The Campaign was honestly fine the first ~50 times.

we will see after poe2
Necropolis master craft service Necropolis My IGN TreeOfDead
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2037371 Vouch
Necropolis veiled crafting all service all crafts mods
Necropolis SC master craft service Necropolis SC craft mod!
Veiled crafting Service Necropolis craft PM: TreeOfDead
It isn't just the campaign though. Like I understand a lot of people are absolutely floored to overlook the season rebirth option not being in the game.

Its also about any player comfort or convenience feature being monetized. Like I could actually respect it if they just copped to not knowing how to monetize it (it'd be part of the supporter packs) and don't want to work on it until they figure out how to monetize it. I can respect that a development team of 300+ people is a hungry beast and would want to monetize it. But they aren't doing that, they're saying they don't "feel" like its right or something.

Like I said, the campaign was pretty good the first 50 times. Very few games have had the longevity to have people revist it so many times over the years and play through it so many times. It just managed to run headlong into the sort of fatigue that you can only get from playing the same thing 50 times. Meta be damned, going from 1-50 is basically the same EVERY time. The issue is that sort of fatigue makes you more liable to experience that type of fatigue, similar a repetitive stress injury. So even if they do absolutely slay with the new campaign it'll only be good for 20-40 times.

I can't even pay attention to anything that the larger streamers have to say on the topic because people are, and this isn't an exaggeration to say, quite literally giving them money to do it. Of course I would have a different attitude about it if I was getting paid. That might be some considerable multiplier to their ability to resist that fatigue. Other people will have a much lower capacitance though.
IGN : Reamus
It starts at the beach and "ends" at the pinnacle bosses or ubers.
Some people don't like parts of the campaign, some don't like the whole campaign, some wanna skip labs, some want to skip skill point quests, skip low level delve, skip heist missions, skip atlas progression, skip leveling until some point, skip, skip, skip.

Imho, If you design your game with the goal to let players skip your game, the design is flawed in the first place.
cant stand the campaign. its such a chore for me. remember when you were a kid and you had to do the dishes or clean your room before you could play a game? campaign is the dishes and room clean and maps are the real game.

i would start so many more builds if i didnt have to do the campaign
"
R3b00t wrote:
It starts at the beach and "ends" at the pinnacle bosses or ubers.
Some people don't like parts of the campaign, some don't like the whole campaign, some wanna skip labs, some want to skip skill point quests, skip low level delve, skip heist missions, skip atlas progression, skip leveling until some point, skip, skip, skip.

Imho, If you design your game with the goal to let players skip your game, the design is flawed in the first place.

Except they do have the design already, and already programmed it multiple different ways.

Also that isn't even the entirety of whats being discussed here. Y'all want to just ignore the part of the request for other basic convenience features. The amount of times poeple post on the forum and they aren't even in the topic they think they are because they couldn't be bothered to skim some text is too dang high.
"
Lyutsifer665 wrote:
cant stand the campaign. its such a chore for me. remember when you were a kid and you had to do the dishes or clean your room before you could play a game? campaign is the dishes and room clean and maps are the real game.

i would start so many more builds if i didnt have to do the campaign

Campaign is the main game. Maps are filler, aspirational content.
Heart of Purity

Awarded 'Silverblade' to Talent Competition Winner 2020.
POE turned into a ratrace for the most div/hour.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NDFO4E5OKSE
Go play something that suites you more then, you aren't chained here. People like you spend so much time trying to bend the entire world around them to please them and end up unhappy more than most. Go. Away.
The campaign is what prevents me from actually playing during the duration of an entire league and throw currency at wonky builds.

The campaign is what have killed my desire to play a good number of leagues in the past.

The campaign is what have deterred a lot of my friends to play the game, they found the game really boring early game and when I told them it was going to be several hours of this after they get to the fun part they just kinda left the game and played something else.

Yes, 4-8 hours of leveling for every character is a chore and a pain. The fact that the endgame is really good is what makes most people actually do it, except for some weirdos that actually enjoy doing the SAME acts over and over again for 10+ years and 100 characters.

I would level in endless delve any day of the week over this.
But it isn't just the time. Having to delete characters or buy characters slots to even roll a character in a league chafes.

Then you have to go through the campaign, which even the speediest speed runners take several hours to get through and has stopped being fun during one of the dozen times you've ran through it. If the league mechanic is even bordering fun I can at least get some fun that way by running from one iteration of the league mechanic to another, yet somehow they ALWAYS launch overtuned and overtuned in the exact same way every time. How they haven't added some basic notes on how to check that to their QA passes by now is so far beyond me that it may as well be in a different solar system.

You arent supposed to make as many builds as you want. You are supposed to feel the friction and quit early so you still have something to draw you back in next league. Its calculated design.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info