Character Balance in Path of Exile: Lake of Kalandra

Thank you for continuing to make a hard and challenging game in the face of a mountain of raging crybabies. It was time for nerfs.
GGG Savage! lol
Can't wait for 3.19!!!
Hi. I stopped playing POE for 1st time in Sentinel league after non stop playing 8+y. But I still follow news sometime coz im looking for some game to play together with Wow.

I needed 5min to watch Mathil to realise that the direction where this game is going is same, horribly wrong, exactly the reason why I stop. F(*@ this nerfs and the changes to challenges.
I wont start play again till they change one shot mechanics and add more diversity, meaning not be forced in 1,2 OP skills when we have 9932193921 trash skills.

My post will sound lame but I really cant find the fun we had in good old times. When we had "broken" OP skills and things. They totally destroyed the fun. This is not PVP game to be everything equal and perfectly balanced.

And im still mad how you finally added armor set for reward and made it impossible to get. Thats another BIG reason i wont play this game again.
This really angers me. Several leagues without anything mentionable new stuff now or even new skills + reasonable nerfs to shhake the meta up, but now you gonna make us have the same meta for 9 months now?? and also u add this trash f-ing archnemesis bs that everyone hates ( because of this stuff we need stupid insane defences ) but then you keep them in the game the league after and nerf defences????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? i have never been less excited for a league in 10 years!!!!!!!!!!
they really love nerfing necromancer huh
neccomancer was bit meh before remake but the remake turned them very but and they find it very unbalance so they nerf it, then nerf then nerf till now years has been passed still nerfing it. now they're more meh than before the remake
Im proud some of you, guys.
Spoiler

And again no touching grass during this league. Show me your new challenges.
"
francorocco23 wrote:
Problem: no problems
Solution: Create a problem

Yes!
Qvis contra nos ?
refund my money spent and delete my account
Initial feedback:

You needed to raise the floor of so many (~90%) builds. Instead you took at least 1 aura, and more likely 2, from most builds. Those builds went from unplayable for endgame aspirations to even more unplayable for endgame aspirations.

The skills that were the best this league are still going to be the best (yes, even Seismic Trap). Your balance team isn't doing their job well and it's probably time to find some replacements who understand the issues with power and balance. Top end power needs reduced (such as nerfing all sources of crit multiplier, where almost every high end build gets the greatest multiplier) and low end power (such as base damage, aura availability, etc.) needs increased (on the aforementioned ~90% of builds).

I love the changes to spell suppression. It was always intended to be a "right side of tree" thing, not something everyone got which just left evasion builds still behind all other defenses. This is still the case but at least those other builds have to go to the right side a little bit. Baby steps.

Defiance Banner changes are solid.

Aegis Aurora untouched is a mistake. But maybe those changes are in the patch notes.

Melding changes are OK, but it just makes it a tiny bit more effort to cap so it's still basically mandatory. I remember when you guys decided tons of increased max res was a bad idea (it was and still is) so you nerfed it everywhere so the difference between fully decked out max res and just 75% wasn't so enormous (remember 80% Loreweave? I do). I wish you'd get back to that PoE where the baseline caps weren't so utterly useless next to the high end.

Ultimately for me this looks worse on paper than 3.15, mostly due to the aura changes. Most builds lose 2 auras which hurts them at the entry level which is where they couldn't afford to be hurt. At least 3.15 hurt the bottom end less than the top end (with support gems granting less of a boost, etc.). 3.15 also didn't have uber bosses or archnemesis mobs, so the pressure on characters to have damage is much higher. Not sure I play this league and I have no reason to skip other than it looks more of a chore than fun at this point.

CATW
Last edited by TheSmellOfNapalm on Aug 2, 2022, 11:57:22 PM
"
Masakiyomi wrote:
Also, spell suppression EVEN HARDER to get from gear?! Are you freaking crazy?! By removing spell dodge, implementing spell suppression and increasing spell damage all across the game you made it pretty much a necessity for literally every build that's trying to stay alive, the only solution was stacking 90% all res with Melding of the Flesh (which was only achievable [with reasonable investment] through Purity of Ice and Aegis Aurora) or having ridiculous amounts of life combined with reductions and sustain, and now even an investment into all max res nodes in Marauder's area combined with juiced up Purity of Fire is gonna be completely useless because you literally nullify the whole point of using Purity in this case! You HAVE TO do something with the ridiculous spell damage being present at every step in the game at this point, 80% max res is NOT enough and with this kind of nerf to the Melding we're all just getting teabagged at this point...

Another thing I have to mention is the ridiculous situation that 2h swords, axes and maces had been put into: no block (for literally no reason! just give them 18% chance to block attack damage and make all staves have a chance to block spell damage instead), no meaningful ways of on-hit healing triggers (no, Vengeance is not a solution), literally the only option is to get Fortification (which is also accessible for those with an innate chance to block...) and ridiculous amounts of both hp and leech/regen, making combinations like 2h mace Chieftain really struggle on maps, and making pure red builds suffer A LOT if they decide to stick to their "default" basetypes.

I honestly don't get it. You're trying to make people invest into defences which leads to situations where A LOT of players end up with less than 1 million DPS for an off-META build (yes, we do play those, look at majorities instead of streamers and META-slaves with 1500 deaths per char on SC), while every goddamn Pinnacle Atlas Boss fight is more and more punishing the less damage you have, it's really quite ridiculous... especially if you also account for all the clearspeed-biased mechanics like Legion, Blight, even Syndicate (transportation, killing supporting troops in general) or Temple of Atzoatl at some point, it's blatantly obvious that high damage is 10 times more beneficial than high level of defence yet instead of trimming the damage and giving more ways to build defences against specific types of damage (like making max resistances a bunch of rollable suffixes on pure strength bases, or having less hardcore versions of Transcendence that are actually freaking usable with a 2h weapon other than a staff) you reduce the dmg creep here and there while also making defences more important and even more tedious to get decent amounts of, expecting us to be happy about it...

lol

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info