Latest patch killed my CPU

hello

i can confirm cpu-load going to 80%+, but i don't know if that was less before beause i never paid attention to it

i didnt test rogue thief place but uh zone switching cpu-loads. tested with and without triple-buffer and uhh on dx11, same result

switching to vulkan also cpu-loaded temporarily, so i switched back

on starting screen i also get pop-up of localalloc not found in the d3dcompiler_47.dll, then d3dcompiler_47_ggg.dll, then d3dcompiler_47.dll, then d3dcompiler_47_ggg.dll, but since the game does not crash it runs fine from there on, except for high cpu-load on zone switch

since somebody mentioned back framebuffer or something, i'm guessing, that the cpu is doing some of the gpu's work on systems, where the gpu libraries are missing
"
pokpok wrote:
Even though it says in the patch notes that they off loaded some calcs to the GPU, my CPU is struggling.
This happens whenever there are other players on my screen.
Please don't tell me you read Blizzard's latest tweet about stash tabs and decided to add their implementation to PoE!
Here are 2 screenshots in the rogue harbour, when I move to the side, all is well and running as normal. But the moment I move to the cenrtal area with other players, my CPU starts burning and there are graphics artifacts on screen, lots of tearing and flashing, FPS stops to from 60 to 3!

Can I opt OUT of such "optimizations"?

Normal:

"Optimized":

YEP, they borked something on this last 6GB patch, i play on Steam, and the game is unplayable since the patch launched! We need to wait for a quick fix or some response from ggg about what they borked with this patch!

And this is not the only thing that going to happen, for me, the crucible altars give you huge graphical glitches like disco dance lol, and the ritual puts my fps to the ground for no reason after the last patch.
Soul of a Dragon, reincarnation of a Dragon in a human shell.

Always a Dragon in mind and soul.

Dragons Forever.
Last edited by Dragony100 on Jul 24, 2023, 4:37:38 PM
Just gotta hope it gets fixed before next league...

If this is an issue that persists until the PoE 2 engine hits live... that's going to be an issue.

At this point, I don't know.
"
hmcg020 wrote:
Running a 7800X3d with a 4090, 32gb 6000mHz Ram and on a decent SSD, this game now runs like shit! Unbelievable amount of artifacts, frame drops and now both my CPU and GPU are under heavier load with increased temperatures. Thank Christ I invested in excessive cooling. Something this catastrophic can actually damage hardware you know, GGG!

For a company owned by a billion dollar Chinese spyware giant, they sure do cheap out when it comes to making the gamers doing their testing for them. Pretty cunning; "we'll make them do the testing for us, then if there's any major issues, it will destroy their hardware first".

seems like an issue with nvidia cards so a new driver may be needed
Best of luck getting a new CPU, think you can get a i5-13400 or a 7800x3d or even a 5600x3d for decent prices before next league in a month.

Spoiler
/s
Second-class poe gamer
Same thing happened to me. Such a bummer.
"
pr13st wrote:
Best of luck getting a new CPU, think you can get a i5-13400 or a 7800x3d or even a 5600x3d for decent prices before next league in a month.

Spoiler
/s

last time I build a PC it was few years, but from what I remember its not 2002 where you just pop another CPU in place of an old one... you gotta get a new board, which often needs diff ram.... so you might as well upgrade everything
"
kevin51287 wrote:

If this is an issue that persists until the PoE 2 engine hits live... that's going to be an issue.

plot twist: this could be part of the poe2 engine :-)
"
dachoppa wrote:
"
kevin51287 wrote:

plot twist: this could be part of the poe2 engine :-)

ding ding ding
Same situation here. can't play anymore.
just loged in a bit today to donate currency to friends

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info