[3.24]The Arachnophobia Allstars|Chaos Guardian CI|The dirty Scorpion-tail|Herald of Agony 50-150M

"
haip0r wrote:
Hey I'm a bit late to the party, just wanted to ask how I should proceed to boost damage etc. May one of you could have a look into it :)?

https://pastebin.com/2tqjYrPQ

Hi hai!

The party welcomes!

You need "withering touch" instead "minion damage" for the spider-supports and 15 withers add a lot jam and damage.
With the HoA's tail attack in the pob-configuration, it's the used standard attack, you reach then 6.1M damage, that is already great.

In your set-up change for more continuous singletarget-virulences stormbrands to ball-lightnings.
Or instead add "serpentine spellslinger" and change "chance to poison" to ball-lightnings or hydrosphere.

Perhaps ingame "sniper's mark" and "spirit offering" don't trigger because you have too low unreserved mana. Swap in the "energy-shield-mastery" of "unnatural calm" to "increased efficiencies of discipline".

A Divergent HoAg-gem-lvl 21 would be great and instead the basalt-flask try out a bottled faith. To further improve raise your HoAg to lvl 31 and/ or voices clusters for 2 more "pure agony" and 70 virulences. When you are tanky enough (a large spellblock-cluster and/ or watcher's eye would cap your very valuable spellblock) you can change "essence surge" and the 1 lost es-leech-passive and 1 lost unnatural-calm-passive to the "redemption" minion-mastery.

https://pastebin.com/A59hTLCG

You have very nice gear already and with these fast changes there will be much more party and damage, hehe!
Last edited by Chromino on Jul 6, 2022, 11:24:58 AM
Hello, sooo love the build. Already feel tankier than the WardLoop i was playing earlier.

A few questions tho. Im looking to increase my dmg. Idk if PoB is setup correctly tho it says i got almost 6mil Dps, would love to reach around the 10-11mil mark.

Got currency obvs to spare, but i dont know what to upgrade.

Was looking into getting Awk Melee Physical Support. But i could see in the guide, you also wrote something about Awk Melee Splash.

I kinda wanna up my dmg, for some smoother and slighty faster mapping.

Also i cannot figure out how im going to enable Despair or Vulne Curse on ring, without losing my fire res. But if i go away from Fire res, i lose my cap obvs.

Any suggestion would be greatly appreciated. Hope it aint too much <3

Here's my PoB https://pastebin.com/PnQ27xax
"
You need "withering touch" instead "minion damage" for the spider-supports and 15 withers add a lot jam and damage.
With the HoA's tail attack in the pob-configuration, it's the used standard attack, you reach then 6.1M damage, that is already great.

Changed!

"
Perhaps ingame "sniper's mark" and "spirit offering" don't trigger because you have too low unreserved mana. Swap in the "energy-shield-mastery" of "unnatural calm" to "increased efficiencies of discipline".

Done! :)

"
A Divergent HoAg-gem-lvl 21 would be great and instead the basalt-flask try out a bottled faith. To further improve raise your HoAg to lvl 31 and/ or voices clusters for 2 more "pure agony" and 70 virulences. When you are tanky enough (a large spellblock-cluster and/ or watcher's eye would cap your very valuable spellblock) you can change "essence surge" and the 1 lost es-leech-passive and 1 lost unnatural-calm-passive to the "redemption" minion-mastery.

Bought a 3 nothing Voices, any examples for a setup then? Gonna buy a Div.HoAg soon aswell.

Thank you so much :)

Edit: Had this thing in mind for Spellblock https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Sentinel/8yE055BuV OUTDATED

EDIT: End of the day, much work into the build. https://pastebin.com/RSBBaHw2
Last edited by haip0r on Jul 6, 2022, 9:28:08 PM
Hi Chromino, loving the build so far as a returning player who hasn't played in a couple of years, it's nice being very tanky to learn all the different league mechanics and boss fights :)

https://pastebin.com/DDYgrjnq - this is what I have thrown together since I started playing again about 2 weeks ago (work has been incredibly busy lately so I only get a few hours here and there a week). Would love to get your advice on the most important upgrades I should aim for next, keeping in mind that I have around 5-7ex available at most.

Spoiler
- Aul's Uprising (Grace 3ex~, Determination 5ex+)
- Corrupted Aegis (Grace 1ex+, Determination 5ex+)
- Crafted gloves (unsure of crafting cost, there's a few bad options for under an ex but I don't think they're an upgrade over Kalisa's Grace)
- Crafted boots (unsure of crafting cost, there's some cheap options on the market but Rainbowstride are still holding up very well)
- Determination efficiency rare amulet (cheaper alternative to Aul's, although weaker overall as the cheap ones typically don't have great mods)
- Despair on Hit ring (hard to price, cheap ones are trash)

I've managed T16s/Guardians fine and plan on giving Shaper and Elder a go at the weekend when I have time. Do you think I would be strong enough currently to start farming some juiced maps to generate more currency, or should I focus on some easier bosses first? Really loving the build and your incredibly detailed guide, and hopefully I can continue to improve and push higher content in preparation for next league!!
"
iRektDevils wrote:
Hello, sooo love the build. Already feel tankier than the WardLoop i was playing earlier.

A few questions tho. Im looking to increase my dmg. Idk if PoB is setup correctly tho it says i got almost 6mil Dps, would love to reach around the 10-11mil mark.

Was looking into getting Awk Melee Physical Support. But i could see in the guide, you also wrote something about Awk Melee Splash.

Also i cannot figure out how im going to enable Despair or Vulne Curse on ring, without losing my fire res. But if i go away from Fire res, i lose my cap obvs.

Divergent melee splash is much better than awakened.

Awakened chain or Awakened fork is better than damage on full life, but you'll need to get new armor to fit it. Both will help clear significantly. Pierce would be the 3rd choice (worst of the 3).

Awakened unbound ailments instead of regular unbound ailments.

Triad grips with all white sockets is a major damage boost, but it's difficult to keep max virulences with self-cast BL in those gems.

The defensive cluster, of course, lowers your damage.

You have a wasted point in spell shield damage, move that to cult leader. Instant 35% damage increase.

My build is around 12m damage for mapping, 16m when I swap 2 gems for single target. I have an easy time with everything but uber bosses. You can compare.
"
iRektDevils wrote:

It's like Valsacar writes. You have great gear and must choose the balance of damage and defences.

Most would help balance into minionmastery or chaosmastery, vile toxins instead damage on full life, a better ring (circle of nostalgia or curse). Resis you need more on the clustertransfers, path a bit different with holydominion or choose alira banditreward. Or you can swap the elements of resis with craftings in harvest.

You should be already very tanky and could regret passives like righteous decree or wicked ward - but that's always about needed tankyness or needed damage.

With this tree you cap your valuable spellblock 75% and get much more damage and more virulences, but will loose wicked ward, attackblock, 1% fire resi and es:

https://pastebin.com/ukZitTFi

It's not easy to decide....

Last edited by Chromino on Jul 7, 2022, 2:04:35 PM
"
Chromino wrote:

Of course it's beside also a question of favour - which skill is most fun to play for yourself.

How is animate weapon doing as guardian? A very nice old skill.

Agree on that.

As for AW - kinda felt nostalgetic (built a very strong inquisitor in 3.13 with ~90m dps) and decided to try it this league.

Didn't push it far, just killed some ubers and got in poe.ninja rankings as the only guardian using animated weapon xD

Mostly was doing research about mechanics, variations and stuff without investing hundreds of exalts in 1 build. Got some nice ideas, and that's it. Will keep them for future.

Still strong and clunky as always, nothing changed.

Your build was a great experience for me. All that work, discussions and theory helped me to get a deeper understanding about defensive mechanics and some useful interactions, so i can build my characters in a better way now.

And yep, i had a really smooth start w/o any issues at any stage of the progress with my AW guardian bc of that.

Thanks a lot.

Currently, i'm not sure if i will play herald of agony next couple of leagues bc there are too many things i want to try with AW, but i'm sure i will contribute to this thread again some day (p.s. like, ugh, today...xD)

The concept of hoag guardian is just too good, and i can't deny that.

As for page 334, I think I'll add Valsacars build there, since right now it's just better than mine was. He played that variant for 3 leagues in a row now, and done more than me with it =)

Oh, and I will also add some other pobs too, with melding flesh and another body armor. Basically, will share some stuff I came up with while discussing things with Valsacar.
"
haip0r wrote:
"

Changed!

"

Done! :)

"

Bought a 3 nothing Voices, any examples for a setup then? Gonna buy a Div.HoAg soon aswell.

Thank you so much :)

Edit: Had this thing in mind for Spellblock https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Sentinel/8yE055BuV OUTDATED

EDIT: End of the day, much work into the build. https://pastebin.com/RSBBaHw2

Hehe, loooks great and interesting with 2x sublime form. 2 passives "faith and steel" offer another 8% reis if needed and some es. With 2 passives more you should be at 12M damage and ready for almost all high content. I would only advice to add in "vaal discipline" - it's one of the best vaal skills.

Almost everytime the rare medium clusters with jewel socket are the best - only in a few set-ups uniques can be stronger.
"
Hi Chromino, loving the build so far as a returning player who hasn't played in a couple of years, it's nice being very tanky to learn all the different league mechanics and boss fights :)

https://pastebin.com/DDYgrjnq - this is what I have thrown together since I started playing again about 2 weeks ago (work has been incredibly busy lately so I only get a few hours here and there a week). Would love to get your advice on the most important upgrades I should aim for next, keeping in mind that I have around 5-7ex available at most.

Spoiler
- Aul's Uprising (Grace 3ex~, Determination 5ex+)
- Corrupted Aegis (Grace 1ex+, Determination 5ex+)
- Crafted gloves (unsure of crafting cost, there's a few bad options for under an ex but I don't think they're an upgrade over Kalisa's Grace)
- Crafted boots (unsure of crafting cost, there's some cheap options on the market but Rainbowstride are still holding up very well)
- Determination efficiency rare amulet (cheaper alternative to Aul's, although weaker overall as the cheap ones typically don't have great mods)
- Despair on Hit ring (hard to price, cheap ones are trash)

I've managed T16s/Guardians fine and plan on giving Shaper and Elder a go at the weekend when I have time. Do you think I would be strong enough currently to start farming some juiced maps to generate more currency, or should I focus on some easier bosses first? Really loving the build and your incredibly detailed guide, and hopefully I can continue to improve and push higher content in preparation for next league!!

Hi DoYouWantFriesWithThat!

Hehe, thank you a lot too! That means much to me when the allstars enjoy!

When I configured correct you are dealing around 4M damage - that is enough for mapping. For shaper it's okay, for multiple-juided maps you need balance some passives into damage overall. In your set-up it's still complex to add triad grips, so when you need some damage perhaps try a chaos golem with feeding frenzy or selfcast spirit offering against shaper.

I would focus first on:

- aul's uprising - it's extreme strong in the build for managing the auras. Then you could go fullblock with tempestshield instead glancing blows already.
- granted skill of aegis, when grace is cheap take it.
- Cheap you get next a nice strong watcher's eyes too and a "corrupted blood cannot be inflicted"-implicit would be a lot qol. Start with a cheap budget 2 weak skills one
- Last Divergent HoAg lvl 21 grants more poisonchance, virulences and damage.

That would be first the largest upgrades I guess. Boots and gloves are often very cheap in trade or you can craft yourself too.

They will improve stats much into full tankyness.

Last edited by Chromino on Jul 7, 2022, 7:00:28 PM
Quick question about a weird problem. Just cobbled this together and it's not finished (flasks, jewels etc) and it's already tanky as a battleship. When I was puttering around and switched off Grace my recoverable ES goes from 4100 or so down to 84. I was going to switch off grace for purity of elements to do a synthesized map and to temporarily boost the damage until I get more levels using mothers embrace belt and vinktars etc. Figured in my current configuration it needs a damage boost as t16 and guardian bossing is tedious at under 1 million dps. Anyways removing the grace gem doesnt seem to help. When I change instances it goes down to 84 energy shield. https://pastebin.com/fXhnuxq4 POB shows the recoverable ES dropping to 84 also when grace is turned off but I dont see where that interaction is coming from. Any help appreciated.

Solved. Ghost Shroud. Might have to get another Skin or work around it. No biggie just trying to boost damage to level up faster.
Last edited by ZRzAJBlvNx on Jul 8, 2022, 11:36:37 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info