[3.12] Sword & Board Smite Juggernaut - D3 Style (All Uniques!), Fast, Tanky, Fun, Cheap to Start

"
Criiq wrote:

Ahha! I knew I saw it somewhere, thank you!

Also, I love the rage combo. Something else to potentially support it: 4% reduced duration of curses on you per 10 devotion on the timeless jewel. With your tree, it should bring the duration of Temporal Chains on us to just over 2.5s so it should be even more comfortable without a warding flask. I just bought one so I'll let you know how it goes!

I don't think it's worth giving up +30% Shock effect for a bit shorter Temporal, but if you feel that's better, sure.

EDIT: Actually, messing around with this some more I think using Warding all the time might be the best option. And that mod you mention to decrease curse duration, might not be as good as it may appear.

I have found that since we are unaffected by Temporal Chains, I actually want it to stay with me for as long as I can.

Think about this:

1) You pop Berserk at 60 Rage and it starts counting down
2) You get below 25 rage, get hit and gain Temporal (you are still under the Berserk effect)
3) Now carry the Temporal as long as you can and as soon as Berserk or Temporal are about to expire, pop Warding > Max Rage > Berserk again.

Pretty powerful sequence!

EDIT 2: Friend just made me realize the Temporal will make Beserk last longer too! So yeah, decreasing duration of curses on us is not a good way to go. Either way, thanks for the suggestion. It happens to me often that I have what seems to be a great idea, only to realize 2 minutes later I was barking up the wrong tree ;)
Last edited by corosou on Oct 27, 2020, 11:05:11 PM
3.12 Update: Self-Curse > Max Rage > Beserk setup

Hi guys,

Here's the setup:

I dropped "Inspiration" on Leap, added "Temporal".

Now we don't need to wait to get hit to gain max rage, just pick any mob, cast temporal once and done!

This is some crazy shit... Max Rage + Berserk ON DEMAND!

Wow...

Enjoy!
Last edited by corosou on Oct 28, 2020, 1:34:43 AM
"
corosou wrote:
"
Criiq wrote:

Ahha! I knew I saw it somewhere, thank you!

Also, I love the rage combo. Something else to potentially support it: 4% reduced duration of curses on you per 10 devotion on the timeless jewel. With your tree, it should bring the duration of Temporal Chains on us to just over 2.5s so it should be even more comfortable without a warding flask. I just bought one so I'll let you know how it goes!

I don't think it's worth giving up +30% Shock effect for a bit shorter Temporal, but if you feel that's better, sure.

EDIT: Actually, messing around with this some more I think using Warding all the time might be the best option. And that mod you mention to decrease curse duration, might not be as good as it may appear.

I have found that since we are unaffected by Temporal Chains, I actually want it to stay with me for as long as I can.

Think about this:

1) You pop Berserk at 60 Rage and it starts counting down
2) You get below 25 rage, get hit and gain Temporal (you are still under the Berserk effect)
3) Now carry the Temporal as long as you can and as soon as Berserk or Temporal are about to expire, pop Warding > Max Rage > Berserk again.

Pretty powerful sequence!

EDIT 2: Friend just made me realize the Temporal will make Beserk last longer too! So yeah, decreasing duration of curses on us is not a good way to go. Either way, thanks for the suggestion. It happens to me often that I have what seems to be a great idea, only to realize 2 minutes later I was barking up the wrong tree ;)

Good call on all of that! The primary reason I was even trying it was because the reduced duration of curses jewels were so much cheaper than the *actually* good ones. I guess I was trying to make lemonade out of oranges (or something like that), but you're absolutely right: totally counterproductive. In playing tonight, always have a warding flask on has definitely felt the smoothest.

Now, regarding the Shackles of the Wretched. That's a hilarious combo (major props on finding it), but I'll be curious to see whether in practice it's actually worth dropping a "real" pair of gauntlets for it. I'll definitely be giving its a shot too!
"
Criiq wrote:

Good call on all of that! The primary reason I was even trying it was because the reduced duration of curses jewels were so much cheaper than the *actually* good ones. I guess I was trying to make lemonade out of oranges (or something like that), but you're absolutely right: totally counterproductive. In playing tonight, always have a warding flask on has definitely felt the smoothest.

Now, regarding the Shackles of the Wretched. That's a hilarious combo (major props on finding it), but I'll be curious to see whether in practice it's actually worth dropping a "real" pair of gauntlets for it. I'll definitely be giving its a shot too!

Yeap, I feel you. I wanted to try one of the non-curse effect + elem dmg, but they are like 20ex and F that!...

As far as Shackles, I just ran a few 83 contracts and def it's nice to not have to wait to get hit to get 65 rage.

I actually dropped the militant faith, since this way I know I can always go into a fight with full rage/berserk, without exposing myself, being patient and finding a safe mob for self-curse.

It takes some practice to get right. When you're in the middle of a huge fight, you're trying to kill shit, but also not get killed, you want to get hit, but not one-shot, looking for an easy mob to curse. It's fun!

Most important tip though, make sure you don't pop berserk BEFORE having temporal, cuz else you have to wait 4-5secs to cast Berserk again. Screwed that one up a few times already... Anomalous Berserk helps a bit (4.5sec CD)

Def gonna take some muscle memory to get right, but I like it and I'm gonna stick with it cuz when you go Berserk it's just such a satisfying feeling! ;)

EDIT: Forgot to mention why I said 65 rage and what I swapped in for the militant:

Very handy! Makes Leap and Smite pretty much free as I can't spend mana fast enough now and the 65 rage is very nice!

EDIT 2: Just wanted to make a note that after testing, yes the self-curse works and you gain 100% control over max rage, as long as there are mobs around to curse, but I miss Breathstealers, so going back to them. If this combo isn't nerfed by next league, I may build around it, but for now I think partial control is fine and Breathstealers are perfect for the build.

GL
Last edited by corosou on Oct 29, 2020, 1:10:21 PM
> Come on guys! Won't you give Smite some love? ;)

Nice guide, thanks.

You made me curious, so I'll try to do my best ;-)
Last edited by AaxFamily on Oct 30, 2020, 6:17:52 AM
"
AaxFamily wrote:
> Come on guys! Won't you give Smite some love? ;)

Nice guide, thanks.

You made me curious, so I'll try to do my best ;-)

LOL thanks! I hope you enjoy :)
"
corosou wrote:

Lvl 41 and fun for the moment; I like all these vertical lightning strikes everywhere :-)

For the ascendancy, I wonder why you advice to begin with unstoppable and why you prefer unstoppable over unbreakable ?
"
AaxFamily wrote:
"
corosou wrote:

Lvl 41 and fun for the moment; I like all these vertical lightning strikes everywhere :-)

For the ascendancy, I wonder why you advice to begin with unstoppable and why you prefer unstoppable over unbreakable ?

Cool, glad to hear you're enjoying the early portion, cuz that's not really where the build shines. Once you get your weapons + Inpulsa's is when the fun really starts.

Unstoppable is one of the best Ascendancies in the game. Without it this build wouldn't be possible.

It makes me immune to stuns and anything that slows me down. Including Freeze and Temporal Chains:

For anyone new to the game this makes things so much smoother and a lot easier to complete the other ascendancies.

In reality though, it doesn't matter much which you pick first. Completing labs is never a problem for Juggs.

Regarding Unbreakable, it does very little/nothing for us. We get our life topped off every 8 seconds by Enduring Cry healing, so you won't even notice the regen, unless you have a nasty Ignite or a ton of Poison stacks on you.

Also, Inpulsa's is a ES base chest, so what armour is Unbreakable going to double? hehe..

Anyway, trust me! You're going to miss not having Unstoppable in the next build you play without it ;)

EDIT: Just noticed you're going for the Elemental Overload shield version. If you haven't taken a look back in a bit, I just updated the main post and added the info for the version I am playing which is the Dual Wield Crit/Rage/Berserk variant. If you have the budget for this version, I highly recommend. Either way, regrets are dirt cheap right now, so no biggie.
Last edited by corosou on Oct 30, 2020, 4:32:23 PM
HI~realy need Inpulsa's Broken Heart?
OR use Shroud of the Lightless OR Belly of the Beast in end game is ok?
THX~
"
kmy73713 wrote:
HI~realy need Inpulsa's Broken Heart?
OR use Shroud of the Lightless OR Belly of the Beast in end game is ok?
THX~

Shroud/Belly are more meant as cheap options while you get an Inpulsa's.

Either way, there are no absolutes in this game, so not using Inpulsa's you just won't clear as well or have as much fun as with one.

If it's the cost, just buy two cheap ones, 5L one to use and keep trying to 6L the other. They are literally 4-5c:

Or is it another problem besides cost?

I know the colors are a bit tough, but between Vorici whites from The Forbidden Trove and a few attempts at "at least 3 red" should be all you need.
Last edited by corosou on Oct 31, 2020, 2:51:20 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info