Character Balance in Path of Exile: Lake of Kalandra

are your monster mobs nerfed too? lol
Rofl at all the casuals whining.

This league everybody was complaining about how the meta didnt shift because everything stayed the same, then the sentinel mechainic came along and catapulted everything up into orbit because of the powercreep, making people able to farm the Uber Pinnacles day 3.

GGG makes that a little harder and people start throwing tantrums. i really dont get it, when you wanna complain, at least wait until patch notes, maybe the league mechanic NEEDS nerfs to not be insanely busted.

So hold your horses. And wait for the 11th. You can still cry about how you wanna skip the league then, after actually knowing about what the league even is.
Last edited by Ganja_Jesus on Aug 2, 2022, 8:21:30 PM
madge dont nerf my flask mods GGG >:(
POGGERS!
Honestly doesnt' seem that bad we will have to see what the kilandra league brings as well. Most likely will have some cool items, changes, and buffs that will balance out with the changes.

Hoping to see some new skills, melee style :) or melee style being pretty pogger!
Last edited by momonami5 on Aug 2, 2022, 8:37:02 PM
I have never posted anything on an official announcement but ...

this manifesto is complete BS

Actually 0 problem solved, just destroyed the only few things that were MANDATORY for 90% of builds to make the game playable in it's current state with all the stupid cluster f happening on the screen and the myriad of monsters effects/affixes that can one shot you at any time.

But hey, let's buff stationary gameplay. Just start your game (i know you rarely do) and stand still against an end game boss or in a red corrupted map.
Ummm. I know, that I might not be the perfect person to comment about manifesto, but all i have to say is, that i didn’t play for a long time (since harvest), cuz of performance issues - constant lags, optimisation problems, latency issues, and many more.

I’ve put some gear together to farm some recombinators. Got surprised by stupid archnemesis mods, that kill me when game freezes - I was not enjoying it at all. Decided to get some defences via DB, Grace and Determination, to prevent some deaths, invested a little into RMR to support one offensive aura - and I still die, sometimes.

Nerfing a thing is not bad, but nerfing a thing on many different layers is a bad decision on a whole different level. Let’s assume, that some players would like to play DB/Grace/Determination combo in 3.19 anyways:
They now have to get (somehow, with limited sources) more RMR, to run DB. If they get DB up and running, they have to get more armour and evasion to scale it to the levels of 3.18. To get 100% spell suppression players will have to sacrifice some skill points from damage nodes (they can’t sacrifice defence nodes due to defence nerfs), so they lose on damage. Oh, and they lose on dmg, cuz they can’t squeeze offensive aura, as noted above.
Tl:dr - we’ll have to sacrifice tons of dmg, to stay sane and do not die every 2nd map.

I did enjoy harvest mechanics, I did enjoy delirium, legion too - even if I was dying. But I was dying due to interaction with league content. Nowadays, I die, just because. For any new/returning player, that amount of frustrating and infuriating mechanics is just too much. I don’t wanna play bomberman when picking up the loot. I don’t wanna die, cuz of performance issues (deli sounds and fog still messing up the fluidity of gameplay). Don’t wanna invest more hours to not die cuz of stupid game design.
Last edited by damjanusz on Aug 2, 2022, 8:27:22 PM
You need to nerf Seismic more. Seismic needs a 50% or higher area nerf to be equal to be brought to par with other skills. (look at the area of lightning spire)

You do not understand how broken Seismic is.

We are all just going to have to play seismic again in competitive leagues and it is so sad.
Hmm this doesn't feel very exciting to me. A lot of direct or indirect global nerfs and the few buffs feel underwhelming (+2 radius on cleave, why not but that won't make it really better). I also don't see how the jugg rework will make it a better ascendancy. The 8% armor apply to ele damage is cool but that's it, no big changes

For now i think this won't change the meta appart for necro.

I really hope there will be a lot of new strong skills/supports/items with the new league so this won't just be a worst 3.17/3.18 league in term of builds. Because with just the manifesto it feels like that and i don't like playing only weaker version of past builds.

I'm waiting for the full reveal+patchnote, big surprises can still happen !

See you in the lake !

seems like a whole lot less ways to not die instantly and a few targeted nerfs for meta builds. the result will be the builds that are meta now generally stay meta and the ones that arent viable will become even less viable. may be time to step away from poe folks. it's not getting better.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info