So I MUST interact with the league mechanic every new map or zone in campaign.

"
Aynix wrote:
"
I don't even die in Acts anymore... and I don't even consider myself a ''good'' player mechanically by any means. Like it probably takes me 9 hours to finish the campaign...
I don't even make efforts no to die, so if a death is near I won't even make efforts to avoid it most of the time.

And, when I first started I had no issues dying, how is it a problem.

Come on now, claiming the campaign is too hard... LOL :D

If anything it should be much harder, and the Act 1-2 reworks should be applied to all of them.

Congratulations, do you want a medal? Now tell us how many hours you have in PoE and how it totally makes no diffrence, person who picked the game for the first time in their life will deifnitely find it as easy.

You know whats funny? We know you are wrong because there is literally a proof in PoE for that. Ever heard of Ruthless mode? WHere its "good old hard PoE"? Yeah, its beyond dead.

A medal lol, I basically just admitted I was a mediocre player when it came down to mechanics, so clearly not looking for praise here...

Sorry but, how and why is dying in games a problem ?!?! Especially the first time(s) you EVER play. It's to be expected...
If it wasn't the case they would be no progression curve, no sense of accomplishment, no need to learn, improve, etc. WTF, do you even realize what you're saying/advocating for !

Clear difference in philosophy. I'm vanilla WoW, you're retail WoW.
I want challenge, investment, skill and efforts to pay off; whereas you want everything to be easy, handed on a silver platter, for content not to be gated and for everyone to have access to everything.

Whiiiiiiiiich leads back to what I've been saying all along : you can't have it all, a game can't please everyone, a game can't cater to everyone and shouldn't.
PoE devs are trying too hard to cater to everyone by altering the game and its core philosophies; which leads to the type of discussions we're having.
I'd argue you're the one who's advocating for the wrong thing, in the wrong place. Why don't you go play Diablo, Torchlight or Mario ?

Oh wait, you also die as a new player in Mario, either by getting killed by enemies, or by falling out of bounds...

*Sigh*
Affliction and Necropolis are the worst leagues ever to exist. The current game design and direction is atrocious.
Last edited by Senju_Hyoketsu on Mar 26, 2024, 10:14:36 AM
Dying is not a problem. Dying w.o any clue what killed you and how you can avoid it is a problem. PoE gives ZERO information, even most basic stuff like type of a damage that killed you. I know PoE players are already brainrotted to the point that everyone will go and look for info on 3rd party websites, but I can assure you most new players will just say "fuck it" and leave.
"
Aynix wrote:
Dying is not a problem. Dying w.o any clue what killed you and how you can avoid it is a problem. PoE gives ZERO information, even most basic stuff like type of a damage that killed you. I know PoE players are already brainrotted to the point that everyone will go and look for info on 3rd party websites, but I can assure you most new players will just say "fuck it" and leave.

GGG refuses to introduce even basic shit like. this mob hit that much and thats why you died. because thats not worthwhile information for players according to GGG.
"
anti4z500 wrote:
GGG refuses to introduce even basic shit like. this mob hit that much and thats why you died. because thats not worthwhile information for players according to GGG.

nah they said it's just too complicated or something

which is veeeery weird because the chinese PoE has a death recap and so does Last Epoch, but I have no idea how accurate or useful those are

"
''You think you do, but you don't'' is actually be warranted, sometimes.

I have no freaking idea what you are trying to say in any of your responses man
Last edited by Imaginaerum on Mar 26, 2024, 7:41:37 PM
Their excuse is that "hit that killed you is not necessary hit that dealt the most amount of damage".
Who cares, it still would be helpfull.
Last edited by Aynix on Mar 26, 2024, 7:42:36 PM
"
Aynix wrote:
Their excuse is that "hit that killed you is not necessary hit that dealt the most amount of damage".
Who cares, it still would be helpfull.

I guess it would help more to see what the chinese client one has, if it still has it. And I don't disagree, the last hit may be some random arrow from a skeleton and not the 2-3 hit combo that actually took you down that low. I have no idea how hard it is to make a useful list for the player. clearly too hard and time consuming for them to add in the last 10 years. and let's be real I'm still gonna play the game with or without it lmao
"
Imaginaerum wrote:
"

Pretty sure all my responses were well formulated, so at this point it may be an intellect issue.

Google ''you think you do but you don't'', maybe you will understand the correlation.
Affliction and Necropolis are the worst leagues ever to exist. The current game design and direction is atrocious.
"
Imaginaerum wrote:
which is veeeery weird because the chinese PoE has a death recap and so does Last Epoch, but I have no idea how accurate or useful those are

As for Last Epoch, I found it to be useful. It only shows you the damage type that killed you, but that was enough to notice problems. I.e. I got killed by Necrotic Damage, checked my resists and noticed I forgot to upgrade said resist as I got into higher content, which of course meant I needed more resistance to account for the Penetration per level (theirs works differently). Fixed that and it helped.

So, to say that "it's not useful to only show the damage type that killed you" is simply wrong. Last Epoch isn't much tamer in gameplay than PoE as well. That excuse has no hold.
Original creator of the "Poor Man's Ward Loop" build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3480922
Windows 11 Enterprise 64-bit, i7-13700K 5.30GHz
PNY RTX 4080 16GB GDDR6X, 32GB DDR5-6000 CL36
Samsung 980 Pro, Seasonic Prime GX 850W Gold
"
Imaginaerum wrote:
"
anti4z500 wrote:

nah they said it's just too complicated or something

"

Yea and LE's 'death recap' is near useless. "You were slain by Giant Slam. Damage type; phyiscal and lightning".

That doesn't help at all. It doesn't tell you that you also had the shocked debuff at 11 stacks, or that you were inside a degen zone and already at 35% hp, or that were marked for death, ect.

Not worth the dev time.
"
"
Imaginaerum wrote:

As for Last Epoch, I found it to be useful. It only shows you the damage type that killed you, but that was enough to notice problems. I.e. I got killed by Necrotic Damage, checked my resists and noticed I forgot to upgrade said resist as I got into higher content, which of course meant I needed more resistance to account for the Penetration per level (theirs works differently). Fixed that and it helped.

So, to say that "it's not useful to only show the damage type that killed you" is simply wrong. Last Epoch isn't much tamer in gameplay than PoE as well. That excuse has no hold.

So let's play this out. Now that you remembered to cap your resistances, your character is killed again, by necrotic damage. Explain to me how that would actually help you in LE. What would you suddenly do different in that game that you couldn't have just done without the recap?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info