Latest patch killed my CPU

Even though it says in the patch notes that they off loaded some calcs to the GPU, my CPU is struggling.
This happens whenever there are other players on my screen.
Please don't tell me you read Blizzard's latest tweet about stash tabs and decided to add their implementation to PoE!
Here are 2 screenshots in the rogue harbour, when I move to the side, all is well and running as normal. But the moment I move to the cenrtal area with other players, my CPU starts burning and there are graphics artifacts on screen, lots of tearing and flashing, FPS stops to from 60 to 3!

Can I opt OUT of such "optimizations"?

Normal:

"Optimized":
Last bumped on Jul 30, 2023, 6:18:01 AM
I believe you want to enable triple buffering

what are your system specs?
I've lost control of the controls...
Jesus take the wheel"
RAizQT during Kammel HC race
Last edited by Ain_Soph_Aur on Jul 24, 2023, 1:16:02 PM
You can "believe" what you want.
I tried all options, buffering/culling/vsync/multithreding and none of them make any difference.

The problem is not on my end, the game runs normally if there are no other players on the screen. So it can't be suddenly "my specs" or "my drivers".
owo
"You're my Sword's canvas."
~Totes Adorbs.
Last edited by Totes_Adorbs on Jul 24, 2023, 1:34:12 PM
pokpok is 100% correct. Its the PATCH ...not the system thats running it. Some people w/ high end machines / operating systems seem to be ok. However the majority of us w/ lower end machines are screwed.
POE was great as anyone used to be able to play it regardless if it was a low or high end machine....to make it just for high end configs would be immensely stupid on their part.

Still no word from them on the issue if they are aware of it or even trying to fix it. If this goes on for too long i wonder if some wont even bother to come back after the new game is released.
New patch is called BUFU

Necropolis league G.O.A.T
"
Ain_Soph_Aur wrote:
I believe you want to enable triple buffering

what are your system specs?

It's not works
Probably people shouldnt log in if they are concerned with their hardware.

DO NOT ALPHA TEST when they do "engine updates" they wont replace anything if your pc breaks.

wait and keep checking the forums.
"Parade your victories, hide your defeats. Mortals are so insecure."

Once you break the cycle of fear no angels or demons can whisper you their sweet nothing words.

Retired since crucible.(Not a free tester anymore for a multi billion dollar company).
"
Xystre wrote:
Probably people shouldnt log in if they are concerned with their hardware.

DO NOT ALPHA TEST when they do "engine updates" they wont replace anything if your pc breaks.

wait and keep checking the forums.

yeah i havent downloaded it yet. i will wait until its fixed. i'm done with the league anyway so its no rush to log in
Running a 7800X3d with a 4090, 32gb 6000mHz Ram and on a decent SSD, this game now runs like shit! Unbelievable amount of artifacts, frame drops and now both my CPU and GPU are under heavier load with increased temperatures. Thank Christ I invested in excessive cooling. Something this catastrophic can actually damage hardware you know, GGG!

For a company owned by a billion dollar Chinese spyware giant, they sure do cheap out when it comes to making the gamers doing their testing for them. Pretty cunning; "we'll make them do the testing for us, then if there's any major issues, it will destroy their hardware first".

I'm struggling to come up with new goals to keep me playing this game.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info