We won't be able to play our PoE 1 Standard characters on PoE 2?

I get we are a minority but so much time went into making builds with legacy gear and not having to worry about rerolling a character and dealing with the trading system again.

Can't there be some compromise so we can still play our PoE 1 characters we worked on for PoE 2?

They said explicitly in Exilecon 1 that we could play our PoE 1 characters on PoE 2. I thought they would keep their word. :/

Edit:
Maybe it makes sense on second thought if the pacing of PoE 2 is completely different and not as fast but it feels odd not being able to experience PoE 2 with previous characters we've made.
🔷🔶🔰🌀✨Standard>Leagues✨🌀🔰🔶🔷
🔷🔶🔰🌀✨Make trade like the Grand Exchange from RuneScape✨🌀🔰🔶🔷

Let us zoom out more. Bring back 32:9, Heist Alt Quality Gems, Gear Enchanting, Prophecy, Metamorph & Crucible. Stop removing content from the game. Stop nerfing everything. Stop making the game slow
Last edited by MLGonthorian on Jul 28, 2023, 7:50:16 PM
Last bumped on Jul 30, 2023, 5:12:16 AM
did they even say that? some people are panicking too soon
"
Lyutsifer665 wrote:
did they even say that? some people are panicking too soon

Isn't it implied? If they're two separate games. How would you play your PoE 1 character in PoE 2?

Let us zoom out more. Bring back 32:9, Heist Alt Quality Gems, Gear Enchanting, Prophecy, Metamorph & Crucible. Stop removing content from the game. Stop nerfing everything. Stop making the game slow
Gotta say it's pretty implied. They only mentioned mtx and stash tabs going between the two. Nothing about items or characters, which makes sense imo.
"
MLGonthorian wrote:
I get we are a minority but so much time went into making builds with legacy gear and not having to worry about rerolling a character and dealing with the trading system again.

Can't there be some compromise so we can still play our PoE 1 characters we worked on for PoE 2?

They said explicitly in Exilecon 1 that we could play our PoE 1 characters on PoE 2. I thought they would keep their word. :/

I get that the pandemic didn't affect a lot of people here that much but please do not forget that it essentially shut smaller businesses down for a good year or so. At the very least it threw a lot of plans way out of whack. It would be utterly unfair to hold GGG to claims made before the world went to shit for a while. Exilecon19 should be treated as nothing more than an initial proposal for something that was always going to be fluid and flexible.

Those of us who scoffed the idea of PoE 2 being an extension of an already bloated, outdated PoE 1 questioned constantly how they would do it. It was a logistical nightmare even before 2020 ground shit to a halt. Now we have our 2023 answer, and really it's the only one that makes any sort of sense.

Every change to the game, to how GGG evolve it, has had collateral damage. Patches that enable builds and playstyles always destroy builds and playstyles. This is just that, only on a much grander scale.

It is worth it for a proper new game. The moaning and groaning of the old guard, who have already given GGG so much money, may well be as nothing compared to how much chaching an entirely new game is going to bring from new players who always wanted to try PoE but rightfully found it too complicated and dense.

So while I sympathise -- I hate how many of my builds were obliterated by updates because they used mechanics others were exploiting -- I think this is 100% the best move for GGG and PoE.

If anything, I think it's close to their only move and has been for months if not years.
https://linktr.ee/wjameschan -- everything I've ever done worth talking about, and even that is debatable.
"
"
MLGonthorian wrote:

I get that the pandemic didn't affect a lot of people here that much but please do not forget that it essentially shut smaller businesses down for a good year or so. At the very least it threw a lot of plans way out of whack. It would be utterly unfair to hold GGG to claims made before the world went to shit for a while. Exilecon19 should be treated as nothing more than an initial proposal for something that was always going to be fluid and flexible.

Those of us who scoffed the idea of PoE 2 being an extension of an already bloated, outdated PoE 1 questioned constantly how they would do it. It was a logistical nightmare even before 2020 ground shit to a halt. Now we have our 2023 answer, and really it's the only one that makes any sort of sense.

Every change to the game, to how GGG evolve it, has had collateral damage. Patches that enable builds and playstyles always destroy builds and playstyles. This is just that, only on a much grander scale.

It is worth it for a proper new game. The moaning and groaning of the old guard, who have already given GGG so much money, may well be as nothing compared to how much chaching an entirely new game is going to bring from new players who always wanted to try PoE but rightfully found it too complicated and dense.

So while I sympathise -- I hate how many of my builds were obliterated by updates because they used mechanics others were exploiting -- I think this is 100% the best move for GGG and PoE.

If anything, I think it's close to their only move and has been for months if not years.

Sorry, but I completely disagree. Especially given they said they would not do this. What happened to keeping someone's word these days? Where is the honor?

I don't understand why you would possibly want this.

You are limiting your own choice by not having the ability to play past characters you made in PoE 1. In what universe is having less choice like this more optimal or efficient?

I get it would take more work for them to accomplish this but this just seems like a cop-out.

Guess you just slept through the whole streamer priority debacle. GGG can and will break their word for the right price.

As for copout...uh, thats what you call making a mere expansion and slapping a 2 on it.

Anyway you have your stance and I have mine. Yours seems pretty much limited to personal needs/wants whereas I try to look at whats realistic and doable with absolutely zero shits given beyond that. Unlike the people at GGG my life will not be affected at all by whatever Path of Exile 2 is or is not. Too many games out there as is.

I feel bad for those of you who still don't realise how desperately GGG need new players and I feel bad that you will be left behind if you don't embrace the future...but eh it happens to us all. Adapt or die as they say.

Im out. I hope PoE 2 is worth it for you. Not like I can imagine Exiles playing anything else whatever their personal grievances.

https://linktr.ee/wjameschan -- everything I've ever done worth talking about, and even that is debatable.
They're going to keep making PoE leagues for some time (probably until it becomes unprofitable) so you can still play all your characters there. They decided to go in the true-sequel new game direction and overall for the health of gameplay its probably the best. Separate team with a different vision + imo PoE2 will benefit greatly from a 'fresh start' on the design side - no past league content or busted legacy items to balance every ounce of new content around.
"
Yours seems pretty much limited to personal needs/wants

Yeah, you're right. I guess everyone else who plays Standard and wants to continue playing their Standard characters in PoE 2 are just asking for something unreasonable. Then when PoE 1 does not have support for it anymore, we can look forward to not having our legacy characters. Makes sense.

The massive changes in gearing and skills in PoE 2 make it impossible to use poe 1 toons in peo 2.

Just cannot happen.

Hate it, or love it...It just cannot happen.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info