[3.24] SRS Bomber aka Popcorn SRS | League Start to Endgame | All Content

"
Weo_ wrote:

Are you Sure about the crit applying to the MI explosions? I always was under the impression Minion crit didn't influence the MI explosion damage.

Minion instability has a 0% chance to crit. So unless you specifically built it, no it doesn't crit naturally. However, the new gem says Minion hits ALWAYS crit and the explosion is a hit. Hard to see in PoB what this will mean for the explosion damage as you can link an Increased Critical Strikes gem with +2% chance to crit to see the explosion damage go up, 2% is not 100% though, so the damage should be even more significant depending on how many multipliers you can stack. Its Always crit so you don't have to stack crit chance.

Also with the crits, that means everything gonna be ignited, so no need to try for sources of minion ignite like Raise and Pillage.
Last edited by vylettes on Dec 7, 2023, 1:34:08 PM
"

vylettes wrote:
Hard to see in PoB what this will mean for the explosion damage as you can link an Increased Critical Strikes gem with +2% chance to crit to see the explosion damage go up, 2% is not 100% though, so the damage should be even more significant depending on how many multipliers you can stack.

This line simulates "always Crit" in POB:

Minions have +100% to critical strike chance
(not to be confused with "100% increased critical strike chance").

As explosions are hits, my assumption currently is crits do apply to it.
Ultimately we'll have to test.

What I haven't been able to find out reliably is the base Crit Multiplier that applies to minions in general and SRS explosions specifically.
I read 50% in some sources.
POB seems to simulate specifically the SRS Explosion crit with ~30% Crit multi.
So minion crit multi is supposed to be +30% in 3.22 that would make srs have +70% not bad

by tweeking i was able to get my guardian up to 16 mil vs pinnacle with 6 srs and that would perfectle match my playstyle.
I'm still optimizing ad have lots of space to improve but planning to switch to a mom necro later and i got my build to round up to 22m on pinnacle (this is without adjusting or having near perfect gear).

Excluding the diadem i should be able to get everything (if rngesus is willing) by week 2ish.
Hey

"
Weo_ wrote:

TL/DR: sadly I'd say the Build is still dead. :-(

In what way is it ?
I was about to suggest it to a friend who is new to the game, for next league.
He does not play a lot, mostly done around red maps, and likes a simple build.
https://www.youtube.com/user/PeipeMasta
"
vylettes wrote:
"
Weo_ wrote:

Are you Sure about the crit applying to the MI explosions? I always was under the impression Minion crit didn't influence the MI explosion damage.

Minion instability has a 0% chance to crit. So unless you specifically built it, no it doesn't crit naturally. However, the new gem says Minion hits ALWAYS crit and the explosion is a hit. Hard to see in PoB what this will mean for the explosion damage as you can link an Increased Critical Strikes gem with +2% chance to crit to see the explosion damage go up, 2% is not 100% though, so the damage should be even more significant depending on how many multipliers you can stack. Its Always crit so you don't have to stack crit chance.

Also with the crits, that means everything gonna be ignited, so no need to try for sources of minion ignite like Raise and Pillage.

Didn't think about it like that, that sounds really interesting.

That opens quite few ways of scaling the damage.

Let's do some math (correct me if I'm wrong)

Assuming you qould stay at the 6 Spirits cap.
With tavukai (with 0 chaos res on it) it takes 2.5 seconds until the spirit reaches low life (20% life as chaos damage per second).
Without any cast speed and no unleash you get 1.25 (0.8s Base cast speed) Spirits per second.
That are 1.25*2.5=3.125 spirits are summoned until your first Spirit explodes.
If you want to stay below 6 Spirits at anytime, let's say 5,95, you could get upto 90% increased cast speed on your gear: 1.25*1.90*2.5=5.95

With unleash (Assuming no seals) you get an additional Spirit every 0.71 seconds at level 20). That would take us to 1.25*2.5 + 1.4*2.5 = 6.65.
Which would be too many. With unleash at level 1, we would be at 5.9 Spirits.... hmm :-)

We could dropp unleash, which opens a slot for a damage multiplier, critical damage could be a viable option here.

But I'm still concerned of the feeling for only having out 6 Spirits at once. Atleast clear wise, this could turn into an excellent Boss Killer though. (not zhp Boss deleting one, but still ;-))
Poeatlas.app
running on pob it is very much possible.

Idk your playstyle but in maps i need 1 or 2 skulls per mob group so i would usually use unleash for the 3 then dash to the next and repeat.

also being so tanky let me swap out the belt slot for a siegebreaker.
"
Ozon3HD wrote:
So minion crit multi is supposed to be +30% in 3.22 that would make srs have +70% not bad

by tweeking i was able to get my guardian up to 16 mil vs pinnacle with 6 srs and that would perfectle match my playstyle.
I'm still optimizing ad have lots of space to improve but planning to switch to a mom necro later and i got my build to round up to 22m on pinnacle (this is without adjusting or having near perfect gear).

Excluding the diadem i should be able to get everything (if rngesus is willing) by week 2ish.

Could you share your pob?
Poeatlas.app
i am currently remaking is as i was on another pc shouldn't take long.
"
DjParagon wrote:
Hey

"
Weo_ wrote:

TL/DR: sadly I'd say the Build is still dead. :-(

In what way is it ?
I was about to suggest it to a friend who is new to the game, for next league.
He does not play a lot, mostly done around red maps, and likes a simple build.

We are still debating on that ;-)

Fact is that normal gem received a heavy nerf. It would basically be like playing on a five link (30-40% less damage)

The build should still take you through the campaign and likely somewhere into yellow maps, but I'd expect the damage to drop off noticeable at some point there.

If you are not expecting to do ubers on the build you can still play it.

Maybe we will figure out some tweaks to make it all content viable in the meantime, but I just don't want to get people hopes up so that they endup disappointed.
Poeatlas.app
"
Weo_ wrote:
Maybe we will figure out some tweaks to make it all content viable in the meantime, but I just don't want to get people hopes up so that they endup disappointed.

Ah thanks for the reply man. Cool that you guys are checking it.

I will probably go with normal SRS anyway for now, maybe guardian for my friend but I have a till next week before he starts playing. Will see how this thread goes ^^

Cheers
https://www.youtube.com/user/PeipeMasta

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info