Server providers for South-Africa

Hi @Fitzy_GGG i will be moving to reunion island (next to madagascarà for few months soon, will i be able to play on SA servers ? I used to be on frankfurt living in france.
"
Fitzy_GGG wrote:
Those specific bare metal servers are gone for good.

I'm still looking for permanent options as Azure is 3-4x more expensive than bare metal.

I've upped the Azure capacity temporarily so hopefully less people get thrown to EU for the weeks around launch.

Thanks for the update, Fitzy!

I see a few of the guys have already given some solid info and / or reached out to their networks. The Afrihost linkup would be amazing!

I've also reached out to some of my contacts and we'll see what they come back with. I'm sure between all of us, there'll be some good leads for you.
Last edited by d4nk on Feb 12, 2022, 4:00:27 AM
"
SonOf7Less wrote:
Hi @Fitzy_GGG i will be moving to reunion island (next to madagascarà for few months soon, will i be able to play on SA servers ? I used to be on frankfurt living in france.

Yep. If the servers are up at that point, you can use them.
SA instance seems to have gone down an hour ago :(

Ok they back on :)
Last edited by casper3111 on Feb 16, 2022, 4:34:01 AM
Anyone else randomly get thrown out to login screen? "This action requires the user to be logged in" Doesn't happen reliably enough to be a pattern. It's happened maybe like 4/5 times spread out over the time i've been playing on the server. No lag spike to indicate there's a problem so when it does happen it's totally unexpected. After a relog about the last 5 - 8 minutes of progress is lost. (edit to clarify: Progress as in within the instance i was in, if i do level up that stays but the instance resets and on one occasion something i looted wasnt in my inventory when relogged)

It's an experimental server so i get issues are par for the course and totally acceptable was just curious if anybody else experiences this from time to time?
Last edited by DarkChild_13 on Feb 19, 2022, 3:38:44 AM
Randomly came across this thread to great delight.

My biggest sad with the game has always been that it feels grueling to play on high ping.
Hopefully a permanent implimentation can be found. Our business deals with a lot of cloud computing and I will share any options I happen to come across here.

I got into the league a bit late, South African instance servers seem to be too few? I got yeeted to Frankfurt more than not this weekend. Every 2nd or 3rd instance would throw me over to Frankfurt.

Could we please revisit putting the fallback server to London?
A week ago the server was awesome, got mostly local instances.

This past weekend i ended up in Frankfurt a lot.

Would love to know how many South Africans are actually connecting to the server.
Oh no, I think too many south africans have found this thread and now the instances are just getting used up all the time.

Yeah London works much better than Frankfurt for South Africans.

edit: frankfort -> frankfurt woops
Last edited by sh0dude on Feb 21, 2022, 6:22:19 AM
I did not realize we have ZA servers, I'll give it a try!

ISPs might be there way to go, I know Cool Ideas actually have a local twitch relay in ZA - makes a big difference for streamers.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info