Spell Totem

If i put spell totem on ice lance and faster casting the totem of course cast ice lance faster.. now does a passive cast speed node affect that as well?

i mean if invest point on passive casting speed noded it only affect the my speed of casting the totem or the totem casting speed aswell?
yes, it uses your stats to cast your spell.
Is it possible for a Spell totem to cast other Totems? Decoy Totem, would be a prime example of what I am interested in.
I have been trying to find out reply for this question for like two days, without success.

If you pick RESOLUTE TECHNIQUE, which prevents YOU (player) from critting - can your SPELL TOTEM still crit and inflict status alignments like burning, shock and frozen?

Logic would say YES, since if you pick the +1 totem skill, you still can deal damage via totems and with traps, since YOU aren't the source.

Please confirm.
Composer, sound designer, game designer, producer, gaming journalist, gamer.
www.soundcloud.com/Artifex28
"
SevFi wrote:
Is it possible for a Spell totem to cast other Totems? Decoy Totem, would be a prime example of what I am interested in.

No.
Composer, sound designer, game designer, producer, gaming journalist, gamer.
www.soundcloud.com/Artifex28
"
nocebo wrote:
If you pick RESOLUTE TECHNIQUE, which prevents YOU (player) from critting - can your SPELL TOTEM still crit and inflict status alignments like burning, shock and frozen?

Totems cast the skill 'for you', using your stats.
Let me ask the previous question again, when you cast the totem, do they inherit the stats you have at that moment, or follow any changes, such as righteous fire togglet on/off?
Sorry if this has been answered, but I can't seem to find the answer.
Let's say you have two separate spell gems linked to one spell totem. How is this handled? Which gem is used, and when?

Thanks
Spell Totem is a support gem. You don't cast Spell Totem. Instead, you cast Ice Spear, which is linked to ST.

Linking Spell Totem to two different skill gems is no different from linking LMP, Leech or IIQ. You still have two separate skills. :)
Google seems to have failed me, but does spell totem inherit my increased item rarity/quantity, or does it only have IIR/IIQ if linked to the item find/quantity gem? I assume it takes whatever total amount I have and uses it, just wanted confirmation.
Last edited by The_Dude on Feb 7, 2013, 12:12:20 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info