[3.25] CheapBunny's Artillery Ballista Deadeye | Wilma's Requital | Added MageBlood Version

"
Cheezo4 wrote:
Hey, i just started playing as Toxic rain + HoA build (I played on this build many leagues ago).
Now I want to play it, earn some currency and switch to a ballista build. Can you tell me what I need (level and items) to comfortably switch to ballistas?
Thanks.

Checkout leveling and gear section for early gear suggestion.
Deleted
Last edited by Cheezo4 on Aug 4, 2024, 11:03:59 AM
I finally switched to the build, and overall I'm happy. Sometimes there are problems with mana (I try to spam ballistas less), and on some strong unique monsters there are not enough HP flasks (since they do not replenish if I do not kill anyone).
Otherwise I'm happy, the gameplay is much more convenient than my last build.

Am I right in understanding that I use frenzy to get as many power charges as possible, and then I just put ballistas, sometimes using elemental wickness?
Maybe we can use manaforged arrows for frenzy?

Can you tell me what I should save up for next?
(I did not really understand the legion gems, so I bought a not very good one, but now I figured it out...)

https://poe.ninja/builds/settlers/character/Cheezo4/Cheezo
Last edited by Cheezo4 on Aug 6, 2024, 2:18:42 AM
"
Cheezo4 wrote:
I finally switched to the build, and overall I'm happy. Sometimes there are problems with mana (I try to spam ballistas less), and on some strong unique monsters there are not enough HP flasks (since they do not replenish if I do not kill anyone).
Otherwise I'm happy, the gameplay is much more convenient than my last build.

Am I right in understanding that I use frenzy to get as many power charges as possible, and then I just put ballistas, sometimes using elemental wickness?
Maybe we can use manaforged arrows for frenzy?

Can you tell me what I should save up for next?
(I did not really understand the legion gems, so I bought a not very good one, but now I figured it out...)

You should have 100% frenzy up time with frenzy skill and avidity ascendancy, no need to use manaforged support.

You should save up for the cluster jewel + The Interrogation jewel next, they are pretty important to the build. And also cap your resistance.
Last edited by cheapbunny on Aug 6, 2024, 6:24:40 AM
"
cheapbunny wrote:

You should have 100% frenzy up time with frenzy skill and avidity ascendancy, no need to use manaforged support.

You should save up for the cluster jewel + The Interrogation jewel next, they are pretty important to the build. And also cap your resistance.

So i need to use my Frenzy skill just to make sure i have maximum frenzy charge, right?
I have large cluster with Arcing shot + Calamitous and +4% cold / 3% light res, and also have interrogation too!
So i need take some passive skills use cluster, right?
(lvling not so easy right now)
"
Cheezo4 wrote:
"
cheapbunny wrote:

So i need to use my Frenzy skill just to make sure i have maximum frenzy charge, right?
I have large cluster with Arcing shot + Calamitous and +4% cold / 3% light res, and also have interrogation too!
So i need take some passive skills use cluster, right?
(lvling not so easy right now)

You can maintain max frenzy by just moving I believe.
Respec your other passives (ie. unused jewel sockets) to put into the cluster jewel passives first, as they are quite important.
"
cheapbunny wrote:

Respec your other passives (ie. unused jewel sockets) to put into the cluster jewel passives first, as they are quite important.

Yes, I support 6 stacks without problems. Do I understand correctly that even after 6 stacks you use frenzy to finish off enemies with a culling strike and apply debuffs?
Looks like now i need make good flask and buy forbidden jewels (it cost 45+ divine, lol).
Also i trying to make gloves with +1 frenzy (unsuccessfully).
So, my next steps is glove + jewels and flask? (and make 75% light resist, yeah).
"
Cheezo4 wrote:
"
cheapbunny wrote:

Yes, I support 6 stacks without problems. Do I understand correctly that even after 6 stacks you use frenzy to finish off enemies with a culling strike and apply debuffs?
Looks like now i need make good flask and buy forbidden jewels (it cost 45+ divine, lol).
Also i trying to make gloves with +1 frenzy (unsuccessfully).
So, my next steps is glove + jewels and flask? (and make 75% light resist, yeah).

Yes, use frenzy to cull and apply debuff as well.

The forbidden jewels was cheap in the league I played, I have added POB with non-forbidden jewels as it has become very hard to obtain, checkout the POB section.

I would suggest getting awakened cold damage support first. The forbidden jewels should be the very last thing you want to get considering how expensive they are now.
Last edited by cheapbunny on Aug 8, 2024, 9:52:35 AM
Ok, looks like now i have all good gear!
Btw, i check pob without jewels and i see you use cluster astonishing affliction and Eye of the storm, is it actual info?
Looks like after this i can try craft bow.
"
Cheezo4 wrote:
Ok, looks like now i have all good gear!
Btw, i check pob without jewels and i see you use cluster astonishing affliction and Eye of the storm, is it actual info?
Looks like after this i can try craft bow.

Yes, I use them to increase ailment effect in the absence of forbidden jewels.
Whisper of Doom amulet annoinment and better bow would be a good upgrade.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info