[3.15]💥Dang's Infernal Trinity Palm Raider 💥 Explosions W/O Massive cost.🔨Crafting Section🔨

"
Dolmur wrote:
"
Constermock wrote:
Only thing I could think of would be maybe vengeful commander is buffing your hatred too much or something. I've had trinity on every boss fight i've done. I have noticed it not proc in heist sometimes for some reason, although for me it was fire not building, but never on bosses.

Take a video like mine on a simple map boss with no other monsters, letting all your resonance fall off before starting, I'd be curious to see if it really is working for you.

I hopped into a Dunes map, made sure the boss was alone and tested it, worked for me. Sometimes the lightning resonance would take 2 smacks but I did have all 3 in the end. No flasks, no totems, just right click.
Last edited by QkiPie on Feb 10, 2021, 3:17:50 PM
I've done some more thinking, and I believe there is actually a way for Trinity to work that I've probably broken by scaling my cold damage significantly. There are a lot of moving parts to manage and changing any of them could break the balance -

1. Damage Conversion: We have 40% converted to cold, and 60% converted to fire.
2. Extra Damage as X: We have many potential sources of this. Hatred: Base 25% extra cold. Scaled by aura effect from base passives, brutal restraint bonuses, and Vengeful Commander. Brutal Restraint: Can give 5% as extra cold per node. Taste of Hate: 20% as extra cold. Herald of Ash: 15% as extra fire.
3. More X Damage: All equal between fire and cold except for Hatred's 18% more cold damage, which is again scaled by all the things mentioned in (2).
4. Added X Damage: This is the kicker that may actually make Trinity work given certain setups. I didn't previously notice this but Infernal Blow adds a small amount of base fire damage, which won't go through any of the damage conversion and will be rolled separately, allowing for variation between the amount of fire vs cold damage in a given hit. For me, this comes out to 5002 to 7535 fire damage after all modifiers have been applied.

Based on this I think it would be possible to randomly roll back and forth between cold and fire dominant hits if our final total converted fire damage minus the 5002 to 7535 in my case, is within 2532 (7534 - 5002 = 2532) of our final converted cold damage.

I'm going to see if there's a way for me to modify my setup without messing up all my gear that would get me within those bounds. If this fixes it, this sadly means we'll want to avoid sources of gain extra phys as cold including taste of hate and brutal restraint nodes :(
Last edited by Dolmur on Feb 10, 2021, 3:38:47 PM
T16, no map mods, I do it a few times. There's a time that my cold doesn't activate right away if I only hit for less than a second or something upon other testing but they all activate upon just full on attacking.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Aeo0TTkw_A

Edit: I saw your post about taste of hate and I have no problem using that either even though I didn't in the video.
Last edited by Constermock on Feb 10, 2021, 3:34:45 PM
"
Constermock wrote:
T16, no map mods, I do it a few times. There's a time that my cold doesn't activate right away if I only hit for less than a second or something upon other testing but they all activate upon just full on attacking.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Aeo0TTkw_A

Edit: I saw your post about taste of hate and I have no problem using that either even though I didn't in the video.

Can I see your PoB? More examples gives me more data which can help me sort out what's going on.
Also why my trinity is not triggering properly? I only see cold and the other but never fire:

Maybe the issue is that I'm not using the watcher eye for phys to cold?

Last edited by Adrazazael on Feb 10, 2021, 3:43:52 PM
"
Adrazazael wrote:
Also why my trinity is not triggering properly? I only see cold and the other but never fire:

You need either the Winter Spirit nodes or phys to cold watcher's eye.
"
Can I see your PoB? More examples gives me more data which can help me sort out what's going on.

https://pastebin.com/AbJZTpeZ

"

If you don't have the watcher's eye you have to take the cold conversion nodes in the tree. Winter Spirit.
Maybe some node on the timeless jewel is screwing it up?
So doing it like this will balance it?

Absolutely loving the build. Mapping is great and single boss fights are also excellent. Elder and A8 sirus down deathless.

However - I am struggling to survive during maven multiboss fights, shaper and uber elder. It seems like the damage seems to drop off somehow? In addition, survivability is tricky with flasks running out and it does feel very squishy some times.

Any tips would be appreciated.

POB if anyone wouldn't mind taking a look.

I know i need more dex on ring and belt but It's all I could afford/make at the time.

https://pastebin.com/rdaeHNgG
Last edited by olliehax on Feb 10, 2021, 4:35:24 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info