(UPDATED for 3.15.0d) We found stuff to consider when scaling the Reaper!!!

On the mana issue:

Have 2 reaper setups.
#1 Your 6l setup as per usual
#2 A lvl 1 Reaper linked to Second Wind

Spawn Reaper #1 and use Reaper #2 to order attacks. Since Reaper is already spawned and limited to a single minion, pressing Reaper #2 wont summon another one but instead count as an attack order for Reaper #1.
Since its only lvl1 and linked to just one gem the mana costs are very low and Second Wind will allow you to bypass Reapers cooldown at least once.

Ofc investment into CDR will still pay off big time.
Honestly unless we get a unique that lets us summon additional reapers I have no interests in the skill what so ever as it's inferior to other minion builds.
"
firenovix wrote:
Honestly unless we get a unique that lets us summon additional reapers I have no interests in the skill what so ever as it's inferior to other minion builds.

When Chris presented the Reaper he might have oversold it.
Reaper is not bad, it's just a different type of play style. One, POE Necros are not used to yet. It's also not OP, which is good; I dislike skills that are OP. GGG has a tendency to release either OP or trash, no middle. So far, I think Reaper is in the middle, you just need to figure it out via more testing and experimenting.

Also, agree on the Unique side. Since there are a bunch of Uniques that benefit the other minions, it's only fair the Reaper gets some, or change some of the old ones to include it.
Ima beat my head against this wall until I'm just left with neck!
I love her, I'll die for her.

I am working on a femur with Reaper/Brutality/maim/Impale/Swift affliction/Hypothermia with skitterbots. Generosity/dread Banner/Malevolence, its a long shot, but it should get me well into red maps.

Looking ahead, Sirus is a mountain, not sure I can climb it, not really worried about it at this time she's fun as hell and I am having a great ride!

She also has Reapers presence and we know what that does to the party, has anyone confirmed what that does to the enemy?
I have seen the debuff on them, some go listless and unresponsive, some flat out flee. I had a boss run into a corner while she swallowed it's soul, I want to know more about this :)
EDIT: I bet it makes them count as moving, since GGG is stressing the bleed, this could be it. I wish, I pray, Oh God please let it be true!

Either way I'm having fun in the broken league, she keeps me safe, comes when I call and is often off screen doing the killing, that's my girl!

My biggest problem is now that I have settled on Carnage apes, she eats one a pack to spite me! Takes up to 20 desecrates to get them back, sometime I port out because it's easier in HO. Yes Chris, you have slowed my game down!

Also, if it all falls apart, I'm about 30 respecs from saying F it and running casters again.
I will wear your ghost and you will die twice, against me and for me.
That is some cold blooded shit to say...
Last edited by GrunkleBob on Jul 28, 2021, 2:19:43 PM
Why do people keep calling the reaper "she" and her"?
"
MrSparkle001 wrote:
Why do people keep calling the reaper "she" and her"?

Have you looked at HER??? I mean look right on the home page, she's a goddess!
Don't see a reaper on the home page.
Right here on this page I am typing on, she is on the right.
She is a showcase for the league.
isnt that one of the bosses you can fight in logbook expeditions, not the summon reaper

summon reaper does not have any armor on just a corset and a cloak
"
GrunkleBob wrote:
Right here on this page I am typing on, she is on the right.
She is a showcase for the league.

I see something up there at the top of the page but it's hidden behind the forum. No idea if it's a reaper or what it could be, I can only really see a cloak.

Ok if it's the one on the right it's not a reaper:

I don't know what it is but it's not a reaper. EDIT: Ok maybe it's POE's version of a reaper but I'm not buying it. This is a reaper:

It's not male, it's not female, it's not wearing form-hugging armor and standing there in an almost slightly sex pose. It's just a reaper, menacing and grim.

So boo! Female reapers lol.
Last edited by MrSparkle001 on Jul 28, 2021, 3:42:22 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info