[3.23] Lk's Cold DoT Ele [League-start to over 40m DoT] (Wildwood Primalist Update)

"
SonsOfKorhal wrote:
"
Yan_n wrote:
Hey everyone, I can't believe I totally forgot to enchant my DD! Anyways...

I'm not really doing bosses, focusing mainly on deli maps, is it still worth it to get the curse enchants? I rarely use them tbh, maybe I should use them more, specially because I'm using arcanist brand. Or for mapping it would be better to get the vortex enchants??

Thanks in advance!

so, i would suggest getting used to casting arcanist brand on rares/uniques that are tankier - like bosses or essence mobs, and if you're doing simulacrums, even more so, because the area is smaller, and there is a lot of value in casting curses (AOE) in a small map.

for mapping, i would still say curse effectiveness gives the greatest utility.

vortex/creeping frost enchants, such as AOE/duration/spreading speed/cooldown reduction are quite trivial as when we scale with gem levels, and with our passive tree, or with our movement and clear speed/dps, we dont quite feel the effects of this.

vortex/creeping frost dmg is also not ideal as it only affects 1 out of 2 or 3 active CDOT skills we use.

we already have good damage for normal mapping, and thus would want the dps boost for tankier mobs, which is why curse effectiveness would be the most useful.

even without an enchant, the build feels sufficient. so even that is not a requirement. you may even consider corrupted implicits such as 80/90% mana reservation, or even + levels to aura gems etc, if you feel the aura boost is more desirable compared to enchants. (i dont recall finding a 80% mana reservation + curse effect helm on market yet, and i think the closest was a 90% reservation + curse which was 40-50d).

Hey, yea I'm not really running Simulacrum, I'm mostly doing 80% deli crimson temples. I actually think the damage is already enough, even on tanky rares. When everything is set up (vortex, creeping frost, cold snap, hatred and the curses) they already melt really fast. But hey, more damage is always good!

Thanks, I'll go for the curses then.
"
Yan_n wrote:

Hey, yea I'm not really running Simulacrum, I'm mostly doing 80% deli crimson temples. I actually think the damage is already enough, even on tanky rares. When everything is set up (vortex, creeping frost, cold snap, hatred and the curses) they already melt really fast. But hey, more damage is always good!

yeah, i will say the goal is for VCS to carry your mapping dps 40% of the time, allowing you to just simply run through the map faster. if getting the curse helm enchant boosts your dps, and you'd like to switch passives/gear options to get QOL instead, that is also an option for us. many ways to build (happens that for helm enchant, dps gives us the best utility, all else being minor).
"
SonsOfKorhal wrote:
"
Yan_n wrote:

yeah, i will say the goal is for VCS to carry your mapping dps 40% of the time, allowing you to just simply run through the map faster. if getting the curse helm enchant boosts your dps, and you'd like to switch passives/gear options to get QOL instead, that is also an option for us. many ways to build (happens that for helm enchant, dps gives us the best utility, all else being minor).
'

I agree, at this point I'm not even skipping the no soul gain prevention sextant anymore if I get it because of how nice it feels. VCS is really strong. Goes from 40% to 100% uptime!
"
Yan_n wrote:
"
SonsOfKorhal wrote:
"
Yan_n wrote:

'

I agree, at this point I'm not even skipping the no soul gain prevention sextant anymore if I get it because of how nice it feels. VCS is really strong. Goes from 40% to 100% uptime!

i've actually tried to experiment with the triumvirate ring with tailwind/elusive/soul gain time reduction/regain souls and it felt really good (placing vaal RF inside), it's something you can consider if your ring/resistance set up allows for that.

also, just try swapping mark of the shaper with the death rush ring.
Last edited by SonsOfKorhal on May 22, 2023, 10:15:47 PM
"
OK I have made a lot of changes per your suggestions. Next up is getting quality on my gems. I'll need farm some more currency for my body armor. Any other suggestions? Got about 1 div left. https://pobb.in/Kx10jLUFa3Uo

Also thanks for everyone offering items. Problem is, looks like we are in different time zones. I'll keep trying.

1. socket and run defiance banner
2. unallocate arcane sanctuary wheel
3. unallocate entropy
4. unallocate cold mastery
5. unallocate coldhearted calculation
6. spend 1sp, take +50 max life using the life mastery
7. spend 1sp, take 15% increased max life using the life mastery
8. spend 1sp, take light of divinity
9. any other SP, just take life passives (if you have 4sp, take the melding wheel)
10. remove the watcher's eye jewel with the haste/zealotry effect. it does nothing for us. you may replace this socket with a jewel with % life and some DOT multi/spell damage (basically dps lines).

all these should give you better EHP, settle these first, before looking for more gear. the changed passives, with your current item/gem links, should be more than sufficient to feel powerful with the build. if you have difficulty casting the 2 curses, consider using arcanist brand linked to them to cast the curses for you.
Last edited by SonsOfKorhal on May 22, 2023, 10:34:51 PM
"
i've actually tried to experiment with the triumvirate ring with tailwind/elusive/soul gain time reduction/regain souls and it felt really good (placing vaal RF inside), it's something you can consider if your ring/resistance set up allows for that.

Whoa!! It does feel really nice. If only I knew about it before buying my elder ring :P It's still a solid ring nonetheless, so I'm not too bothered by it.

But I really like this! I'll have to decide if I'll keep this zoom or the mark of the shaper, I wonder which one nets more damage? If its this new ring then it's a no brainer. I'll have to PoB it later.

Thanks for the advice SoK!

Edit: Also, got a divine beauty on the first 30 seconds of the test run map for the ring, maybe its a good fortune sign I should keep it? hmm...
Last edited by Yan_n on May 22, 2023, 11:17:58 PM
Having so much with this build. Thank You

current state of my build. https://pobb.in/om-cS86svYGx

"
Yan_n wrote:
"

Whoa!! It does feel really nice. If only I knew about it before buying my elder ring :P It's still a solid ring nonetheless, so I'm not too bothered by it.

But I really like this! I'll have to decide if I'll keep this zoom or the mark of the shaper, I wonder which one nets more damage? If its this new ring then it's a no brainer. I'll have to PoB it later.

Thanks for the advice SoK!

Edit: Also, got a divine beauty on the first 30 seconds of the test run map for the ring, maybe its a good fortune sign I should keep it? hmm...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4gVClbxzI8&ab_channel=LkGG

watch this made by the guide creator. i'm the character in the vid. death rush is same dps, because of the adrenaline buff. you only lose the % max life, but get a lot more zoom, recovery, atk speed etc.

welcome no problem. FYI, current i'm running at 103.6m dot dps against guardian/pinnacle boss, just the VCS enough to kill everything.

i update my progress here:

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3362183/page/1#p24931284
"
illusiiOnz wrote:
Having so much with this build. Thank You

current state of my build. https://pobb.in/om-cS86svYGx

very solid, some suggestions you can try experimenting:

replace mark of shaper with death rush
unallocate entropy (inefficient 2sp)
allocate 1 sp to +50 max life
the other sp can be allocated to the 16% cold dmg above frost walker
test out the frigid wake jewels (chill/freeze immunity is nice, and good dps boost with defensive freezing against enemies), it will also free up your pantheon choices
experiment with replacing flame dash with frostblink. i assume shield charge is the main mode of movement, frostblink is there just for the instant cast and blink from point to point, or just to get out of shit
replace legacy of fury boots + a utility flask with oriath end flask + rare boots (can see mine for an idea of what we look for).

overall am glad you are enjoying it! considering you went the SOTL route, it's amazing how you squeezed the dps. that is some sick gear ;)
Last edited by SonsOfKorhal on May 23, 2023, 1:34:06 AM
Thank You , will make those changes. For some reason I couldn't find the frigid wake jewels on trade the other day. I will look again.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info