[3.24] fezz's Toxic Rain Champion - Step-by-Step PoE Build Guide for Beginners & Casuals

Hi Fezz,

Can you help checking my character? I almost cleared all the end game content, but I just found out POB is showing my DPS is just around 700k which means I still have a lot to improve.

https://pobb.in/QRXQcHZJFZWc
Thank you!
Last edited by zzonci on Jun 12, 2024, 10:15:30 PM
"
zzonci wrote:
Hi Fezz,

Can you help checking my character? I almost cleared all the end game content, but I just found out POB is showing my DPS is just around 700k which means I still have a lot to improve.

Thank you!

Hey, your character is quite decent already. Here are some comments:

- Your damage is 5.95M at the moment. The reason why you only see 700k damage is because your PoB isn't set-up properly. Check out the Q&A if you want to know how to to set-up your PoB properly.

- Your are way above capped resistances. This is not bad, but it simply means that you should have plenty of options to improve the build by replacing resistance-related mods with other mods (e.g. damage-related).

- You have 41% increased Area of Effect, which actually reduces your effective DPS. Make sure to get exactly 39%. The easiest way to get this is by recrafting the crafting mod on your amulet or your gloves by using the crafting bench.

- Your spell suppression currently is only 99%, at least according to PoB (check ingame to be 100% sure). You want get 100%.

- You can craft another mod on one of your rings.

All in all, good job ;)!
Last edited by fezz8386 on Jun 13, 2024, 6:52:19 AM
"
zzonci wrote:
Hi Fezz,

Thank you!

Hi zzonci,

in order to compare your DPS to the "reference" POB of Fezz, you need to go to "Configuration" tab of PoB and set the following parameters: "Major God/Minor God", check "Are you Fortified", check "Taunted Enemy Recently" (Totems taunting), "# of Withered Stacks" put to 15, "# of Overlapping Pods" to 5, "Is the Enemy a Boss" -> "Guardian Pinnacle Boss". Also, you need to activate all the flasks.

If i do it for your build, it gives me about 5.7M dps. Fezz's reference POB shows about 7.7M, so you are not far away.

My build currently is about 11M and i still was not able to clear any Uber boss. For Delirium, i stuck at wave 25-26 generally. When you say about having cleared the end game content, were you able to clear any of these?

Have a nice day!
Hi pj101,

Thank you! I was able to farm Maven comfortably. Shaper, Elder, Sirus are easy. Uber Elder together is harder because of many boss mechanics to learn. T16 8 mods corrupted maps (without too cancer mods) are easy. I tried T17 maps, but I think it is not doable. I don't do Delirium. I guess I just don't know much about end game content.

@Fezz, thank you!

Last edited by zzonci on Jun 16, 2024, 6:15:16 PM
Hey, I am quite new to PoE. I played blind for a while with a witch, which was fun and then got recommended this guide. Loving being able to take in the story because a lot of thinking is done for me haha, but I'm confused by the loot filter.

Where can access info on what the loot filter icons and colours actually mean?
"
EgyptianSnag wrote:

Where can access info on what the loot filter icons and colours actually mean?

Hi EgyptianSnag,

some details about the loot filters used by this guide are here: https://poe-beginner-guide.com/toxic-rain-champion/featured/loot-filters/

Gl and hf!
is this going to be stronger?
"
dagoat2000uk wrote:

Does not look like it. There will be less problems with mana since the Toxic Rain gem consumes now less mana par cast. But the serious tankiness of Champion was nerfed - less Fortification stacks from ascendancy points etc...
Last edited by pj101 on Jul 24, 2024, 3:54:44 PM
"
pj101 wrote:
"
dagoat2000uk wrote:

Does not look like it. There will be less problems with mana since the Toxic Rain gem consumes now less mana par cast. But the serious tankiness of Champion was nerfed - less Fortify stacks from ascendancy points etc...

Noooooo, this is my fave build! Say it ain't so!
I want to rock right meow
"
Laeortia wrote:
"
pj101 wrote:
"
dagoat2000uk wrote:

Does not look like it. There will be less problems with mana since the Toxic Rain gem consumes now less mana par cast. But the serious tankiness of Champion was nerfed - less Fortify stacks from ascendancy points etc...

Noooooo, this is my fave build! Say it ain't so!

Well, i'm far from being an expert but this is what i have found in release notes concerning this build:

BEFORE 3.25:
Unstoppable Hero: 20% incr attack speed when Fortified
+500 to Armor and Evasion Rating when Fortified
Cannot be stunned when Fortified

Fortitude: You have 20 fortification

AFTER 3.25:
Unstoppable Hero: Nearby allies count as having fortification equal to yours.
Maybe the ballista totems will be a bit more robust if they count as "allies". But the amazing "20% incr attack speed" and "+500 armor and evasion" gone. No more stun immunity either. Sniff :(

Fortitude: You have 15 fortification
- a nerf to damage reduction (5% of damage from hits)

In general the mod with "phys damage taken as elemental" will be extremely rare now too. It gave additional tankiness at endgame. It will be obtainable from now on 2 uniques (Lightning coil and Cloak of Flame) as well as present as a new mod on body armor if i understand correctly ("New Eldritch Implicit modifiers for Body Armours have been added that grant Physical Damage taken as Fire, Cold, Lightning, or Chaos.")

Determination gem used in the build: gives 50% less flat armor.
But it uses less mana reservation, so maybe one more aura could be inserted now...

Toxic rain gem: Toxic Rain: Now has a Mana cost of 6 at gem level 1 (previously 7), scaling up to 10 at gem level 20 (previously 11). This is the only buff - reduced mana cost (by ~10%)

With new armor bases it could be possible to get some more evasion and armor and patch up for a part of these problems. So my guess is that the build will still be quite playable, will have easier time managing mana but a bit(?) less tanky and more spiky.
Last edited by pj101 on Jul 24, 2024, 4:42:19 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info