The Left mouse button is the most important button in PC gaming. You just removed it? Why?!

"
SOUL_K wrote:

@alexwalter8669
the automation change needed more stress on the fact that controller and consoles could never bind skills to left click. People can say who cares, but if you use a controller or play on console it was frustrating to see build guides always have this stuff in them. This is an inclusivity change as well as an accessibility change.

How is removing something inclusive? What would be inclusive is giving console players a method of achieving the same, not taking an entire archetype of gameplay control away from PC players. That's exclusionary, the literal opposite of inclusivity.

People are still likely going to have to hold left click anyway, so I ask you:
- How is nerfing cooldown, mana cost, adding the requirement of an additional gem slot and an additional button allocation, inclusive and more accessible? You need to invest more, wait longer, hold more buttons and possibly lose an aura so lose either dps, defences or both. It's inclusive though!!!

It's neither inclusive nor accessibility-motivated, unless the removal of left-click binding is ignored, and the new gems are evaluated in a bubble.
No one can hear you poop in the forrest.
"
hasatt0 wrote:

$LButton::
Send, {LButton OR Your move key}
Send, {Your favourite key to replace left click}
Return

But that'll violate your ToS lol

Both violate the TOS. The general rule is one click cannot send multiple commands to the server (important part of that is commands that go to the server).

Your AHK would send a left click AND another key at the same time with one single click. It violates the TOS.

People tend to reference logout macros as multiple commands, but those are all local to the client with the exception of the logout button, so it does not technically violate the TOS....at least how I understand it.
Last edited by Nubatron on Mar 21, 2024, 2:19:02 PM
So I have to chime in incase the devs are taking numbers here.

I only use M1 to do everything, other than force move. I bind space to stand still and mouse to move with skill, so I can stutter step casting while walking.

This change messes everything up. Do not go through with this. Further note, I can see where people with disability are going to be frustrated with this as well, this will impact them more than me.
As someone who habitually plays chars with Withering Step bound to my left click....I just don't care. It's fine. I'll adapt and move on. People who get mad at this stuff or anything else about a game are entitled and live inside their first world problems. If you hate it that much, find a new game. It doesn't matter how many hours or years you've devoted, it means zero, we are all owed nothing. Life is change, move on.
"
ZenJelly wrote:
As someone who habitually plays chars with Withering Step bound to my left click....I just don't care. It's fine. I'll adapt and move on. People who get mad at this stuff or anything else about a game are entitled and live inside their first world problems. If you hate it that much, find a new game. It doesn't matter how many hours or years you've devoted, it means zero, we are all owed nothing. Life is change, move on.

And the award for best advice to ruin your business goes to...
"
Aynix wrote:
"
ZenJelly wrote:

Nope. People will come and go. No game lasts forever. There will always be players that leave just because new game X comes along. If you don't like it, move on.
"
ZenJelly wrote:
"
Aynix wrote:
"
ZenJelly wrote:

Nope. People will come and go. No game lasts forever. There will always be players that leave just because new game X comes along. If you don't like it, move on.

That doesnt mean you can tell every customer "go fuck yourself, if you dont like it, dont buy it". If you want to get any profit, that is.
Except it's not every customer, only the ones who seem to care. And as we know, of those that are "infuriated" a very small amount will actually not play. Path of Exile has had more supposed doomsday content releases then any other game I've played at the same age or older. The changes to mana res didn't kill the game, the changes from exalt to div didn't, the changes to crafting didn't and this won't. Players will leave, players will come. I imagine the release of PoE 2 will do more damage to the player base numbers than a LMB change ever could as it will cause somewhat of a fracture. The people that find this change insufferable will possibly leave, but most won't. Otherwise pick your new ARPG poison and move on.
Last edited by ZenJelly on Mar 21, 2024, 6:38:01 PM
After watching the video and the response was "deal with it" and we are putting this on the back burner.I am really bummed.Will also never forget the quote "numlock shenanegans".Rest of the features in necropolis looked pretty cool.
"
ZenJelly wrote:
Except it's not every customer, only the ones who seem to care.

Eventually everyone will care about something, and if you will tell them to fuck off in every of those situations, you are left with nothing.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info