Harvest Statistics: Challenges and Seeds

I've been playing Path of Exile since 2013. Harvest is the worst league ever. Don't even think about implementing it. Make some flashback one month race or something, try to salvage some playerbase at least.
Hey GGG !

My english isn't so nice, so apologise about that ..

Harvest's challenges are a lot more difficult than others leagues. But, with a good investment and time, all are doable "easily".

However, the mechanic of this league just ruined a huge part of path of exile, which obliged players to farm for nice stuff ...I mean, it's so simple to make Mirror craft seriously ...

I think you sounldn't implement this league in core game.
All bad feedback about Harvest remind me Synthesis and his boring mechanics.

By the way, you are incredible. Your game is now one of the most played Hack'n Slash in the world. So GG for that, and i wish you the best for the future.
Me noob, can't even get footprint :(
Well... some of challenges is too random, i guess. Get possesed delirium boss is way harder than kill him, or need to overgrind a lot just for 1 attempt to slay heart of the grove. So this league feels harder than delirium.
I think the Challanges are easyer but more expansiv this league. For example the Scarab Challange
I really want to get to 36 challenges this league (partly the portal, though I also like character effects like wings, just wasn't a huge fan of the delerium ones), but I'm not sure I have it in me. I'm struggling with the planting of higher tier seeds, I just find it such a tedious chore, to the point I don't want to play that part of the game - not sure I'm going to get the harvest challenges done :(

Don't get me wrong, I love harvest crafting - I've taken time out to properly learn crafting this league, and I'm having a blast. I like being able to control my own player progression, without having to rely quite so much on trading (though I'd prefer it if some of the rarer crafts weren't quite so rare - swapped some of my time trading for buying crafts on discord!).

Overall I think this is a better set of challenges than delerium, feels much less RNG gated.
First time I went for 36, and it was because of the portals. I thought they would fit perfectly in my Moonlit Forest Brutal hideout (https://hideoutshowcase.com/hideout/show/94). Uunfortunately (fortunately) the Void portals came out and they instantly became my favorite portal ever so I'll keep them up, sorry harvest portals...

I got 36 challenge over the third weekend if I recall correctly. I don't have a history with challenges so I can't compare (just went for 24 in Blight but 24 is easy for a player that know what is doing anyway). I thought all challenges where ok, except the pure RNG ones: 5 essence, delve boss and sacrificial room specifically.
I got 37 before seing a T3 sacrificial room, while this is clearly not 40/40 material.
We shared RNG challenge essence and delve boss on my lowly populated global channel (I actually offered both once), but sacrificial room can only come from you, and it may never come. I got quite annoyed by this challenge.

The Possessed Delirium boss, while seeming RNG based, is not. It's a cool way to discover some interactions between Delirium orbs, prophecies and scarabs for newer player. Sacrificial room is much less fun :p

Shaper challenge got me shaking, as the first time I killed uber elder. That was fun. I nowadays kill UE like if it was a kid's fight, but the shaper challenge got me the newcomer vibes once again. Was really cool.

Some challenge are there to make you discover new stuff and that is cool. But in the end stuff like winged scarabs became in the end just money a sink. The general opinion about winged scarab challenge in my global chat was that is was too much of a money sink (about 1100-1200 c by the time I bought them), though that came from people with way lower challenges than me, and probably way lower currency than me. So that challenge, while sounding like a "hey newcomers check out the winged scarabs" became a 36/40 material. Mostly because the upgrade rate is quite low (got only two winged from my own, and I played a lot)

Overall I love harvest crafting (don't care much about the garden mechanics though), I hope we can still craft in a similar way in the next leagues. Maybe just update the tagging system (if I followed you plan on doing that anyway) to make rarer the most powerfull crafts, as right now we can get 100% chance of getting crazy influenced mods if we prepare the item in a good way.

I think the biggest flaw of this league is the absence of in map league event. Harvest feels like an expansion for the base game (like Conqueror of the Atlas) without a league mechanics (Metamorph that cames with Conqueror of the Atlas). Many people complained about map emptyness and the low amount of loot. Of course compared to Delirium it's a crazy difference (and an unfair comparison as Delirium was a loot fest), but still it's true: maps have no added monsters from the league mechanics in Harvest by default. Only well organized people would use the garden as both a crafting place and a added monster mechanics. But to be honest, collecting 350 seeds to have a full garden before poping a juiced map does not feel so good. It's great for the one map where you pop the whole garden buffed up in a juiced map, but it's boring for the 10-15 maps necessarry to collect the seeds for the next round. And Quarry farming is even more boring for quick seeds. I prefer collection my seeds in T14-T16 maps.
I am overly confident in saying that if maps had added Harvest mosters in them by default (like in a typical league), this league would have kept many more players. Because right now, both player base that like to blast through maps mindlessly, and those that don't want to learn crafting (which may be challenging for a good part of people), have a dead league.
I personally like this league. I (almost) never crafted items before, and it's not because I don't know how, it's because I'm not intrested in spending hours in my hideout clicking alteration orbs. While Harvest made it really easy to craft """mirror-tier""" items, it also made crafting process significantly more pleasant.

I don't really care if Harvest goes core, but I'd really like to see some changes to crafting system in future, and I mean I'd like to be able targeting mods I want to see on my item.

Harvest is also the first league in a while I'm able to play off-meta build (for me it's tornado poison assassin) and I was happy when I crafted a ring that highly benefits my build, but only my build.

And to all people that didn't enjoy Harvest, because it was too eaasy to gear their character: try to play some off-meta builds and craft items for them yourself! This might be the only league you're able do some sick builds.

(Also please, GGG, add tags for attributes, minions, and all other things that are now missing a tag.)
0.38% gang member

not casual anymore?)
NANI
Long time player here. Super RNG challenges are not hard. They just plain frustrating and stupid. Speaking both as a trade and SSF player.

Examples:
Delve league- find certain rare af node. X6
Delve league- Boss challenges x3 sets (problem is you can't even find those bosses let alone find ones that have easy mods to do the challenge)
Harvest- Scarabs x14 (rare seeds, even rarer option, and apparently the upgrade crafting option isnt even a 100% chance to upgrade?!)

There are plenty of others from past leagues and they are all frustrating af. I thought GGG finally understood this point when I see Metamorph and Delirium league challenges. I was so wrong. And apparently according to stats the ones this league is too easy?!

PS: I buy shitty challenges back when I still play trade leagues. Didnt feel good as well. Delve was the last straw for me buying challenges.
Last edited by D_bak on Jul 29, 2020, 3:33:46 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info