Melee changes in Necropolis?

"
Phrazz wrote:
Melee is fine if you hve the funds.

What makes Boneshatter so great for 'most people', is that the skill scales itself, which reduces the gear requirements on a league starter. But we all know Boneshatter falls off a cliff when it comes to scaling REAL endgame single target damage.

I still think melee as a whole needs a LOT og QoL changes, less totems, more damage on 'most' skills and easier scaling (less gear requirements) in certain stages of the game.

But melee is more than playable if you're willing to spit in some currency.

Well that's just it, I was ROFL when I looked at a particular person's characters who is constantly saying how OP melee is, and when I looked as his builds they were all hundreds of Divines in cost, but did 20 Divines worth of caster DPS. Its figuratively a bag of hot air argument.

Just because someone is good at the market does not mean melee is competitively viable. Melee is only competitively viable when you judge melee against other melee.
"
Valkaneer wrote:

Well that's just it, I was ROFL when I looked at a particular person's characters who is constantly saying how OP melee is, and when I looked as his builds they were all hundreds of Divines in cost, but did 20 Divines worth of caster DPS. Its figuratively a bag of hot air argument.

Maybe because I leagues started with miner and iddnt bother getting good gear for it. 50-100 divines for a build, especially in affliction, was nothing. You can literally farm 20+ divines per hour. You want to stomp entire game in a gear worth one hour of a grind? I can grind enough currency for good melee build in one single day.

No wonder pepople think melee is bad if they want to clear everything in garbage gear they can farm in less than an hour.
Melee is fine. Actually its more than fine, its good. Its just not for casuals or newbies.
Last edited by Aynix on Mar 22, 2024, 8:58:12 AM
"
Aynix wrote:

Melee is fine. Actually its more than fine, its good. Its just not for casuals or newbies.

You see guys, melee is fine as long as you play 12 hours a day.
"
mnieradko wrote:
"
Aynix wrote:

You see guys, melee is fine as long as you play 12 hours a day.

Try again. I will help you - Melee is fine as long you have brain that you know how to use and SOME experience in the game.
Last edited by Aynix on Mar 22, 2024, 9:04:43 AM
"
Valkaneer wrote:
"
Phrazz wrote:
Melee is fine if you hve the funds.

What makes Boneshatter so great for 'most people', is that the skill scales itself, which reduces the gear requirements on a league starter. But we all know Boneshatter falls off a cliff when it comes to scaling REAL endgame single target damage.

I still think melee as a whole needs a LOT og QoL changes, less totems, more damage on 'most' skills and easier scaling (less gear requirements) in certain stages of the game.

But melee is more than playable if you're willing to spit in some currency.

Just because someone is good at the market does not mean melee is competitively viable. Melee is only competitively viable when you judge melee against other melee.

Then maybe nerf casters to the ground. Same with TS and LA
"
arbyter wrote:

TS got nerfed to the ground. LA... well, the sniper's mark nerf is a nerf, just not a noticeable one :)
"
Xyel wrote:
"
arbyter wrote:

TS got nerfed to the ground. LA... well, the sniper's mark nerf is a nerf, just not a noticeable one :)

Please, small reduction to attack speed and 1 less secondary arrow is barely anything. It still will be #1 skill played on Deadeye but lets hope it wont be 71% of players playing it like this league, maybe now it will be "only" 50%.
ignore aynix.
his definition of fine is not league starting it and not farming currency with it as long as you dont have 100 div.
so fun. so for almost everyone that dont want to farm in a build that s not the one they want to play, melee is fine if you dont play it. guy says a meme serioulsy.

anyway, not much for melee player this league indeed.

was looking at tyty tierlist of starter, 2 melee(boneshatter cyclone showkwave) in 17 skills. 10% of player checks out.

Last edited by SerialF on Mar 22, 2024, 12:16:43 PM
Yes, Im not one of those who thinks build needs to have 10 bilion DPS on 10 divine budget to be fine.
At least I have more fun than those crybabies who scream that only 3 skills are viable and when they nerf one of them its end of the world.
Last edited by Aynix on Mar 22, 2024, 12:34:19 PM
I still don't understand where "melee is bad" people come from. Melee does excellent job on right hands. For example, 34% of +90 level of gauntlet chars -at least- were melee. If you are realist, you would know usecases for melee.

https://poe.ninja/builds/zizafflictionclassgauntlethcssf/?min-level=90

"
Valkaneer wrote:

They are the reason melee is hardly played in this game when every other game out there Melee is one of the most played. The disadvantages and inefficiencies are to high for melee.

What makes people play melee more in other games? just saying "The disadvantages and inefficiencies" explains nothing. Ysk, I don't know about other games.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info