Thanks for a ruined eco

"
in the end its just an early belt

Oh my god, thanks for making my day
"
Can't really have a player driven economy and a guarantee that prices can't change more than X% in Y days.

This is always a 'risk' when buying any type of good, especially those that depreciate or those in sectors with a lot of fast technological advancement. You just have to learn to acknowledge within yourself, and remind yourself, that yes, I voluntarily paid that price, because I decided it was a fair deal. The fact that someone else got a better deal later does not change that.

It's like buying a video card or something. You can hold out forever waiting for the next one, waiting for prices on the second-best to come down, etc etc. But you're going to buy in at some point, and you're going to have to figure out a way to be okay with the fact that you will definitely not be the person who ends up getting the best deal on the thing you choose to buy.

While I generally agree with your statement in regards to "you will most oikely not get the" best deal so try to be okay with it", we actually have past league data that clearly shows mageblood getting more and more expensive with every week up until around the 3-4 week mark and THEN it inflates. What im trying to say is: I did my homework. I knew what to expect. And I kinda got screwed anyway. If I had just invested the money into mirror shards I would have made 60div in the course while madeblood lost 50. Its very hypothetical at this point but still... Such an early price crash was not expected.

"
i know you're just being silly but I'm happy that everything is crashing and burning. I hope the 400 div Mageblood days never return. Let the items rain and let people have fun. Having to play economy manipulator or sweaty grinder just to get items that are fun to play with sucks.
if everything has no value anymore and is handed out for free then there is no point in trying to play an eco based game. Having to grind for chase items and to somewhat race other players to get their faster is the whole appeal at this point. If that stops I can simply look for other competetive games.
Mirrors, and the associated items, still have value, buddy. Your poor experience doesn't change that fact. It sucks that you spent more for the sake of buying one fast, but this is how things are nowadays. If you want something that has value, feel free to chase after a mirror item
lol, you need to play SSF and not worry about other ppl
"
Vennto wrote:
While I generally agree with your statement in regards to "you will most oikely not get the" best deal so try to be okay with it", we actually have past league data that clearly shows mageblood getting more and more expensive with every week up until around the 3-4 week mark and THEN it inflates. What im trying to say is: I did my homework. I knew what to expect. And I kinda got screwed anyway.
I would disagree that you 'got screwed' if you acknowledge you engaged in a fair trade, but terminology aside, isn't that the nature of markets? "Past performance is not necessarily indicative of future returns" is a common warning on all sorts of investment products, for example. If GGG wanted prices to follow a predictable pattern each league so that if you 'do your homework' you are guaranteed to come out ahead (and don't get me wrong, that's a valid design), then trading could just be set up with NPCs.
You fucked up and its only your own fault. You lacked knowledge. Rushing HH/Mageblood is no longer good option because both of them will get much cheaper over time. Why? Because of Valdo maps. It will be the same in every future league. In addition you probably bought it while people were still getting 50+ divines from single map, abusing the map fishing with devoted mods. After they fixed and people have less divines, prices went down.
Leasson learned, now you know.
Last edited by Aynix on Apr 10, 2024, 3:22:16 AM
"
Aynix wrote:
You fucked up and its only your own fault. You lacked knowledge. Rushing HH/Mageblood is no longer good option because both of them will get much cheaper over time. Why? Because of Valdo maps. It will be the same in every future league. In addition you probably bought it while people were still getting 50+ divines from single map, abusing the map fishing with devoted mods. After they fixed and people have less divines, prices went down.
Leasson learned, now you know.

tf are u talking about valdors has nothing to do with this it's using anarchy combination with unique on unique boss mob kill lol

Meaning I put 100+ exiles in the map = every single exile / unique boss drops a unique +
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
Last edited by Coconutdoggy on Apr 10, 2024, 3:24:25 AM
I don't know which is more disgusting; the rogue exile/ambush combo or the tormented t17 juicing.

1 freaking mob dropped nearly as many unique on a t17 sanctuary map as a whole 6-8k purple wisp cemetery run last league...

The introduction of this half-baked scarab system and these new t17 maps with their ridiculously broken mod pool took the game in very wrong direction, imo.

I would expect stuff like this from a fan made diablo 2 mod, not from a company with professional developers. It just feels embarrassing.
"
Vennto wrote:
GGG needs to fix the economy abuse in the next league. Its not acceptable that the best farming strats are abuses to roll t7 maps and that versions of that literally surpasses everything normal up to this point.
GGG doesn't need to do shit. The economy is player driven and thankfully always will be. If you can't handle that there are options like SSF or other games. Or you know, less fomo - no one cares if you're in the top 0,5%, 1% or 20%.
Mageblood is an old item at this point and it's about time this crap becomes 20-50 div instead of 300-mirror. They clearly want this to be the case when they nerfed elemental flasks and also added a new flask-related belt to one of the uber bosses - on Pathfinder that belt is objectively better than mageblood.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info