Mark "Neon" is a based gigachad god

"
Draegnarrr wrote:
Think what you want, enjoy defending a game with one less option as if that is some great victory :p

thanks il keep deffending the best ARPG game on the market who is getting better every year has no pay to win gets consistent free content every 3-4 months this could been diablo 4 you know a multi bilion company who havent released any meaningful content all they did was number changes and is a pay to win and they want to make you pay for everything even early league start for 30$ you have no idea how lucky we are to have PoE in the state it is
That isn't a rebuttal, your argument is i'd rather have worse than better.

If you have a real one, like actual experience of it being prohibitive development wise to take any of the extremely easy options currently on the table to tweak melee then go ahead but everything you've said so far is simply being a contrarian for the sake of it.

This isn't coming from someone that doesn't play melee either or thinks melee is unplayable garbage, I just think they are due to throw it a bone and have been for over a year.
"
Draegnarrr wrote:
That isn't a rebuttal, your argument is i'd rather have worse than better.

no? this doesnt make any sense almost as if you just decided to say the most random thing wich has nothing to do with my thread
Last edited by Gopstop22 on Mar 28, 2024, 6:46:56 AM
You literally setup an instantaneous strawman about how PoE is the perfect game and we should be lucky to be in its presence which has absolutely nothing to do with what was said, it isn't a rebuttal its shouting ITS PERFECT at everyone who mentions anything else.

I don't even disagree with it, we are lucky. PoE is a magnificent game, but they could and should still improve melee nor will it take them long when they finally settle on what to do (ie devote the time to looking at it not something else) those two statements don't conflict.

but don't let me get in the way of your ITS PERFECT just keep shouting it just do it without the 10% of people play melee reference which is heavily compromised garbage like most PoE related stats used on the forums. Neon shouldn't use it and neither should anyone else just typing it immediately makes whatever point is attempted to be made worse.

"Deal with it" is honestly superior in every way.
"
Draegnarrr wrote:
You literally setup an instantaneous strawman about how PoE is the perfect game and we should be lucky to be in its presence

exactly my point? you should consider yourself lucky have you not seen the other arpg games and other companies how they have destroyed their game? becuz with each and every year they are getting worse not better unlike it is with GGG again this could turned into diablo 4 but it didnt THANK GOD you just have no idea how lucky we are
Last edited by Gopstop22 on Mar 28, 2024, 7:19:24 AM
"
Aynix wrote:
All your complaining shows very clearly that you do not like melee.

You just keep assuming and assuming, then dismissing any actual arguments. That's not worthy of a discussion, it's simply irritating and, frankly, quite annoying. I'm getting a bit tired of that, so this is gonna be my last reply to you.

I LOVE melee; when it's actually fun to play. I literally started this game with a Sweep Marauder as I recall, and I had at least one melee character in every league since April 2013. Until all the nerfs got too annoying and I stopped playing melee characters. I later switched to Spectral Helix, which kinda plays like melee but different, then that got dumpstered, too.

Go to poe.ninja and look at the top HC characters using melee skills. They all either use Boneshatter, Earthshatter or Earthquake. The vast majority of them use Boneshatter/of Complex Trauma. Wonder why that is. Must be the extremely good flat damage scaling it provides, making it much less gear dependent than any other melee skill. Maybe because it's currently the best and top-end melee skill available. And it's all either Juggernauts, Champions or Slayers.

Wow, melee is so diverse and fun! Absolutely nothing wrong with it at all!

/rant
Original creator of the "Poor Man's Ward Loop" build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3480922
Windows 11 Enterprise 64-bit, i7-13700K 5.30GHz
PNY RTX 4080 16GB GDDR6X, 32GB DDR5-6000 CL36
Samsung 980 Pro, Seasonic Prime GX 850W Gold
You love melee? Then why you constantly compare it to other types of builds and constantly complain that X is better?
If you love melee then YOU PLAY MELEE and you dont give a fuck that you could be better if you would play something else.
Whether the build costs 20 divines to "bee viable" or 50 divines changes NOTHING in gameplay. Melee wont suddenly become more fun if the gearing would be cheaper. It will be THE SAME. So if you are not playing it already - you wont play it after change either. If you are not playing it already it means the only way you would play it is if it becomes next "meta" skill and one of the strongest thing in the game.
Currently I see three reasons why someone would not play melee:
- you cannot afford it (either you dont know how to make money or you are too lazy)
- you dont like melee
- you are meta slave and play only "the best build", you refuse to play anything if "something is better".

Which one are you? Because to me it looks like you are closes to the third otpion becuase you should know how to make decent amount of money after playing for so long
Last edited by Aynix on Mar 28, 2024, 11:13:18 AM
"
Aynix wrote:
Legion league WAS NOT melee league. It was Cyclone league. It was literally the only melee build that was popular back then, just like Boneshatter is semi-popular nowadays. Imo, melee was in way worse place back in Legion than it currently is.

Nah, there were other skills that were popular too. Me and my friends all played Bladestorm back then (I think it was introduced in Legion) and it was pretty strong.

Also, and I might be wrong here, but wasn't it Legion League where they buffed the flat damage on a lot of melee skills to the point where even counter-attack skills were playable with Facebreakers?

Anyhow, the best melee times were back when they introduced Shaper/Elder and "stat sticks" were the META. Sure, it helped physical spells more, but...
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
"
Phrazz wrote:
"
Aynix wrote:
Legion league WAS NOT melee league. It was Cyclone league. It was literally the only melee build that was popular back then, just like Boneshatter is semi-popular nowadays. Imo, melee was in way worse place back in Legion than it currently is.

Also, and I might be wrong here, but wasn't it Legion League where they buffed the flat damage on a lot of melee skills to the point where even counter-attack skills were playable with Facebreakers?

Nah, they overhauled animations, among many other things. Read here. Was a big change for Multistrike users. You were no longer stuck in the animation.

They also added Berserk, Steelskin, Bladestorm etc. Was a great patch for melee.

Legion league was when I had the most fun playing melee. It has never felt as good in any league after that. Just constant nerfs to pretty much everything, among a few decent buffs to some things.

This is what I played in Legion:

Cleave + Bladestorm Champion aka. Hank the Tank. He was my baby, my pride and joy, then they ruined it all.

While everyone else was farming 5-Way with HH Cyclone Slayer, I was playing Impale Cleave.

3.9.0 is where it started to go downhill continuously. Same patch where they removed multi-mod and changed Fortify to multiplicative.

I got to enjoy my favorite melee build for 2 patches before they nuked it from orbit and made it like 20x as expensive to build, on top of nerfing its defense by like 20-25%.

Can't remember when they started removing Physical Damage Reduction from everything, but it also made things so much worse. Basalt flask used to have 15% PDR. Soul of Steel also had PDR. Etc.
Original creator of the "Poor Man's Ward Loop" build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3480922
Windows 11 Enterprise 64-bit, i7-13700K 5.30GHz
PNY RTX 4080 16GB GDDR6X, 32GB DDR5-6000 CL36
Samsung 980 Pro, Seasonic Prime GX 850W Gold
Affliction was better league than Legion for melee, people are just so stuck in "melee bad" mindset they wont even bother testing. Charms were insane not just power but also QoL for melee builds. For example, you could reach bigger AoE than in Legion times.
Last edited by Aynix on Mar 28, 2024, 4:53:01 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info