Thanks for a ruined eco

I went pretty hard on leaguestart and bought my mageblood at the end of weekend 2 at a pricepoint of 180 div, being one of the top 1.5% of players acquiring this item.

I then returned to work, and what do I have to see not three days later: price crashed by more than 50div.

For some this may sound at elitist crying, but stuff like this seriously takes the joy out of the game for me, seeing my work basically nullified. The whole idea of pushing eco is to get an advantage over others to generate more currency down the lane, not losing them compared to the market in the process.

I was planning on rolling a second high budget build that needs mageblood and uses nimis, and seeing that if I literally waited and NOT bought the belt on sunday I would, JUST TWO DAYS LATER, get the ring on top for ABSOLUTELY ZERO ADDITIONAL WORK is honestly so frustrating, that Im clpse to quitting the league right now.

GGG needs to fix the economy abuse in the next league. Its not acceptable that the best farming strats are abuses to roll t7 maps and that versions of that literally surpasses everything normal up to this point.
Last bumped on Apr 10, 2024, 10:48:38 PM
I know you're just being silly but I'm happy that everything is crashing and burning. I hope the 400 div Mageblood days never return. Let the items rain and let people have fun. Having to play economy manipulator or sweaty grinder just to get items that are fun to play with sucks.
Waiting for the day when mageblood will be a reward for killing kitava act 10 XD, maybe in 10 years or maybe when poe2 will fail big time KEKW
We should not seek to use this power to change those around us, no... This power is a means for us to change ourselves. To be reborn as Wraeclast intends us to be. - The Slaying of the Gods //Oshabi//
It's actually worst than affliction lmao
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
i can probably afford a HH soon....even last league it wasnt this cheap early on
Here is a compromise, they delete mageblood and in return we get... IDK, the ability to mute mtx, or every so often a foiled div orb drops that is extra shiny for economy purposes.

I get it sucks, but locking flask qol behind extreme rarity is kinda dumb. Items like Mageblood really screw with GGG's ability to balance the game. they have admitted headhunter messed with monster mods for awhile at any rate.

I am not saying that chase items shouldn't exist, but if the choice is between never seeing one drop and anything else, I will take literally anything else.
I kinda felt like this about Mageblood in particular. I want to get one and build around it but at the same time, I don't want to buy it only for it to crash 30 div next day and waste my time farming for that.
Last edited by FiveInchSquirrel on Apr 10, 2024, 1:38:40 AM
Hey, thanks for telling me! I was planning to start selling my scarabs to get up to 170 but no need now! Just bought mine.

On the other hand, sad that this thing I found lost so much value T_T

Can't really have a player driven economy and a guarantee that prices can't change more than X% in Y days.

This is always a 'risk' when buying any type of good, especially those that depreciate or those in sectors with a lot of fast technological advancement. You just have to learn to acknowledge within yourself, and remind yourself, that yes, I voluntarily paid that price, because I decided it was a fair deal. The fact that someone else got a better deal later does not change that.

It's like buying a video card or something. You can hold out forever waiting for the next one, waiting for prices on the second-best to come down, etc etc. But you're going to buy in at some point, and you're going to have to figure out a way to be okay with the fact that you will definitely not be the person who ends up getting the best deal on the thing you choose to buy.
Mageblood is not the issue here, the belt is pretty good, just make it drop like candy, in the end its just an early belt so you can farm, lategame you need some cool belt crafted.
We should not seek to use this power to change those around us, no... This power is a means for us to change ourselves. To be reborn as Wraeclast intends us to be. - The Slaying of the Gods //Oshabi//

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info