Hotbar too small

The hot bar should be at least twice the size it is now. Right now I am only level 17 and already have it filled and a few skills I can't fit on it.
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
bump :P
Looking at the time this was posted i'm shocked the hotbar is still unchanged, it's tiny and needs to grow up.. i mean, it's been years right :P
Last edited by Uthenera on May 21, 2015, 7:12:44 AM
"
Uthenera wrote:
bump :P
Looking at the time this was posted i'm shocked the hotbar is still unchanged, it's tiny and needs to grow up.. i mean, it's been years right :P

The game is designed so you only use 1-2 active skills for the entire playthrough, i.e., you literally use whichever skill is best for your build and nothing else. The rest of those icons are either buffs or totems. Game penalizes you for using a ton of skills as you do in MMORPGs, because you're forced into a very very specific build for endgame as "general builds" simply don't survive, and of course you have to level all those skills, find the right sockets, spend lots of $$$ +20 them if you want, and only a few skills work with each build to start with. It's boring yes, but at least GGG gives players 25 slots so that's... 25 skills you can try out in this game lol. Look at all the build guides, they're even named after a single skill lol, eg "arc build" or "fireball build" or "leap slam build", it literally means that's the only skill you're ever gonna use.
Last edited by melodia1 on May 21, 2015, 2:18:06 PM
Don't mind @melodia1 he seems to be upset and confused at the same time about PoE's skill gems and support gem system.

The person is asking for more slots BECAUSE HE WANTS TO USE MORE THEN 1-2 SKILLS. Imagine that, your idea that people only spam 1-2 skills and thats it is completely crap. Many characters have movement skills, curses, totems, buffs, ect that they cast, the only part of your points is that people mainly do use 1 skill to dps, that is a symptom of the support gem system, much improvements are being made to this in 2.0, so I urge you to wait before spreading more negative feedback.

Tons of skills like MMORPG, hate to break it to you, this isn't that. If you want to play an MMORPG there are plenty out there, this is an Online ARPG game, which is a huge difference in terms of actual gameplay.
https://youtu.be/T9kygXtkh10?t=285

FeelsBadMan

Remove MF from POE, make juiced map the new MF.
I also need more.

1: simple move command
2: Flame Surge for high fire damage against a single burning target
3: Flammability
4: Elemental Weakness
5: Fireball for mass enemies + igniting for Flame Surge (using it with Elemental Proliferation)
6: sometimes Vaal Discipline, sometimes Enduring Cry
7: Raise Meat Shield Zombies
8: Raise Meat Shield with damage potential Spectres

I would need 2 more for auras (too lazy to switch), 1 for Desecrated Ground, another one for Enduring Cry. Actually I have even more but that's the mainly used.
I miss the opportunity to add portal scrolls to the hot bar. Since the new menu buttons came out, its more clicking now to enter inventory and its a bit frustrating going into inventory every time you need a portal (especially in tight situations when you need one quickly).
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" - Edmund Burke
Opportunity cost.

I say GGG has yet to really utilize it (wrt opportunity cost <--> hotbar).

Spoiler
if this is a 1 skill spam game, then why the problem? If anything, then, we have too many buttons.
Devolving Wilds
Land
“T, Sacrifice Devolving Wilds: Search your library for a basic land card and reveal it. Then shuffle your library.”
It's just weird isn't it, we got tons of skills and a tiny tiny little hotbar...
It really needs to get bigger, and there needs to be an opportunity to add multiple hotbars to the screen.
So how many of those "ton of" skills do you actually use?
Devolving Wilds
Land
“T, Sacrifice Devolving Wilds: Search your library for a basic land card and reveal it. Then shuffle your library.”
While I'm in the "I use plenty of skills" group (I usually have 3-5 skills,+ a aura which is out of the hotbar, and some situationals: bear trap, smoke mine), I disagree with this.
If you later on want to power up your skills wiht support gems, you'll find out that you barely can buff them. You shuold try using Curse on Hit for the curses, or just remove the walk command ._.

Maybe a button so we press it and it's the walk command? :O

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info