40% alternate quality gem ?

Hey guys.

Im into the challanges and one of them is :
- have a socketed gem with Alternate Quality that has at least 40% quality

What is this gem ? After corruption u can get 23% quality, right ? How can we make 40% quality ? Or I am missing something here ? Tried to search on google but didnt found any info.
Last bumped on Nov 2, 2020, 12:38:07 AM
haku craft mod and
This is the start of forum signature: I am not a GGG employee. About the username: Did you know Kowloon Gundam is made in Neo Hong Kong?

quote from the first page: "Please post one thread per issue, and check the forum for similar posts first"

This is the end of forum signature
ah ty lvl 4 enhance will do the job
"
sueka88 wrote:
ah ty lvl 4 enhance will do the job

except in my 4 year of POE gaming life, no luck to vaaling one....

It is much cheap to buy Haku vaal mod and lv 3 enhance
This is the start of forum signature: I am not a GGG employee. About the username: Did you know Kowloon Gundam is made in Neo Hong Kong?

quote from the first page: "Please post one thread per issue, and check the forum for similar posts first"

TL;DR:

Get an Enhance

Long way:

"Socketed" gem it says.

When you socket a gem, any boost on quality and level granted by modifiers or Support gems or Ascendancies is reflected into the gem. For example, socketing a Lv20 Fireball inside a Voidbringer will actually show the gem is Lv21, with a tooltip "+1 Level from equipment".

In other words, what you have to do for a "40% quality alternate gem" is to reach 20% then use equipment to boost it:

> +8%, 16%, 24% quality granted by, respectively, Level 2, 3 and 4 Enhance
> 5-8% quality granted by Haku Metacraft mod (you may want to farm Syndicate members a bit for unlocking this recipe, or hold onto any item dropped by him which has this mod. Also, 7-8% mod costs 1 Exalted so you might want to limit yourself to the 5-7% craft which is "only" 8 GCP
> +3% quality if you corrupt the gem and manage to get the best out of a 20/20 gem in terms of quality. I suggest double corruption so that increase the chance of not bricking the gem
> +10% Quality from Dialla's Malefaction if you socket that skill gem in a Green Socket (Armour ignores socket colour)
> +30-50% Quality from the new Crest of Desire helm

Assuming your gem is a 1/20, some possibilities are:

> any quality-enhancing gem + Lv3 Enhance (or Lv2 Enhance if you craft quality boost on a +1 gem level weapon)
> A lv2 Enhance socketed in a Red Socket in Dialla's Malefaction, while linked to the 1/20 gem
> A lv1 Enhance socketed in a Red Socket in a Dialla's Malefaction, while linked to the 1/20 gem socketed in a Green socket (fastest and easier)
> Socket in any Crest gg ez

EDIT: highlighted a faster and cheapier way to get the challenge without resorting to an actual Lv3 Enhance

Last edited by Maxtrux on Oct 2, 2020, 8:21:44 AM
"
Maxtrux wrote:
TL;DR:

Get an Enhance

Long way:

"Socketed" gem it says.

When you socket a gem, any boost on quality and level granted by modifiers or Support gems or Ascendancies is reflected into the gem. For example, socketing a Lv20 Fireball inside a Voidbringer will actually show the gem is Lv21, with a tooltip "+1 Level from equipment".

In other words, what you have to do for a "40% quality alternate gem" is to reach 20% then use equipment to boost it:

> 5-8% quality granted by Haku Metacraft mod (you may want to farm Syndicate members a bit for unlocking this recipe, or hold onto any item dropped by him which has this mod. Also, 7-8% mod costs 1 Exalted so you might want to limit yourself to the 5-7% craft which is "only" 8 GCP
> +3% quality if you corrupt the gem and manage to get the best out of a 20/20 gem in terms of quality. I suggest double corruption so that increase the chance of not bricking the gem
> +10% Quality from Dialla's Malefaction if you socket that skill gem in a Green Socket (Armour ignores socket colour)

> any quality-enhancing gem + Lv3 Enhance (or Lv2 Enhance if you craft quality boost on a +1 gem level weapon)
> A lv2 Enhance socketed in a Red Socket in Dialla's Malefaction, while linked to the 1/20 gem
> A lv1 Enhance socketed in a Red Socket in a Dialla's Malefaction, while linked to the 1/20 gem socketed in a Green socket (fastest and easier)

EDIT: highlighted a faster and cheapier way to get the challenge without resorting to an actual Lv3 Enhance

Or replica voideye
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" - Edmund Burke
"
Maxtrux wrote:
TL;DR:

Get an Enhance

Long way:

"Socketed" gem it says.

Yeah, if you found "+1 to support gem" and "+1 to socketed gem" item also work. It juiced the enhance gem

Even more crazy if you have fossil crafted one. But as i said, Haku probably cheapest

These are legacy items as example
Spoiler

This (green socket) and level 2 enhance (red socket) gives a total of 46 qualiy
Last edited by Fumina on Oct 2, 2020, 8:03:31 PM
"
Fumina wrote:

yeah forget this 1c chest too.

"
neohongkong wrote:
"
Fumina wrote:

yeah forget this 1c chest too.

That's why I underlined it in my post...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info