Streamer priority confirmed. PoE is free to play, so play it for free, but Boycott GGG.

when streamers rng will be nerfed?
Settlers master craft service Settlers My IGN TreeOfDead
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2037371 Vouch
Settlers veiled crafting all service all crafts mods
Settlers SC master craft service Settlers SC craft mod!
Veiled crafting Service Settlers craft PM: TreeOfDead
Dear diary
Today i added two new words to my vocabulary i will never be able to use in a sentence

nadir : nā-ˌdir - the lowest point

specious : spē-shəs - having a false look of truth or genuineness

on topic
clarification for anyone who wanted to know what these words mean in context without context.

“The axe forgets what the tree remembers.” - Shona tribe, Zimbabwe
"
isnotonline wrote:
Dear diary
Today i added two new words to my vocabulary i will never be able to use in a sentence

nadir : nā-ˌdir - the lowest point

specious : spē-shəs - having a false look of truth or genuineness

on topic
clarification for anyone who wanted to know what these words mean in context without context.

¨

+1
If it's any consolation, I had to decide whether GGG's decision to give streamers log-in priority on launch day should be portrayed as the nadir of their ethical standards or the peak of their willingness to put greed before the needs of their actual customers. Not that they're mutually exclusive (heck, they're probably complementary) but eh, one sentence at a time.

Specious is fun to throw in there, but verisimilitude (the appearance of being true or real) is even better. E.g 'GGG's apology for what was clearly a conscious and measured decision to choose money over ethics bears some verisimilitude', in that it is in their character to apologise not just for things that genuinely go awry (see: subtle fuckery of launch day servers on fire) but things they know they've done wrong (see: giving streamers access to said server while denying it of everyone else because if you're going to let anyone on, might as well be your best earners; see also 'setting big piles of money on fire'), often in the same instance. This is, in itself, a subtle fuckery: a sincere apology for something out of their control paired with a token one for something completely in their control. This makes it very easy for less-astute readers to just see one apology, thereby reducing it all to one issue: problems on launch day. Snafu. No worries, shit happens, thanks for saying sorry, love you guys, uwu, take my money.

Anyone still paying attention here knows that wasn't the case.

https://linktr.ee/wjameschan -- everything I've ever done worth talking about, and even that is debatable.
Last edited by Foreverhappychan on May 2, 2021, 12:23:15 AM
^ yep
Any signature worth using is against the rules. Therefore, no signature will be found here.
"
isnotonline wrote:

Well, thats a nice one! Thanks.
"
LanPirot wrote:
"
isnotonline wrote:

Agreed, that's painfully on-point.
https://linktr.ee/wjameschan -- everything I've ever done worth talking about, and even that is debatable.
"
"
LanPirot wrote:
"
isnotonline wrote:

Agreed, that's painfully on-point.

Rather weak analogy. It is most recent. It isn't that they don't remember. It is that not everyone has the same heart as you do.

"Right and wrong are not what separate us and our enemies. It's our different standpoints, our perspectives that separate us. Both sides blame one another. There's no good or bad side. Just two sides holding different views." ~Squall Leonhart - Final Fantasy VIII
Takes an impressive amount of gall to denigrate a traditional saying probably hundreds if not thousands of years old, one that quite aptly points out that those who do the damage are apt to forget it much quicker than those who are damaged, and then quote a fucking Final Fantasy game mostly about angsty teens not realising they've forgotten the damage done to them, and NOT really remembered for its stands-the-test-of-time writing (heck of a soundtrack though)...but hey, I admire gall, so you do you.

"
awesome999 wrote:
"
isnotonline wrote:

Rather weak analogy. It is most recent. It isn't that they don't remember. It is that not everyone has the same heart as you do.

"Right and wrong are not what separate us and our enemies. It's our different standpoints, our perspectives that separate us. Both sides blame one another. There's no good or bad side. Just two sides holding different views." ~Squall Leonhart - Final Fantasy VIII

I don't think you understand what the phrase is conveying which is especially weird since your quote both hits on the point and misses it completely.

The quoted phrase hinges upon the two different viewpoints. The axe may cut into 50 trees per day, asking it to remember what it was biting into at 8 AM on Tuesday of last week will have been forgotten by now as it is just one of many. But to the injured party, the tree, who is not used to being chopped into, it will remember long into the future - and the more damage done, the bigger the scar and the longer the memory.

The differing viewpoints is the absolute essence of the quote.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info