[3.14] CoC Poison Bladefall / Blade Blast Assassin | SSF Viable

"
ressiv wrote:
What do you think I should focus on next?

Nice ring! I think amulet anoint, cluster jewels, and weapon would be good upgrades. The dagger you posted wouldn't be as good as mortem morsu because the attack speed is quite low. You should get uber lab, drop no witnesses, and then you will have some points to spare. With mortem morsu perfect agony should be quite good (because of the 40 crit multi gets converted to dot multi). I usually farm essences in haewark for loathings and try to craft the weapon that way (imperial claw, imperial skean, or eye gouger would all be good bases to try).
"
efun wrote:
"
ressiv wrote:
What do you think I should focus on next?

Nice ring! I think amulet anoint, cluster jewels, and weapon would be good upgrades. The dagger you posted wouldn't be as good as mortem morsu because the attack speed is quite low. You should get uber lab, drop no witnesses, and then you will have some points to spare. With mortem morsu perfect agony should be quite good (because of the 40 crit multi gets converted to dot multi). I usually farm essences in haewark for loathings and try to craft the weapon that way (imperial claw, imperial skean, or eye gouger would all be good bases to try).

Thanks for these pointers! Would you prefer a claw or dagger in my situation?
Have any advice on getting the right oils? I just have some low ones.
Last edited by ressiv on Jun 16, 2021, 2:00:52 AM
"
ressiv wrote:

Thanks for these pointers! Would you prefer a claw or dagger in my situation?
Have any advice on getting the right oils? I just have some low ones.

I think imperial claw has best chance to hit decent (higher base attack speed) and give some extra sustain from life gain on hit, especially if you get crit + attack speed + open prefix. Keep picking up random claws/daggers though in case you get lucky.

For oils, just do as much blight content as possible. Demolition contracts can also drop oils. You can vendor 3->1 oils to upgrade them one tier (follow the tier list to see what you need to upgrade). Smashing Strikes is relatively cheap (2 azures, 1 violet), so you can for example upgrade teal->azure or indigo->violet.
hello efun!
thanks for the build it was really very well written.
I was wondering if beacon of madness would be a good item to use.
"
Lectival wrote:

I was wondering if beacon of madness would be a good item to use.

Hmm I've never used it, it seems fine for the % chaos damage - I assume you can't keep embrace madness on for too long, I guess the explode could be nice for clear. A hunter boot with faster poisons would be about the same DPS bonus but you could get better resists/life off it.
Hey do you mind taking a look at my char? Besides levels, I feel like I'm approaching max with the gear I have (and a second T1 attack speed driftwood).
I've gone for ailment immunity with just chest and boots, so I could fix resist with gloves. I also juiced the helmet for added phys and chaos damage to spells which is around 10% dps boost compared to just the chaos resist to enemies.
I've also been looking at various jewel options and applying a weighted search to find the best fit. Let me know what you think:
https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Ultimatum/Xea6zJJIP

"
Ronyxx wrote:
Hey do you mind taking a look at my char? Besides levels, I feel like I'm approaching max with the gear I have (and a second T1 attack speed driftwood).
I've gone for ailment immunity with just chest and boots, so I could fix resist with gloves. I also juiced the helmet for added phys and chaos damage to spells which is around 10% dps boost compared to just the chaos resist to enemies.
I've also been looking at various jewel options and applying a weighted search to find the best fit. Let me know what you think:
https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Ultimatum/Xea6zJJIP

Nice setup! The dual wield version feels like a proper softcore trade build to me (great DPS, just enough life to not die all the time).

You have the +1 max frenzy charge node but no way to generate frenzies so swap that off (I went with frenzy charge on hit chest which is why I took that node). Frenzy charge chest is a big DPS boost but really hard to fit in with resists/ailment avoid/life.

For crafting sceptre, if you have crit catalysed high rolled ungils (420% global crit chance), you can start with deafening essence of zeal instead of loathing because you can cap melee crit with only t2/t3 crit chance on weapon. Zeals were about 2x the price of loathing when I was crafting mine, but you have a 2x higher chance to hit a usable crit chance, so I went for that when crafting my second sceptre. Of course check on your PoB what crit chance on weapon you need to get 100% melee crit chance with flasks down and 4 poisons on enemy (in my case I think it was 28%).

The only thing missing from your weighted search is crit multi (which converts to chaos dot multi at 50% value due to perfect agony, slightly less if flasks are down/you're not spell crit capped). Options are:
- crit multi for spells (only on cobalts)
- global crit multi
- crit multi while dual wielding
Got these 2 items (shield needs rolling).

I dont have any aspect, but is it possible with some nodes to run another useful aura?

Just found this claw

Worth crafting something on it and use it over mortem morsu?
Last edited by ressiv on Jun 18, 2021, 11:08:31 AM
I made a Version of this build dual wielding 2 Cold iron points for the +6 skill gems without ungils harmony and i have 100% crit chance with 14.84 cyclone APS and im melting bosses in literally a couple seconds, I mainly focussed on scaling +level gems and got BB/BF to level 32.
https://pastebin.com/TBkrA9CM
"
RyKid3 wrote:
I made a Version of this build dual wielding 2 Cold iron points for the +6 skill gems without ungils harmony and i have 100% crit chance with 14.84 cyclone APS and im melting bosses in literally a couple seconds, I mainly focussed on scaling +level gems and got BB/BF to level 32.
https://pastebin.com/TBkrA9CM

Nice! Those gloves are insane, as well as the chest double corrupt.

Your crit chance is so high you can drop a bunch of melee crit and still be crit capped (even if you drop bottled faith and conc ground on PoB, you can set 4 poisons on enemy which you will hit within 300ms of cycloning or so).

The dagger nodes aren't very useful because your accuracy should be capped from precision + tree, your melee crit is capped, so all they do is attack speed - but there are a lot more juicy DPS nodes on the tree. If you don't mind dropping attack speed, you can get about double the damage by speccing damage nodes. For example: https://pastebin.com/xnhS3Qyu (this one is around 13aps and double the poison DPS)

Alternatively, you could drop some of the life/attack speed jewels and go for triple attack speed jewels, then take life nodes on the tree (should be more efficient than dagger nodes). For example, search for jewels with "attack speed with daggers" + ("attack speed with one-handed melee" OR "attack speed while dual wielding") + ("attack speed" OR "attack and cast speed").

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info