Path of Exile: Siege of the Atlas Teasers

"
DeLJaDe wrote:
"
Everything I have done has been for Wraeclast.

For Wraeclast? Wouldn't Vanarius hold loyalty to Oriath? Did he care any for Wraeclast? Granted I missed Synthesis league so I might be ignorant of something.

I mean, between 3.0 and 3.9 they seem to have forgotten that "Oriath" was a whole island with multiple towns as well as the one city we actually see...
Awakened Combustion Support when?
So to clarify what the new jewel (Melding of the Flesh) does - it makes your maximum elemental resists of all three resists match that of your highest max ele resist. So if you raise your maximum fire resist to 90%, it'll make your max cold and max lightning resist also be treated as 90%. With the cost that you have to make up for the massive resistance penalty it imposes on you.

Also, before anyone suggests it, that jewel is completely redundant with Tempered by War keystone. You either want to build around Tempered by War or this jewel, not both. As using both will not grant any higher damage reduction.

Easiest way to make use of the jewel would be to play an RF Chieftain build. The other good use for this jewel is on Doryani's Prototype builds.

Edit:- You CAN use it on other builds, I just meant that RF Chieftain is one of the easiest builds to fit it into.
Last edited by Exile009 on Jan 19, 2022, 2:40:49 AM
"
Exile009 wrote:
So to clarify what the new jewel (Melding of the Flesh) does - it makes your maximum elemental resists of all three resists match that of your highest max ele resist. So if you raise your maximum fire resist to 90%, it'll make your max cold and max lightning resist also be treated as 90%. With the cost that you have to make up for the massive resistance penalty it imposes on you.

Also, before anyone suggests it, that jewel is completely redundant with Tempered by War keystone. You either want to build around Tempered by War or this jewel, not both. As using both will not grant any higher damage reduction.

Easiest way to make use of the jewel would be to play an RF Chieftain build.

you still have to make up another 90 cold+lightning resist tho. (chieftain gets enough fire resist to ignore the penalty)

because just raising your MAX to 90, doesnt help you overcome the huge resistance penalty.
nothing to be excited for yet...*sigh*
MAKE LEFT CLICK GREAT AGAIN.
"
Exile009 wrote:

cool one jewel for ONE build, and its -76% thats super hard for most people.

making this jewel for less then 1% of people
MAKE LEFT CLICK GREAT AGAIN.
I honestly think Melding the Flesh is likely to be a chase item. Think how hard it is to raise all 3 resistances up that high. You usually have to invest at a minimum 3 Purities with heavy investment and grab several notables from the tree. You can easily get 100+ resistance on each rare. Jewels can net 20-30 resistance. -76% all resistance really isn't that hard to overcome. You can get that in 2 rares, and no 2 anything will net you that much defensive prowess.
"
maxtraxv3 wrote:
"
Exile009 wrote:

cool one jewel for ONE build, and its -76% thats super hard for most people.

making this jewel for less then 1% of people

My math comes out to a total of 708% elemental resistances that need to be added to the build to hit 100% on all three. That isn't even hard man. Most gear pieces by themselves can get 120% if you focused on resistances and that doesn't even include the tree, auras, flasks, jewels (grand spectrums), ascendency (chieftain), or bandits. Did you think about any of this before you decided the jewel was for the 1%?
Stay Silky
"
Aldonés wrote:
I honestly think Melding the Flesh is likely to be a chase item. Think how hard it is to raise all 3 resistances up that high. You usually have to invest at a minimum 3 Purities with heavy investment and grab several notables from the tree. You can easily get 100+ resistance on each rare. Jewels can net 20-30 resistance. -76% all resistance really isn't that hard to overcome. You can get that in 2 rares, and no 2 anything will net you that much defensive prowess.

2 rares?

you mean 1 rare :)

Hype

But need to see some new uniques to build around
The way I understand Melding is:

you build 1 resist, and the jewel makes ALL your resists equal to that one. Otherwise what would the point be?

Seems like the jewel would save you a few resist suffixes as you'd only really need 5 t1 rolls of a single resist to max out everything (instead of 15).

Also, that's sort of what the name of the jewel implies...I think the language is poorly chosen in the description and will likely change before release. It MELDS all your resists into one

I DON'T think it actually refers only to the MAXIMUM resist because basically every form of +max resist is +max ALL resists. Wouldn't make any kind of sense to have a jewel that does nothing except destroy your resists.
Last edited by jsuslak313 on Jan 18, 2022, 10:30:28 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info