Zizaran Interviews Jonathan and Hrishi

Awesome!
"All that fancy sword swinging when all you need is one good stab."
So they are aware their trading system has to be updated, would be nice if they also updated the one in poe 1.

Got a feeling they wont though.
Why am I still here
I'd love more Co-op related content both in poe 1 and poe 2.
I feel the co-op that's in the game at the moment is not enough, you often just end up following the one who has the most dmg.

My idea/suggestion is a new map item called Map-dungeons.

Map dungeons can only be completed if you're 2 people or more? Each player then have to defeat a wing of a map on their own in order to complete it.

The idea from here is endless, like maybe the players meet up at the end in a shared boss room, or each defeat a boss on their own, but maybe the bosses has a shared health pool? Different boss phases, so it phases in and out of existense for each player, so they both have to deal with the boss in order to defeat it.

What if a 'Rare' monster counters one of the players builds? Easy, make a new item like flares,dynamites or einer's old net. The item would then allow a player to use a monster transfer, to send targeted monster to his ally's wing.
Let's say players each get 3-5 of these transfers per map.
That would fix some of the issues that could occour and at the same time, allow for some fun moments amongst friends too. (Spawn a beyond boss? send it to your friend, lol.)

This content is ofc mostly intended to be played as friends, but do as you wish. If you don't want to play it, either don't pick it up or throw it on the auction house, easy fix for those who think my idea sucks.

From here on out, You could go crasy, even adding modifiers that would add a player vs player element to it, making it so that all of the monsters one player kills gets transfered to his ally, so that they too had to kill that exact monster!

Then they'd each send monsters against eachother.

Just like the good old WC3 pvp; Team survival "Enfo's".
Last edited by Ferablekeft on Jan 29, 2024, 6:49:37 PM
Exciting news about trading in POE2. Hopefully some of that will make its way into POE1 as well, as the situation there is rather dire, with bots, price fixers, scammers galore.

A little disappointing there were zero questions relating to consoles, a common trade market and so forth in a two hour talk. Would love (or maybe hate lol) to hear them talk about the possibility of crossplay and cross-trading/common market between platforms in POE2. This is the perfect time to make that happen, when you design a new game and game systems from the bottom up.
Great series of interviews. Can't wait to give PoE2 a playtrough
Really enjoyed the interview thanks.
The d4 fire camp discussions replaced my needs for sleeping pills,
funny how huge the gap can be.
Best Interview by far, asking about the true points of contention for POE1 players. Asking the follow up questions, and even mostly putting questions back on track if the answers don't address the actual question. Many interviewers ask questions, get an answer to something they weren't even asking for and move on, and it's very frustrating.

Thank you Ziz, Jonathan, and Hrishi. The openness of the questions, game mechanics, and design philosophy is VERY refreshing. I am actually getting excited about playing POE2 again.
"
aneruok1 wrote:
I really hope Poe 2 is all the things I enjoy from Poe 1. So far I've seen and heard none of that.

To me it sounds like they're getting rid of everything that makes PoE 1 bad and boring. I hope PoE 2 endgame doesn't look like what we have right now.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info