am sorry, but I have no clue what you mean by "PTR"?
"
Ondrugs wrote:
"
Echothesis wrote:

The thing is, that this is no problem. Havimg a exploit normally doesn`t destroy the league or gives plyers a reason to quit. It gives more potential for all players to reach higher grounds.

BUT letting people experience exploits which generate tons of currency and then 2-4 days later nerfing the strat without warning and not punishing the players which used the exploit is a big problem.

So we get a no life player base which can abuse mechanics and a player base which only see strats, but are unable to experience them. This is super frustrating and just unfair. Whenever they nerfed something mid league in the last leagues they also punished the players which abused it.

I am sorry, but I have no clue what you mean by "PTR"?

PTR is Public Test Realm. As in, before launching new league for everyone, company deploys a few test servers which already contain latest patch, and players require separate test client to access it, distributed in advance. Only new characters permitted on PTR, without any ties to global account data. And those are wiped at the end of PTR.

Purpose of PTR is exactly to avoid situations you described: mass of players quickly finds the most abusive mechanics, most obvious bugs, and (in poe case) the most shitty balance decisions :) Then company fixes those before installing new patch on live servers where standard clients connect.

For example blizzard runs PTR on every new D3 season, and now will start on D4 too, on upcoming season 4 there.

Even if specific abusers won't report exploits they discover on PTR, others will. Historically it is impossible to contain.

As for "b-but it ruins all launch day hype and discovery, along with MTX sells!", well, true, but current mid-league nerfs did just the same anyway (although admittedly after MTX sales, leave it to GGG to crunch numbers and decide if releasing bugged patches is worth it for ripping more money). If a company wants to get all the day 1 hype, they should really invest into balance testing, and poe always was hole upon hole, opposite of balance :)
Last edited by Echothesis on Apr 17, 2024, 5:43:27 AM
Its funny to nerf everything after they all destroy the economy of the league, check the price of everything that's all bad this league is dead and i having 0 fun to play, the mechanic isnt funny, cant drop a single div alone.

Always the same things with your game, you make more money with goldselling than the pack i think that's why you make your friend from tft & compagny make a ton of money then nerf for normal people. Pretty smart strategy yeah cool, but for normal player like me who just want to play a game & have some fun this is trash.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info