3.24.1 Hotfix

Actually getting old playing this game as badly as I want to continue to support the company. Can't believe the gap between the casuals and the top 5% keeps getting stretch far beyond belief. It's insane to me that I can sit down and watch a video of streamers getting insane amounts of loot with new tech, and before I can even think about trying it, it's nerfed into the ground. Sick of the top 5% getting all the cool tech, loot and fun before us casuals even get the chance. Probably time to call it boys and gals. Doesn't seem like they even play their own game nor test leagues before launching them since they have to do so much culling of their own content to "fix exploits". What a joke at this point.
"
Slider13 wrote:
And yet you take no action against hte streamers who abused this. I don't care if Ben is the best PoE player. People have abused the crap out of these exploits. I know they are exploits because if they were intended mechanics, you wouldn't patch them. But you take no action. You allow the economy to be destroyed and specific players to get extremely rich of exploits. This league is so much worse than Affliction, and people used maphacks there.

You know they're not exploiting, right? They're simply finding a new strategy that works based on what GGG has designed. As much as it sucks, sometimes certain things have unintended interactions - and if that's the case then they're well within their rights to patch it.

Believe me, none of us MF based players are happy with the state of end game juicing/the game in general either.

And as a side note, the influx of uniques into the economy thanks to these interactions has probably benefitted casual players in some ways - when was the last time other than the past two leagues were you could get a Headhunter for 20-25d?

High end players don't set the prices on the supplies to do these strategies either, once the general population notices what they're doing, all the prices go up because the casual players want to benefit.
"
kebb0 wrote:
"
Simple2012 wrote:
The saddest part about this league is that the only real profitable farming method right now is farming T17 maps and selling only the valuable scarabs. Yes you do end up leaving 1-2 inventories of scarabs on the ground which the loot filter ignores because they are worthless.

Farming normal things like essence, harvest, betrayal, beast or apothecary cards etc. It can't even nearly measure the yields in T17 maps. Bossing also seems kinda pointless, the cost/reward ratio is just way too bad.

This league is really absolutely ridiculous.

The grave crafting itself kinda made beast, essence and harvest almost pointless. Sure they're still useful and has a value, but it's super inefficient to farm it for currency.

Do name a farming strat that's good profit and isn't T17, please.

Farming strongboxes. Literally spec into all strongboxes and scarab nodes on atlas tree, put in strongbox scarabs = profit. I'm just running scarabs that give more strongboxes and rarer varieties, if you have currency that most expensive strongbox scarab should yield a shit ton. Oh did I mention I do this in Tier 16s btw? I'm also farming Maven and am dropping a shitton of guardian/conqueror maps.

Farming Back to Basics. It's insanely profitable, feels almost like affliction all over again. Put in Magic pack size scarab and 2 barrel scarabs and you're good to go. Also farmed this in T16s, I'm dropping scarabs, currency and div cards galore.

Did you notice I only mentioned 3 scarabs? Yes, I haven't unlocked my fifth slot yet. I'm still being profitable. I can't wait to drop my first T17 map (though I think you need all 4 watch stones for that to ever happen lol I only have 2).

Biggest tip though, stop crying and start playing. Do not care about how profitable someone else is, only care about your own profit and what you can do in the moment to have fun.

I've tried that. I can only assume that "a lot" to you is just pennies. And also, doing back to basic for scarab farming on T16 is pointless. You use back to basic for increased modifiers, but the T16 maps don't have the scarab mod, so there's nothing to increase.

I appreciate your attempt to help, but really, it's bad.
"
CanelayAzucar wrote:
"
kebb0 wrote:
"
Simple2012 wrote:
The saddest part about this league is that the only real profitable farming method right now is farming T17 maps and selling only the valuable scarabs. Yes you do end up leaving 1-2 inventories of scarabs on the ground which the loot filter ignores because they are worthless.

Farming normal things like essence, harvest, betrayal, beast or apothecary cards etc. It can't even nearly measure the yields in T17 maps. Bossing also seems kinda pointless, the cost/reward ratio is just way too bad.

This league is really absolutely ridiculous.

The grave crafting itself kinda made beast, essence and harvest almost pointless. Sure they're still useful and has a value, but it's super inefficient to farm it for currency.

Do name a farming strat that's good profit and isn't T17, please.

Farming strongboxes. Literally spec into all strongboxes and scarab nodes on atlas tree, put in strongbox scarabs = profit. I'm just running scarabs that give more strongboxes and rarer varieties, if you have currency that most expensive strongbox scarab should yield a shit ton. Oh did I mention I do this in Tier 16s btw? I'm also farming Maven and am dropping a shitton of guardian/conqueror maps.

hhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Adt8iBAJCI
This 100%
Just all strongbox nodes
The more you invest the more you profit

So.. Basically the idea is to spend 300 chaos to waste 15 minutes looting 400 chaos?
Don't sound like a great idea. I make more divines/h as a hideout warrior. Can probably make at least 10d/h as a hw and I'm not even good at it.
"
Frieske1 wrote:
"
Slider13 wrote:
And yet you take no action against hte streamers who abused this. I don't care if Ben is the best PoE player. People have abused the crap out of these exploits. I know they are exploits because if they were intended mechanics, you wouldn't patch them. But you take no action. You allow the economy to be destroyed and specific players to get extremely rich of exploits. This league is so much worse than Affliction, and people used maphacks there.

You know they're not exploiting, right? They're simply finding a new strategy that works based on what GGG has designed. As much as it sucks, sometimes certain things have unintended interactions - and if that's the case then they're well within their rights to patch it.

Believe me, none of us MF based players are happy with the state of end game juicing/the game in general either.

And as a side note, the influx of uniques into the economy thanks to these interactions has probably benefitted casual players in some ways - when was the last time other than the past two leagues were you could get a Headhunter for 20-25d?

High end players don't set the prices on the supplies to do these strategies either, once the general population notices what they're doing, all the prices go up because the casual players want to benefit.

"
sometimes certain things have unintended interactions

which is the definition of a bug

If that design was intended, it wouldn't need to be hotfixed. Everyone who partook in it were exploiting a bug and should be banned until the end of this league. The damage made to the economy this early leaves no other option

"

The general population wouldn't have known about it if some certain streamers didn't advertise it with google docs guides and answering to questions about the abuse

Those high end players should feel some responsibility. If you dont enjoy the game and are willing to ruin it for everybody else then you should be removed from the game
I don't understand why GGG don't have alarms on these loot explosions?
It shouldn't be too difficult to set up a alarm in Kibana or smth to alert them when someone is finding excessively much valuable loot.

The issue could be easily identified within an hour of the first person abusing the bug.
"
Risto1337 wrote:
"
Frieske1 wrote:
"
Slider13 wrote:

"
sometimes certain things have unintended interactions

which is the definition of a bug

If that design was intended, it wouldn't need to be hotfixed. Everyone who partook in it were exploiting a bug and should be banned until the end of this league. The damage made to the economy this early leaves no other option

"

The general population wouldn't have known about it if some certain streamers didn't advertise it with google docs guides and answering to questions about the abuse

Those high end players should feel some responsibility. If you dont enjoy the game and are willing to ruin it for everybody else then you should be removed from the game

I guess nobody should make new strats. Wouldn't want to be banned just because you find a good one. It's a very slippery slope.
The content creators were going to make a Mageblood/Hr if this wasn't hotfixed XDD
Worst LG ever
This patch makes sense. You're fixing a literal broken interaction. Back to Basics is meant to prevent that content, ok I get that. That being said, it made no sense to patch the anarchy allflame previously because people found an intelligent way to use it.

Please stop nerfing strategies mid-league. It feels horrid for both casuals and experienced players looking to invest into them and have fun. This league has had a major issue of FOMO, and it's honestly too late to fix it at this point. I really hope you don't approach next league in the same manner. Not quite sure why the conduct towards mid-league changes has seemingly shifted this league. It'd be great to at least get an explanation at some point from you guys. Perhaps there's a reason I'm missing, I think I speak for most of us when I say we'd just like to understand why.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info