New and Changed Gems in Path of Exile: Trial of the Ancestors

Wait so volatility requires luck for it to not be a heavy nerf to anything outside of lightning damage?
I'm struggling to come up with new goals to keep me playing this game.
Will the duration of wakened fury be affected by modifiers to skill effect duration?

lets say I summon a skeleton with a base duration of 20 seconds. If I have 100% increased skill effect duration, the skeleton duration is 40 seconds, so Wakened fury lasts 4 seconds base duration. Will it scale to 8 seconds with my skill effect duration, or stay at 4 seconds?
Hard snore.
Changes? what changes? where?
YUMMMM
Eh, more nope.

Corrupting Cry Support
======================
Supported Skills have 10% Increased Area of Effect
Supported Skills cost Life instead of Mana
Supported Skills have 20% Less Area of Effect

Why not just say "Supported skills have 10% less Area of effect" on one line. Why confobulate it over two lines to get to a resulting % effect?

Am I being daft?

So,

Volatility and an exclusively lightning based Elemental hit using the "12-link" setup with the Squire, would see a pretty heavy damage increase. You would need to use 2 combat focus gems to make it only utilise the lightning component.

As soon as you start scaling your damage off the weapon's damage - lightning strike for example - you're in the shit. Needs to take advantage of lightning damage's negligible minimum damage for it to be worth it. Otherwise, it's exclusively a heavy nerf which also takes a gem slot.

Maybe combine this with The Original Sin and yeah.

"
GeoffC wrote:
Eh, more nope.

Corrupting Cry Support
======================
Supported Skills have 10% Increased Area of Effect
Supported Skills cost Life instead of Mana
Supported Skills have 20% Less Area of Effect

Why not just say "Supported skills have 10% less Area of effect" on one line. Why confobulate it over two lines to get to a resulting % effect?

Am I being daft?

You're indirectly being daft by confusing less with reduced. 10% increase could actually have no noticeable effect on a build's AOE but EVERYONE will notice a 20% LESS modifier.
So basically they added gems to support EQ Ignite Chieftain so ascendancy it got some pourpose?

And SRS/animated weapon got boosted?

If Guardian Minion its unkillable then i can see some use of Link skills?

Also i can see the Guardian Blessing being a Boost to Golem Bomber buids.

im not that hyped srly... only thing im doubting is if to start Boneshatter jugg or Toxic Rain raider or Esnaring arrow Bleed gladiator.

PS: i can see some RF Chaos build with Original sin.
Last edited by janusbloodays on Aug 15, 2023, 6:47:53 PM
Just checking my supports on the right underneath my name

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info