[3.25] Ice Dancing Queen - Icestorm/Cyclone/CI - Viable For Everything

"
Kelvynn wrote:
"
WinterHiko wrote:
So it seems with the new influenced mod corpse, we could realistically get 10%int fractured helmets.

Influenced mods cannot be fractured, can they? You can't Hunter slam a fractured item. Unless the Graveyard breaks some of the core rules and does that...

I dont understand this. Why should i hunter slam if i have a fractured 10 % int mod?
does the eater of world mods work on that items. so i can have a increased int /int / inc attr. chest with eater of world implizit?

another question
whats the reason inc int rings are so cheap now. Can they also crafted
Last edited by ichbinwerichbi on Apr 12, 2024, 3:05:06 AM
Is there a specific reason that Ball Lightning in particular is used to deliver the CWDT payloads?
"
berael wrote:
Is there a specific reason that Ball Lightning in particular is used to deliver the CWDT payloads?

Using CWDT directly on the curses means you pay a lot more mana per trigger and you need CWDT at lvl20, which means less triggers.

By using CWDTlvl1 with BLlvl1, you get constant trigger that cost little to no mana. BL covers most of the screen on each trigger and applies both curses. As such, you get easier, cheaper and more constant application of your curses that way.

As for BL vs. another skill with Hextouch, BL travels across the screen and hits all around it. There's no other skill that hits so much of the screen at lvl1.
"
As for BL vs. another skill with Hextouch, BL travels across the screen and hits all around it. There's no other skill that hits so much of the screen at lvl1.

If you're spinning directly on top of things more often than not, then would Shock Nova be a viable alternative, for the somewhat larger radius (26 vs. 22) plus guaranteed Shock at the same mana cost?

Or what about Hydrosphere, to drag around an AOE Exposure with you?
I use frostblink linked with hextouch and culling strike to apply curses. Frostblink through the pack and then cyclone back through them then frostblink back through to cull anything not dead. Haven't tried ball lightning yet so I don't know if that's more efficient playstyle.

I have also seen people run the alternate ball lightning of orbiting on their cwdt curse setup.
"
berael wrote:
"

If you're spinning directly on top of things more often than not, then would Shock Nova be a viable alternative, for the somewhat larger radius (26 vs. 22) plus guaranteed Shock at the same mana cost?

Or what about Hydrosphere, to drag around an AOE Exposure with you?

BL travels, which makes the smaller radius move around the screen. As you are usually hit when you approach a pack, BL will travel through the pack and behind it, applying to every mob. Shock Nova would only hit around you, which means that you'd hit enemies 13 units in front of you only.

Also of note, even if we'd get a guaranteed shock, it would still be based on the lightning damage dealt. As we do not scale that type of damage, the applied shock should be minimal and would not make up for the loss of coverage.

As for Hydropshere, I've never played with it, but doesn't it create a sphere or move it on your cursor's location? If so, it requires you to keep your cursor into packs, which reduces your coverage and slows you down with a big loss of QoL. We already have exposure on the boss staff (which is the only place where it matters), so we don't need another source.
"
I use frostblink linked with hextouch and culling strike to apply curses. Frostblink through the pack and then cyclone back through them then frostblink back through to cull anything not dead. Haven't tried ball lightning yet so I don't know if that's more efficient playstyle.

I have also seen people run the alternate ball lightning of orbiting on their cwdt curse setup.

Frostblink is great against bosses, against which you do not want to get hit at all. I believe Kelvynn uses it for Uber bosses and Sanctum, for example.

However, BL is a lot smoother while mapping, as you don't need to even need to think about it, while you need to Frostblink into packs to apply it.
"
WinterHiko wrote:
BL travels, which makes the smaller radius move around the screen. As you are usually hit when you approach a pack, BL will travel through the pack and behind it, applying to every mob. Shock Nova would only hit around you, which means that you'd hit enemies 13 units in front of you only.

Also of note, even if we'd get a guaranteed shock, it would still be based on the lightning damage dealt. As we do not scale that type of damage, the applied shock should be minimal and would not make up for the loss of coverage.

As for Hydropshere, I've never played with it, but doesn't it create a sphere or move it on your cursor's location? If so, it requires you to keep your cursor into packs, which reduces your coverage and slows you down with a big loss of QoL. We already have exposure on the boss staff (which is the only place where it matters), so we don't need another source.

Thank you for helping me understand!
Last edited by berael on Apr 12, 2024, 3:35:46 PM
Hello there fellow Exiles!

I have a couple of questions. First a short introduction. I am very new to PoE. Always wanted to try but it seemed too complicated. Have played a couple of leagues but without huge success. Finally in Necropolis I started playing a bit more serious. I am very, very new to crafting,etc. But when I found this build and tried it, I loved it. So I am sticking with it, trying to get to the late game. PLEASE take into consideration that I am fairly new player to PoE. Now for the questions.

I am still completing the Atlas. So I have some way to go. So far so good. Can you tell me exactly what I need to upgrade? Which items? How to upgrade them? For example I still don't know how to make the staff from 16% int to 18% int. What items should I change/replace? How to improve it.

Can someone tell me exactly what links and gems I need in my 2 weapons(1 for self cast and 1 for cyclone? I am getting very confused there. I am not sure what should be linked with what. Same goes about the chest.

I have allocated Tranqulity but I still don't have mana for Hatred? Can someone tell me why? I think my gear is not that great but not that bad either.

Is it normal to have around 6.5k ES on this level or I am doing something wrong?

My bestfriend left me a lot of currency since he has some personal problems. So I am using that in order to trade. But I am very careful with some stuff because a lot of stuff costs 4D each... So some advice on the gear and what should I buy next or craft(although I will not be successful most probably)?

Will post a link to my charracter. Any help will be appricated! Thank you in advance!

https://poe.ninja/pob/1Aoa
"
"
Kelvynn wrote:
"
WinterHiko wrote:
So it seems with the new influenced mod corpse, we could realistically get 10%int fractured helmets.

Influenced mods cannot be fractured, can they? You can't Hunter slam a fractured item. Unless the Graveyard breaks some of the core rules and does that...

Yes you can fracture influence mods.

https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/1c169ab/you_can_now_fracture_influence_mods_with_the_new/

Oh wow! This is THE most broken crafting league ever. I'm going to make me a max possible stats helmet then.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info