Why is nobody asking for Detonate Dead to be nerfed ?!

even carn is playing DD now...we had one guy who always played melee but with the recent changes even he switched to DD.
Honestly biggest nerf to DD popularity was HC falling off. DD was popular mostly in HC league, and since every league more and more people are getting bored of playing in ghost town and play SC instead (where pretty much everyone is), there is also less people playing DD.

"
Lyutsifer665 wrote:
even carn is playing DD now...we had one guy who always played melee but with the recent changes even he switched to DD.

One guy got bored of playing melee after X years and try something else. Clear sign that the skill is broken and should be nerfed /s
Last edited by Aynix on Mar 26, 2024, 6:17:40 PM
"
Aynix wrote:
Honestly biggest nerf to DD popularity was HC falling off. DD was popular mostly in HC league, and since every league more and more people are getting bored of playing in ghost town and play SC instead (where pretty much everyone is), there is also less people playing DD.

"
Lyutsifer665 wrote:

One guy got bored of playing melee after X years and try something else. Clear sign that the skill is broken and should be nerfed /s

no he didnt get bored..he made a video explaining why he stopped. it was the changes to call to arms

DD is busted. he only played melee because he liked it but now he jumped on the DD bandwagon
Last edited by Lyutsifer665 on Mar 26, 2024, 6:19:51 PM
If someone can drop 10 divines in the span of an hour because their build is insane and stronger, but you can only drop 2 with yours because you're limited by the skill's potential ; your purchasing power is then severely diminished and your place within the economy ladder also. You're then at a clear disadvantage.

How is it even possible to argue against this ? It's basic math and economics.
So you're either arguing just to argue, unable or unwilling to comprehend.
Affliction and Necropolis are the worst leagues ever to exist. The current game design and direction is atrocious.
"
TheRealBill wrote:
Therefor your claim that the game is imbalanced because of DD and it taking up 20% of skill use has been weighed, it has been measured, and it has been found wanting.

LOL, are you serious, actually looking at the current Affliction PoENinja in order to attempt to contradict me. I'm talking about Necropolis league, not Affliction...

Do you want to come back to this post on Sunday, and see the DD amount, and apologize to me, tell me I was right and you were wrong ?

Might even be 30+ % even..
Affliction and Necropolis are the worst leagues ever to exist. The current game design and direction is atrocious.
Last edited by Senju_Hyoketsu on Mar 26, 2024, 6:43:20 PM
"
Aynix wrote:
"
openup001 wrote:
why u care about nerf in pve game

Funny you ask, you must be new to the internet. Doesnt matter if its PvE, people still will look at others and feel "worse" because they play Y build instead X build, and X build is better.

How sad if you actually believe this. It says WAY more about you than anything else.

Believe it or not, there are countless players that do not give a single fuck what Ben or Carn or Ziz or Quin are playing.
"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."
- Abraham Lincoln
Last edited by DarthSki44 on Mar 26, 2024, 6:57:30 PM
Honestly, if they just made it scale like a normal spell that would probably kill peoples interest in it.

Detonate dead isn't a problem, in fact all skills should be that easy to gear and scale. The problem is that things like heavy strike take 23x more investment to get to a similar level of damage, recovery, and effective hp.

Mechanically Detonate dead doesn't have a travel time, can be automated, doesn't really need to target anything, has better than average aoe, and better than average damage. You click the button with a desecrate trigger wand or spellslinger and it works.

A lot of skills can't be automated, have very little or no aoe, less than average damage for some obscure reason, have anti-synergistic components built in (supports that drastically lower skill speed for example), and require very careful targeting for max effect (overlapping usually). A lot of skills just don't work well, and that is the larger problem for me.

Basically the only way they can truly nerf dd is to ruin how smooth it is to play, or maybe reduce corpse life from desecrate and unearth.

I guess it is a problem for races, but who cares. gauntlet is boring as hell anyway. I would make them play something strange and uncomfortable.

I don't like the arguments that easy skills are bad for the economy, simply because a lot of players wouldn't play if their skill was nuked from orbit. And their exit from trade is easy to notice, especially if they run currency flipping bots.

I don't care if other skills are better, I play what I play, and see where it goes.
"
Izrakhan wrote:

So all instant cast abilities should naturally be less powerful than skills with cast times.

Maybe if ranged attacks/spells were less powerful
and multiple projectiles,
and area damage

If single target melee had far more damage than anything else, I would agree with you. If they are only going to balance some things, and leave others seriously advantaged, then worrying about DD seems to be low in priority by comparison.
PoE Origins - Piety's story http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2081910
"
If someone can drop 10 divines in the span of an hour because their build is insane and stronger, but you can only drop 2 with yours because you're limited by the skill's potential ; your purchasing power is then severely diminished and your place within the economy ladder also. You're then at a clear disadvantage.

Not everything needs to be a competition.

"
DarthSki44 wrote:

Believe it or not, there are countless players that do not give a single fuck what Ben or Carn or Ziz or Quin are playing.

Believe or not, just as many people DO look what other play.
Last edited by Aynix on Mar 26, 2024, 7:46:59 PM
Softcore trade is a competition.

Let me know it feels when you're starved out of purchasing power, not able to afford items or crafts.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info