Bestiary Farming and the Menagerie: Issues My Last attempt at this getting looked at

B
"Actually as the #1 Slayer's Banker..."
"Actually as the #1 Guardian's Banker..."
Confirming this is still an issue and really needs GGG to address it
Crafting Consortium - The Igloo Mirror Shop
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3283615
GGG please address this! thanks.
[Removed by Support]
Please Update the menagerie!
bumping again.
[Removed by Support]
^^
[Removed by Support]
b

and its just getting worse and worse. like this thread by Belton who lost MIRRORS worth of beasts due to this terrible beastiary system

https://tinyurl.com/ykdudhkb <- reddit thread here had to use tinyurl bc it cut off the majority of the link

DO SOMETHING please
"Actually as the #1 Slayer's Banker..."
"Actually as the #1 Guardian's Banker..."
Last edited by indeed317 on Feb 6, 2023, 6:37:43 PM
"
Antigegner wrote:
- remove menagerie
- add crafts to crafting bench (yes, it's possible)
- only keep the few meaningful crafts
- make beast-quantity unlimited
- putting beasts into orbs must be simple and easy to understand

maybe an unpopular opinion but i think its time to retire bestiality league (typo intended).

ignoring the crafting mechanic, i prefer metamorph. its non intrusive for mapping experience.

as for the beasts themselves. i used to like them, they're fun to engage with and have a unique feel to them.

however, ever since GGG introduced AN, now we have some remaining AN mods that still exist, i HATE bestiary. the challenging rares now become deadly/much more difficult thanks to AN mods. i really prefer not to deal with them.

as for the bloodcrafting altar, thats pretty cool but becomes real gimmicky and tiring fast. when clearing off my bestiary a lot of the beasts i have could be low leveled and are literal jokes.

an alternative to removing bestiary i have a few suggestions

1. Only Red beasts spawn. Beasts can be fewer in a map but more meaningful.
2. Only 1 beast is required for crafting
3a. Einhar gives you the ability to craft upon beast capturing. No need to go thru the blood ritual
3b1. When you reach 20-30 beasts, you no longer are able to capture new beasts. Einhar will bring you to a blood ritual area which is larger to battle all those beasts. upon completion the relevant crafting option are added to your bench with appropriate number of uses.
3b2. Upon completion, theres a chance to spawn a portal to fight a random bestiary boss regardless of whether you have the appropriate beast but only if the blood sacrifice is level 83.
3b3. Killing the boss gives the appropriate boss craft
3b4. Beasts are upgraded to the level of the highest leveled beast (max at 83). balanced by having the best crafts only available on beasts found on t14 maps and above. you could manipulate a blood sacrifice event by having 29 level 70 beasts and one level 83 beast. grants you good experience but the low leveled beasts would probably have shitty rewards such as random quality currency/4 jews etc.
4. Menagerie is removed from the game
5. Crafts can directly be itemized
[Removed by Support]
I agree, Bestiary desperately needs an update.

But it will never get one. Considering everything that happened with Harvest, Fossils, Essences, Bench-recipes, Aisling, Synthesis and yes, Bestiary, the only conclusion is that all crafting systems are intentionally annoying, confusing and unintuitive. GGG is intentionally gatekeeping players by making these systems a mess to interact with. This prevents people from accessing the powerful crafts and prolongs item progression.

So we won't get an update. It's not gonna happen. GGG doesn't want an accessible and intuitive system. We had those and consequently they were obfuscated or nerfed or outright removed.
Hold on to yer shite load o´ bloody barnacles on me arse-cockles, me hearty!

IGN: Trapsdrubel
Just remove the bestiary cap, that's the cause of problems.
Problems happen because there is no easy way to manage the menagerie. Once you are at the cap you're forced to spend an ungodly amount of time getting it sorted out.
You either spam some shitty recipe literally hundreds of times, or you hoard yellow beasts in those 1c orbs, this is also very time consuming cos its so much clicking.

Before Atlas Tree this wasn't that big of a deal because even winged scarabed Einhar mission would give you 8, maybe 10 beasts to capture. Now there are passives on atlas tree that can shoot this number through the roof. You can have a map with 70 beasts to capture!

Normally youd be excited for such a proc, but yore not. Such proc fills up your menagerie capacity very quickly and gets you closer to a very uncomfortable experiecne of managing your menagerie resource count.

No other mechanics in this game have obnoxious micro like this. Please improve it, this is unplayable in current state. You WANT to grind Bestiary a lot because those valuable beasts are rare. But you don't want to do your fucking office job for 2-3 hours every few dozen maps to manage the menagerie.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info