Feedback about paid battle pass and the exclusion of Standard

I don't mind GGG coming up with additional ways to earn money through non-p2w means. However I cannot see why standard players have to be excluded. Sure, they can unlock it right away, but they will pay money for it. Money that will provide new leagues. There are actually a LOT of players on standard. You would be surprised.

My second concern is the "battle pass" direction in Leagues. Challenges is already a free "battle pass". Moving over to pay for battle pass gives people the yucky feeling of missing out if they cannot play often enough. I am not sure if this system will pay off over long time. It moves us closer and closer to other games's battle passes that most certainly give you the feeling of: "Oh no I have to play so and so much or I will be missing out". Gaming becoming a chore is a huge NO NO for me. Some of the concern could be alleviated by enabling this for standard. Give us a way to get these things instantly there if we don't feel like playing the League. It doesn't hurt anyone. It just gives GGG more income same time as giving the players options. Not all leagues fit all players. I often skip leagues(and instead rest/play standard) if I don't think it will fit my playstyle. The free challenge league rewards already covers the needs for the League-gamers.

If the worry is: "Oh no, then people will just unlock it on standard, swap over to League and wear the mtx immediately". Well the solution to that is obviously to offer the standard-package later or at end of league. The main issue here is the exclusion of playergroups and the feeling of "forced"(yes I know it is optional) timesink.
Last edited by arknath on Feb 17, 2022, 8:56:16 PM
Last bumped on Feb 18, 2022, 4:22:56 AM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
What you are somehow missing is that excluding Standard players is the entire point of the Vault. Offering these league-exclusive rewards to Standard players literally defeats their entire purpose; if GGG just wanted to sell them for money, they'd allow them to be directly purchasable.

What else does GGG have to do to make it obvious that they don't want people's primary interaction with the game to be in the mode which is impossible for them to balance? They've been bribing us for years to play in the temp leagues by just allowing Standard to be a dumping ground for imbalanced nonsense and by offering the "best" versions of the new systems exclusively to challenge players. I genuinely feel sorry for everyone who missed out on Ultimatum; that league was a ton of fun.

It's okay to leave your legacy items behind and actually play the game, guys. When you stop clinging to your crutches, you might even be surprised at how far you can run.
"
What you are somehow missing is that excluding Standard players is the entire point of the Vault. Offering these league-exclusive rewards to Standard players literally defeats their entire purpose; if GGG just wanted to sell them for money, they'd allow them to be directly purchasable.

What else does GGG have to do to make it obvious that they don't want people's primary interaction with the game to be in the mode which is impossible for them to balance? They've been bribing us for years to play in the temp leagues by just allowing Standard to be a dumping ground for imbalanced nonsense and by offering the "best" versions of the new systems exclusively to challenge players. I genuinely feel sorry for everyone who missed out on Ultimatum; that league was a ton of fun.

It's okay to leave your legacy items behind and actually play the game, guys. When you stop clinging to your crutches, you might even be surprised at how far you can run.

cringe take
Very cool mirror Service: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3227915
"
impulze3 wrote:
cringe take

Is my take really worse than you reading the objective truth and being upset by it?

Standard league, by its very nature, exists outside the realm of game balance. Is it really so shocking to hear that maybe, just maybe, GGG would prefer players NOT fielding full legacy gear at level 70 and demolishing Tier 1 map bosses with hundreds of millions of DPS?

Besides, the game explicitly tells you at character creation that the intended way for players to experience Path of Exile is softcore trade challenge league. That's the mode the entire game is balanced around, after all, which sort of by definition makes it the one GGG most wants us all to play.
hard to disagree with you on that one impulze3 :P But if his/her/their feelings about players on standard is: "everyone playing there is just doing so because playing the League is too tough/challenging" there is no point discussing anything with them. They just don't get what standard means to a decent chunk of the playerbase.

If they keep pulling this thread into a hatred for standard players direction instead they will earn a report. That's about it. Also pulling in game balance is just flat out off topic.
Last edited by arknath on Feb 17, 2022, 7:06:00 PM
"
"
impulze3 wrote:
cringe take

Is my take really worse than you reading the objective truth and being upset by it?

Standard league, by its very nature, exists outside the realm of game balance. Is it really so shocking to hear that maybe, just maybe, GGG would prefer players NOT fielding full legacy gear at level 70 and demolishing Tier 1 map bosses with hundreds of millions of DPS?

Besides, the game explicitly tells you at character creation that the intended way for players to experience Path of Exile is softcore trade challenge league. That's the mode the entire game is balanced around, after all, which sort of by definition makes it the one GGG most wants us all to play.

i could make an in-depth post explaining to you how you're wrong, but i don't care and you wouldn't even read it before coming off with another cringe take
Very cool mirror Service: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3227915
Cool thing - more MTX more good.

If their would be GGG toiletpaper i would but it to support you, the game is awsome, this league specially with new atlas
"
impulze3 wrote:
"
"
impulze3 wrote:
cringe take

i could make an in-depth post explaining to you how you're wrong, but i don't care and you wouldn't even read it before coming off with another cringe take

IMHO, you already explained this in your opening post.

"If the worry is: "Oh no, then people will just unlock it on standard, swap over to League and wear the mtx immediately". Well the solution to that is obviously to offer the standard-package later or at end of league."

His points about getting people to not play standard is silly since there's almost no one on standard anyway. I know, I'm playing standard.
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!
Last edited by Turtledove on Feb 17, 2022, 8:43:21 PM
@Turtledove. That person wasn't the OP though. xD You are mixing up people here.

Also yes, there are a lot of people on standard they just don't advertize groups much. I have no issues trading there lately and see a vast amount of different people on a daily basis. We just like to chill and play the game at our own pace from time to time.
Last edited by arknath on Feb 17, 2022, 8:50:25 PM
"
arknath wrote:
@Turtledove. That guy wasn't the OP though. xD

Oops sorry, <embarrassed blushing emoji>
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info