Mark "Neon" is a based gigachad god

"
Gopstop22 wrote:
TS need to be deleted like MF so a good change

Always a bad idea. They should just give the secondary projectiles a low range like Ethereal Knives, so that people are forced to scale that, too. No more silly off-screening from 2 screens away. That's a decent nerf that doesn't kill the build.
Original creator of the "Poor Man's Ward Loop" build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3480922
Windows 11 Enterprise 64-bit, i7-13700K 5.30GHz
PNY RTX 4080 16GB GDDR6X, 32GB DDR5-6000 CL36
Samsung 980 Pro, Seasonic Prime GX 850W Gold
Last edited by BaumisMagicalWorld on Mar 27, 2024, 7:06:30 PM
Yeah Mark replaced CW as director of PoE and we will hear a lot more from him in the future. He seems to me more in touch how the game really works.
Masterpiece of 3.16 lore
"A mysterious figure appears out of nowhere, trying to escape from something you can't see. She hands you a rusty-looking device called the Blood Crucible and urges you to implant it into your body."

Only usable with Ethanol Flasks
Last edited by gandhar0 on Mar 27, 2024, 7:08:32 PM
"
Gopstop22 wrote:
20k melee players? you wish bro

There would be FAR more than 20k if melee was actually on par with other archtypes. Legion league says "hi". TONS of melee enjoyers out there, but a lot of them are to smart to play melee.

Me, on the other hand, is dumb enough to play it every league. Real men play melee.

---

Talking about Mark, though... Funny to hear him actually agreeing that melee needs some love. Funny to hear him say that they don't want to push back improvements, even though they have been pushing them back for several years.
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
"
Phrazz wrote:
"
Gopstop22 wrote:
20k melee players? you wish bro

There would be FAR more than 20k if melee was actually on par with other archtypes. Legion league says "hi". TONS of melee enjoyers out there, but a lot of them are to smart to play melee.

Me, on the other hand, is dumb enough to play it every league. Real men play melee.

---

Talking about Mark, though... Funny to hear him actually agreeing that melee needs some love. Funny to hear him say that they don't want to push back improvements, even though they have been pushing them back for several years.

Legion league WAS NOT melee league. It was Cyclone league. It was literally the only melee build that was popular back then, just like Boneshatter is semi-popular nowadays. Imo, melee was in way worse place back in Legion than it currently is.
"
Gopstop22 wrote:
this guy knows whats up and what people want he also is literally walking wikipedia he said he knows every unique name and the roll ranges it have he also knows every passive skillpoint name and the stats it give that is just absolutely crazy i was worried if chris wilson would ever stop working on poe it would die after a year but now i need not to worry poe is in good hands

He came across really well, the sad part is going to be watching the player base turn on him when he makes a change they really don't like. (you've done it before and that's why we get basically no communication from devs now)
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
"
lagwin1980 wrote:
"
Gopstop22 wrote:
this guy knows whats up and what people want he also is literally walking wikipedia he said he knows every unique name and the roll ranges it have he also knows every passive skillpoint name and the stats it give that is just absolutely crazy i was worried if chris wilson would ever stop working on poe it would die after a year but now i need not to worry poe is in good hands

He came across really well, the sad part is going to be watching the player base turn on him when he makes a change they really don't like. (you've done it before and that's why we get basically no communication from devs now)

just don't make those changes
"
CAPSLOCK_ON wrote:
"
lagwin1980 wrote:
"
Gopstop22 wrote:

just don't make those changes

change is good learn to adapt to them
"
You talk about a dude that has multiple lvl100 HC characters, some demis from races he won and that plays the fkn game better than 99% of forum dwelers.

Cool, then his diverse in-game experience should lead to a person that is keenly aware of the different issues present for different archetypes in different content in POE. We shouldn't have to summarize anything for him, unless that is request is born out of a perspective of a) ignorance or b) "melee is fine if you just play all the time and have tons of currency".

If he was incompetent in-game, then I would view his recent requests more positively, but even in that case, how long can you feign ignorance?

Jonathan Rogers is in charge of POE2 development? All recent playthroughs show the melee experience there in leveling to be agaonizing compared to anything present in POE1. Am I also to assume that Jonathan shares the same "melee is fine" perspective of Mark, or that Jonathan even views the current situation of melee as more positive (powerful) than Mark does, such that an even worse melee experience is warranted in POE2?

If so, then wow, just wow. The more one ponders this situation, the more baffled one gets at how development reached this point.
Last edited by mnieradko on Mar 27, 2024, 8:28:01 PM
"
Gopstop22 wrote:

change is good learn to adapt to them

bad changes bad
"
Gopstop22 wrote:

so again based mark focusing on what 90% of players want not 10%

There were patches where a majority played melee, basically this is a meaningless statement from GGG and everyone should stop using it - if you shit on an archetype for long enough you can hardly be surprised that it ends up with very few people playing it.

They also frequently make gameplay and balance changes to subsets of the playerbase far smaller than 10%

basically GGG don't have an excuse, don't defend them. They don't make changes because it just isn't as important to them as something else but it isn't based around metrics, balance or anything in between it simply is.

Lastly as it'll actually be on topic I think its kinda sad how many people needed proof that some key developers do actually know the game -_-, i'm glad that they now believe but if they didn't before they need to take some personal bias out of looking at game changes and look at the big picture.

Neon has done a wonderful job this league specifically of taking the centre stage and showing what that looks like when you are a developer and I think for now its making it easier for GGG to make changes. Hope it can keep going but i'm never particularly confident in the masses being able to keep on the level.
Last edited by Draegnarrr on Mar 28, 2024, 4:07:06 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info