Zizaran Interviews Jonathan and Hrishi

"
aneruok1 wrote:
I really hope Poe 2 is all the things I enjoy from Poe 1. So far I've seen and heard none of that.

That's why PoE2 is it's own game cause it's not close to what we are used to play. Lore, iconic stuff like characters and skills still exist, but it's still a entire new game tho. Quite a shame but maybe it's the downfall of the arpg genre after almost 2 and a half decades. Wouldn't be the first game genre that died out over time. (yes I'm looking at you mmorpgs)
Flames and madness. I'm so glad I didn't miss the fun. hoho
"
aneruok1 wrote:
I really hope Poe 2 is all the things I enjoy from Poe 1. So far I've seen and heard none of that.

I guess you are one of those players who enjoy the current state of the game.

The game still has an extremely interesting RPG element in the creation of builds and gearing your character. The best of all ARPGs by far.
(which mostly takes place in your hideout and third party programs)

But the actual Action component has deteriorated into a loot pinata. You mindlessly mash buttons until you receive your loot. But you only do that, so you can go back to your hideout and get back to the RPG component of the game.

Just imagine that mapping would be more then just a loot pinata. A meaningful and actually challenging experience where skill is rewarded. Plus you get the satisfaction of the loot on top. WIN WIN

POE1 is just heavily skewed into the RPG direction.

If you ask me, POE2 looks like a more balanced and complete experience then POE1.

Last edited by Brain3001 on Jan 28, 2024, 7:42:36 PM
"
aneruok1 wrote:

Path of Exile 1 is currently in an unplayable and awful state, and is unfortunately a bloated mess beyond redemption. It looks like Path of Exile 2 will solve most of the problems Path of Exile 1 has and will be the best aRPG on the market with Last Epoch.

Why do people think GGG decided to separate the games? Because they're aware that Path of Exile 1 can't be saved. I strongly dislike almost everything about Path of Exile 1, but still play it, because it has no competitors.
Last edited by auspexa on Jan 28, 2024, 9:00:20 PM
"
auspexa wrote:
"
aneruok1 wrote:

Path of Exile 1 is currently in an unplayable and awful state, and is unfortunately a bloated mess beyond redemption. It looks like Path of Exile 2 will solve most of the problems Path of Exile 1 has and will be the best aRPG on the market with Last Epoch.

Why do people think GGG decided to separate the games? Because they're aware that Path of Exile 1 can't be saved. I strongly dislike almost everything about Path of Exile 1, but still play it, because it has no competitors.

Click the god damn blocking nodes on the atlas tree.
Path of Exile 2 will have revamped versions of PoE 1 leagues so the bloat is going to be there as well. Yikes.
"
Lemurcheto wrote:
"
auspexa wrote:
"
aneruok1 wrote:

Click the god damn blocking nodes on the atlas tree.
Path of Exile 2 will have revamped versions of PoE 1 leagues so the bloat is going to be there as well. Yikes.

It's not only about the league mechanics, items, and even gems are also bloated, which causes a handful of build archetypes to dominate the meta every single league. This is impossible to get rid of without a massive overhaul to unique items, support gems and the passive tree.
"
aneruok1 wrote:

While I can understand this, keep in mind that in a sense, it' the players who have made POE1 into what that is today, not strictly GGG. GGG has provided the tools, the freedom and lots of options, often without seeing all the outcomes themselves. I believe this is what has made POE1 so amazing at the higher level, and this is something I've come to understand they will continue doing in POE2.
It might not be full super sayan like it is now, but POE1 wasn't like that either until players played with the tools.

I think you should try to be open minded - the chances they make something slightly different and new does not mean you won't fall in love with that aswell my friend. And I have to say, the unwavering confidence they show in the rounds of interviews they are doing these days, despite pressure, is to me a clearer sign than anything that they are on the right track with this.
Last edited by intrepidx on Jan 29, 2024, 6:35:44 AM
The feeling of mana as a resource is getting emphasized quite a bit in POE2

Will we have Mind Over Matter or is the keystone something that doesn't work with the direction the game ?

What about Archmage ?

Ward ?
"
auspexa wrote:
It's not only about the league mechanics, items, and even gems are also bloated, which causes a handful of build archetypes to dominate the meta every single league. This is impossible to get rid of without a massive overhaul to unique items, support gems and the passive tree.

Dude, there's 700 equipment base types in Path of Exile 2. 1500+ passive skill points tree, 240 active gems and 200 support gems. www.pathofexile2.com check it out. The game can always be better but it's in a decent state right now. I hope Last Epoch does it for you tho.
"
Lemurcheto wrote:
"
auspexa wrote:

Dude, there's 700 equipment base types in Path of Exile 2. 1500+ passive skill points tree, 240 active gems and 200 support gems. www.pathofexile2.com check it out. The game can always be better but it's in a decent state right now. I hope Last Epoch does it for you tho.

Well, if Path of Exile 2 will also be a bloated mess, why would anyone play it over the game we have right now? It's supposed to target a different audience, and if it doesn't, the whole thing is going to be pointless.
"
auspexa wrote:
Well, if Path of Exile 2 will also be a bloated mess, why would anyone play it over the game we have right now? It's supposed to target a different audience, and if it doesn't, the whole thing is going to be pointless.

Maybe broaden up but not different audience. I didn't say PoE 1 or 2 are a bloated mess, I view it as choice. It's better to have it than not, as we've seen with other games recently. I'm a TS zoom enjoyer myself, but I can admit that the power creep that we have right now is getting out of hand even in mid-game and would like for PoE 2 to tone it down a bit, but not ruthless levels. Of course, there's performance issues and outdated graphics that I would like for PoE 2 to improve since it's getting a fresh start.
A lot of youtubers are watching the trailer, sitting there saying how they will wait for PoE 2 because 1 is too complex, while the trailer is showing 1500+ passive skills(If i'm not mistaken it's more than what we have right now) 240 active/200 support gems and what not. Can't wait for the wake up call when the beta comes around.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info