CreateShaderResourceViewEx: Wrong Parameter

"
Guliath27 wrote:
I have this issue and have windows 7. Would buying/upgrading to windows 10 possibly fix the problem for me? I should prolly post by dxdiag. My computer and video card is kind of old too. But how likely would buying/upgrading to windows 10 fix the problem?

hardware problem not a software one.....

you need to make sure your graphic card is not too old
This is the start of forum signature: I am not a GGG employee. About the username: Did you know Kowloon Gundam is made in Neo Hong Kong?

quote from the first page: "Please post one thread per issue, and check the forum for similar posts first"

This is the end of forum signature
i assume this thread is about the games failure to properly cache its shaders and graphics which would normally cause the loading of said assets to be near instant in subsequent play sessions?

such as loading in town with player characters partially loaded and only being able to see gem slots in your inventory before the game slowly loads the assets (and as a rsult causes numerous lag spikes).

if so, add me to the list of those with this problem.

here's the dxdiag:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1k7dJfKubFCqyzam7zT8I6VBikk_ff3Bn/view?usp=sharing (sorry, it's was too long to copy/paste here)

let's see...some wanna be tech support people on steam suggested i disable dynamic resolution... that's unrelated to this problem and didn't help.

change renderer to vulkan... led to the game going nonresponsive and i had to close it out and reboot it. even if that is related to the problem i don't think i can use that renderer.

lowered all graphics settings to minimum which sped up the loading but did not resolve the problem.

having a pc that can run the game at mac settings at a stable 60 FPS isn't the problem... lack of RAM isn't the problem since i have more than enough...

gosh, it's almost as if it's not a problem with my pc. how miraculous is that, tech support people? it might be possible that it's a problem with the game itself.

that's what i hate the most about dealing with random people playing tech support. they always, ALWAYS, start off acting like it HAS to be a problem on the end users side and it can't possibly be a problem with the program.

it's nothing short of infuriating to deal with such people. well, i think this thread begs to differ.
"
treos99 wrote:
i assume this thread is about the games failure to properly cache its shaders and graphics which would normally cause the loading of said assets to be near instant in subsequent play sessions?

such as loading in town with player characters partially loaded and only being able to see gem slots in your inventory before the game slowly loads the assets (and as a rsult causes numerous lag spikes).

if so, add me to the list of those with this problem.

I'm afraid that it's probably not the thread for you, the thread starter's issue and the prevalent problem described in it is one where the game doesn't start at all as it cannot bind unsupported texture formats to shaders at all during loading of an early bundle.

That particular problem is unfortunately one of the user's hardware/drivers after the change in texture formats in the tech patch - as BC7 unconditionally requires 11.0-class GPUs.

On your problem of slow loads, heaven knows and I'm not going to speculate :D
Bump
I have an NVIDIA GeForce GTS 240 that was always able to play. May was the patch I couldn't play anymore. Do I have to buy a new graphics card?
"
Falkenmond1 wrote:
I have an NVIDIA GeForce GTS 240 that was always able to play. May was the patch I couldn't play anymore. Do I have to buy a new graphics card?

Throw the stoneage device to the bin.

GGG list min requirement in Steam/Epic is Nvidia 650
This is the start of forum signature: I am not a GGG employee. About the username: Did you know Kowloon Gundam is made in Neo Hong Kong?

quote from the first page: "Please post one thread per issue, and check the forum for similar posts first"

CreateShaderResourceViewEx: The parameter is incorrect
have DX 12
10 is broken?
"
zipi2k wrote:
CreateShaderResourceViewEx: The parameter is incorrect
have DX 12
10 is broken?

Make sure your hardware is not in stone age.....

fix when?
"
daaarkside wrote:
fix when?

You can "fix" it yourself by buying new hardware.

If your hardware is newer than Nvidia 650, post dxdiag

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info