Bestiary Farming and the Menagerie: Issues My Last attempt at this getting looked at

"
Esubane wrote:

Before Atlas Tree this wasn't that big of a deal because even winged scarabed Einhar mission would give you 8, maybe 10 beasts to capture. Now there are passives on atlas tree that can shoot this number through the roof. You can have a map with 70 beasts to capture!

No, it has been a problem since the introduction of Lures in Harvest. We were 6-man farming Fenumals in Harvest League and the menagerie would fill up faster than you could say "Einhar". It's obnoxious.

You are correct, the cap needs to be removed. But that's not the only problem with Bestiary, albeit the most pressing.
Hold on to yer shite load o´ bloody barnacles on me arse-cockles, me hearty!

IGN: Trapsdrubel
Last edited by Azdrubel on Feb 7, 2023, 4:31:46 PM
Why even have a beast limit?
Menagerie absolutely needs:

1) A compact, scrollable list of captured beasts, which shows...
2) Which recipe(s) each captured beast satisfies, and which has...
3) An easily-clickable option to Release *or* Orbify each beast.

These 3 things could be fit into 1 line (maybe 2), for each respective beast.

I think the in-map mechanic integrates well. Management in the Menagerie is a frustrating mess (enough that I avoid the mechanic outright unless I need one of the mods). Also, the notion of the crowded, indoor, crazy-small pens entrapping the beasts indefinitely in addition to the sacrificing-in-a-small-kill-zone aspect is a bit more than a touch psychotic (contributing greatly to aforementioned avoidance).
Last edited by MoonPeace on Feb 9, 2023, 1:36:41 AM
bumping
[Removed by Support]
"
indeed317 wrote:
The "XX in Storage" would be perfect if it read "XX in Storage out of XX Limit"

didn't even know there was a separate limit for each group. I just assumed my red beasts would be safe as long as i have less than 1k red beasts in my storage.

This is badly needed. +1

This is getting way too complex tbh:

let the RED beast drop a beast orb upon capture- that way we can filter these by ilvl/type and we will never run into beats not being captured!
Last edited by AintCare on Jun 19, 2023, 9:08:39 PM
"
indeed317 wrote:

The Wiki is vague; and tbh this is almost impossible to decode -

===============
"Each sub-area containing between 9 and 16 pens which hold the collected monsters sorted by monster type. There are 44 pens all up. Each holding pen can hold between 5 monsters (e.g. Amphibians->Gem Frogs) and 56 monsters (Arachnids->Spiders), depending on the pen."

"3.5.0 There is now a global capture limit of 1000 beasts, rather than a per-genus limit. The previous total maximum was approximately 680, though most players were likely to hit genus-specific limits."
===============

Now, does the 5-56 limit is dependant on the pen type? or Monster type?

What I'm talking here- is it possible that a pen for Spideroos can hold 6 (that's my current number of them) fumeral Spideroos (RED) and some other higher number or yellows? I picked Spideroos because they seem to be the biggest... if so this is going to get confusing really fast
Last edited by AintCare on Jun 20, 2023, 5:52:47 AM
bump.

also certain cages/pens have a limit of 100+. I had over 100 of 'primates?' (don't remember the exact name of the pen) and yes it was one cage- showed 100+ beasts when i clicked on that pens label.
Last edited by AintCare on Jun 25, 2023, 11:58:11 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info