-

There is actually a way to still get +2 amulet, but it will be potentially more expensive and with less desirable crafts, around 15ex:

"
For this to work, we need two open prefixes and two open suffixes:

1) Alt spam until +1 dex

2) Imprint

3) Regal, if prefix annul, if suffix you keep it. We want to keep the +1 dex, if you regal chaos dot multi or a good resist then great, you can go back to the imprint and try and regal a resist, which shouldnt be too hard, but the crafting process is expensive as it is.

4) Craft multimod(suffix craft), prefixes cannot be changed (suffix craft) AND sufffixes cannot be changed (prefix craft)

5) Harvest craft reforge common chaos mods, the only thing it can add is chaos resist or chaos dot multi in the open suffix, and +1 to chaos gems in the open prefix.

And that's how we would get a +2 amulet in the new harvest, we would have to use imprints and it would be more expensive than it is now for sure, but it is possible /shrug

In step 3 you want to regal and anull the new mod out, unless it's a useful suffix, like a resist or chaos dot multi(we can only keep 1 suffix), or if you regal a prefix, the only one we could keep is the +1 chaos, so you would have to anull whatever prefix was regaled if it wasn't.

As a side note, if these changes go live I might consider league starting an ED C instead since I'd be focusing more on mapping early on, and since the process of crafting an amulet for EDC is litearlly the same for TR (swap +1 dex to +1 int) I can use this information for it.
Last edited by idkwat on Mar 12, 2021, 6:15:33 PM
"
Remicaster1 wrote:
Helmet would also be a difficult to obtain, a helmet with just -9 costed me like 30ex when I bought it at Delirium lmao, forget about elevated -12
Yikes. It also used to be semi-obtainable through aberrant fossil spam but the moment they made it into "influenced" mod they nuked the rate at which fossils can roll it.

I usually play some version of TR / CA because nearly every other build is "don't even bother without 50ex starting budget", it's disgusting GGG wants the game balanced around people who farm hundreds of ex per league, it's already hard enough to get sufficient dps to do stuff like maven invitations. This league I think there's a decent balance of skills and ascendancies in play, next league we'll be back to 3 cookie cutter builds.

They say POE is about knowledge, nope, it's more about abusing the economy. Or maybe, the knowledge is actually about "how to abuse economy". Otherwise you don't get anywhere. One day I sat and made more currency in few hours by a simple flip, probably 5x more than I'd get if I mapped the same amount. But it felt boring and degrading. I just wanna play the game without making it a frigging job (that includes boring repetitive strategies like farming Atoll for harvests or farming Canyons for harbingers). But "just playing for fun" nets me maybe 30ex per whole league. Meanwhile GGG wants this to be a cost of 1 item of a build.

"
idkwat wrote:

As a side note, if these changes go live I might consider league starting an ED C instead since I'd be focusing more on mapping early on, and since the process of crafting an amulet for EDC is litearlly the same for TR (swap +1 dex to +1 int) I can use this information for it.
Makes sense, at least on a spell build you can abuse divergent berserk if that doesn't get nerfed, and it's literally 1,5x the value of pain attunement when using enhance 4 without going lowlife (or you can get both). Can also abuse crown of inward eye, and a lot of people enchant those as well, so easier to find correct enchant. TR cannot because it doesn't scale with attack damage or spell damage, so it's kinda screwed.
Last edited by Viktranka on Mar 12, 2021, 3:49:35 AM
So I'm actually running a Trickster version of Toxic Rain but found this guide to be very useful. I just had a couple questions:

Are the cluster jewels really worth it? They are multiple exalts to get the notables in this guide. I alt spammed until my eyes bled to make a large, 2 mediums, and 2 smalls and after I respecced my damage was basically the same. What am I missing?

Is blast rain really that good for applying wither? I've tried it briefly but the totem setup seems to do it much better. Obviously they can be a pain to maintain, but they stack it so fast and have a good area.

Bonus question: any suggestions on what upgrade to pursue next? I'm to the point where upgrades are going to cost 5+ ex. I've tried to put some upgrades in POB and they don't seem substantial.

https://pastebin.com/Q4HcWqUp
"
So I'm actually running a Trickster version of Toxic Rain but found this guide to be very useful. I just had a couple questions:

Are the cluster jewels really worth it? They are multiple exalts to get the notables in this guide. I alt spammed until my eyes bled to make a large, 2 mediums, and 2 smalls and after I respecced my damage was basically the same. What am I missing?

Is blast rain really that good for applying wither? I've tried it briefly but the totem setup seems to do it much better. Obviously they can be a pain to maintain, but they stack it so fast and have a good area.

Bonus question: any suggestions on what upgrade to pursue next? I'm to the point where upgrades are going to cost 5+ ex. I've tried to put some upgrades in POB and they don't seem substantial.

https://pastebin.com/Q4HcWqUp

I'm still on the fence about the cluster jewels. I had one set and sold them to fund another build, then bought a set again and recently got a second set. I didn't really feel any difference with the 2nd set.

Cluster jewels also give us AoE and chaos res. I think 1 set is worth it, 2 is worth it if you're going for glorious vanity or if you have extra arrows where the inc AoE is important.

I think Blast Rain is really good. I ran a wither totem for ages but 50% of the time that I died it was while stuck in place casting the totem. I do miss MA on the TR links but I switched back and forth a few times and think that Blast Rain is better.

For your build specifically have you considered using The Devouring Diadem helm? Since you have ES sustain through Trickster ascendancy, it would allow you to fit in skitterbots which is a lot of extra damage. Another upgrade is an amulet with +1 dex gems and +1 chaos gems but those are expensive (10+ ex usually)
"
Viktranka wrote:
"
Remicaster1 wrote:
Helmet would also be a difficult to obtain, a helmet with just -9 costed me like 30ex when I bought it at Delirium lmao, forget about elevated -12
Yikes. It also used to be semi-obtainable through aberrant fossil spam but the moment they made it into "influenced" mod they nuked the rate at which fossils can roll it.

I usually play some version of TR / CA because nearly every other build is "don't even bother without 50ex starting budget", it's disgusting GGG wants the game balanced around people who farm hundreds of ex per league, it's already hard enough to get sufficient dps to do stuff like maven invitations. This league I think there's a decent balance of skills and ascendancies in play, next league we'll be back to 3 cookie cutter builds.

They say POE is about knowledge, nope, it's more about abusing the economy. Or maybe, the knowledge is actually about "how to abuse economy". Otherwise you don't get anywhere. One day I sat and made more currency in few hours by a simple flip, probably 5x more than I'd get if I mapped the same amount. But it felt boring and degrading. I just wanna play the game without making it a frigging job (that includes boring repetitive strategies like farming Atoll for harvests or farming Canyons for harbingers). But "just playing for fun" nets me maybe 30ex per whole league. Meanwhile GGG wants this to be a cost of 1 item of a build.

I'm still on the fence about the next league. If I'm still poor by the start of week 3 I'm noping out for good. Not looking to waste 2 months of my life to barely finish one build. Rather play all the single player games I have pushed away for this.

Things like a +2 amulet or a -9 chaos res helmet with one other good mod are going to be 40+ exalted orbs, if not more. At least the +2 amulet we can craft only 10 to 15 ex of the cost (but expect reforges and other crafts to inflate in price next league), things like quiver, helmet, gloves are also going to be hard to craft with the mods we want as Toxic Rain PF.

"
parabolicity wrote:

I'm still on the fence about the cluster jewels. I had one set and sold them to fund another build, then bought a set again and recently got a second set. I didn't really feel any difference with the 2nd set.

Cluster jewels also give us AoE and chaos res. I think 1 set is worth it, 2 is worth it if you're going for glorious vanity or if you have extra arrows where the inc AoE is important.

I think Blast Rain is really good. I ran a wither totem for ages but 50% of the time that I died it was while stuck in place casting the totem. I do miss MA on the TR links but I switched back and forth a few times and think that Blast Rain is better.

For your build specifically have you considered using The Devouring Diadem helm? Since you have ES sustain through Trickster ascendancy, it would allow you to fit in skitterbots which is a lot of extra damage. Another upgrade is an amulet with +1 dex gems and +1 chaos gems but those are expensive (10+ ex usually)

The clusters I made actually hurt my damage by ~8% but give some nice QoL stuff and some general survivability boosts. I don't think I'll bother with them in the future but they're okay for now.

I think I just need to force myself to switch to Blast Rain and give it a bit longer. I never really got used to it before I switched back.

Diadem effectively takes away 850 health by moving my ES to my mana pool and not having any life. Plus getting an enchant on a unique is expensive. I thought about using Alpha's Howl as well but my helm is really good as is with 98 life and 78% resistances.

I went ahead and grabbed an amulet. Seems like the best upgrade I could make. Thanks for the input!
Great guide. Toxic Rain is op. I was able to clear all contents easily including 100% delirious maps without a headhunter. Here is a quick video: https://youtu.be/ZeBKEntfi6c
Looks like the reddit toxicity has spilled into this thread too. Chill. Your amulets and bows and boots were craftable before harvest. Theyll be craftable after. Everyone is whining that they cant have it like day 3 of league?

Its as if POE didnt exist prior to Harvest.
"
phattwizat wrote:
Looks like the reddit toxicity has spilled into this thread too. Chill. Your amulets and bows and boots were craftable before harvest. Theyll be craftable after. Everyone is whining that they cant have it like day 3 of league?

Its as if POE didnt exist prior to Harvest.

I mean, there is a difference between being toxic and being upset.

From what I can tell, most people here are just being upset of the changes, not toxic.
I cast remi - a very beginner friendly guide : https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2866127
Support me if you want to! ttv/remicaster1
How am I being toxic? Because I said I might not spend too much time next league? The meaning of that word for sure has changed

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info