Hotbar too small

"
Uthenera wrote:
there needs to be an opportunity to add multiple hotbars to the screen.

This isn't a MMO, its an ARPG.

Worth mentioning Chris said they would be looking into "unlocking" or enabling a secondary set of skills on the bar if you use alt or another selected key, those would of course be for much lessor used skills you still wanted access to.
https://youtu.be/T9kygXtkh10?t=285

FeelsBadMan

Remove MF from POE, make juiced map the new MF.
"
goetzjam wrote:
"
Uthenera wrote:

So what? we got 1000+ skills and only 8 slots, Arpg or Brpg... thats too little for such a large skill selection.
We should have space enough for at least half the amount of sockets in the gear we use, that would be around 15 hotbar slots.
Last edited by Uthenera on May 22, 2015, 8:35:47 AM
"
Uthenera wrote:
"
goetzjam wrote:
"
Uthenera wrote:

So what? we got 1000+ skills and only 8 slots, Arpg or Brpg... thats too little for such a large skill selection.
We should have space enough for at least half the amount of sockets in the gear we use, that would be around 15 hotbar slots.

With very few exceptions people rarely need access to over the given amount of hotbar skills, this is mainly because of the support gem system is designed to have typically 6 fully supported gem setup, of course some exceptions to that rule, especially with the added unset ring base or multiple curse builds.

You did leave off the most important part of my post, which was Chris said they were looking into adding a button to have another set of skills available, those of course would be for lessor used skills, but still would be "easily" accessible to hit.

FeelsBadMan

Do you want to use more skills? Use a second weapon set.
"
migueeel wrote:
Do you want to use more skills? Use a second weapon set.

That isn't the solution he is looking for, it can help slightly but isn't at all what we need.

FeelsBadMan

Well IDK what do you want more skills for. My sets usually are:

Mouse 1: Single target, high dps
Mouse 2: Aoe/pack cleaner
Mouse 3 (wheel): Curse/mobility(leap slam, shield charge)/mirror arrow
Q: Some other skill
W: Frenzy
E: Utility
R: Utilty or Vaal
T: Aura or Vaal

To keep the game fresh I would have a second set of bow & arrows. But after making 8 chars I can't keep track of my own armor so I've stopped doing that lol.

Utility is stuff like smoke mine, bear trap, totems... Vaals are usually for bosses, and if T isn't used I just keep the aura there.

Would I use more skills? NO!
If I did, I would panic sometimes and end up doing a weird dance while getting killed!

So yeah, if you want to use a lot of skills, make multiple chars. Each skill has a playstyle, and you can't just run around combining all of them in a nonsensical manner (high dmg with high attack speed but low dmg, for example).
Saying over and over that you don't need more space is inane, stupid and unnecessary. The topic wouldn't be here if somebody didn't.

For a summoner:

1) Move
2) Summon Zombie
3) Summon Raging Spirit
4) Summon Skeleton (hope you use a totem!)
5) Raise Specter
6) Convocation
7) Flesh Offering
8) Bone Offering
9) Desecrate
10) Discipline
11) Clarity
12) Another aura with Generosity
13) See 12
14) See 12
15) Lightning Warp

So even a doubling of the space used isn't really of any real help in this situation.

Apart from 1-5, every other skill above is a single slot utility/buff, so the "not enough space for support gems" isn't valid either.
Keyboard is already too crowded.
So it's just not technically feasible.
I already run ASDF spacebar as flasks.
Beyond that, I'm just out of useable keys to bind, since they're for various ancillary functions like triggering mines or menus. TAB for map. "Z" for item toggle.

Lastly, the most number of bread-and-butter skills you can have are 1 or 2, owing to the fact that this is the limit of total 5L's you can have. So just listing all the potential skills you could run is silly, as just slotting them just because is not going to be optimal anyway.

Let's take that summoner example again with a 2h.
You have your staff and your chest. So those are your bread-and-butter summons. Oh let's say. Zombies and SRS.

Now we have a 4L for auras. Another 4L for skellie totems. Another 4L for Offering skills, a curse and increased duration. So gloves, helmet and boots are full now too.

Okay how was it you were going to slot all those other skills you listed?
At some point you're going to have to prioritize what you're doing.
Last edited by DeviantLightning on May 22, 2015, 10:52:21 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info