[3.13]🏹 Poison Barrage-VF / Scourge Arrow / TR PF | Bottled Fortify | The Tankiest Ranger + High DPS

"
blindorize wrote:
This guide is amazing, just wanted to thank OP and all the contributors for putting so much work into it.

So I've only ever made builds that we're good enough to juice T16 non delirium maps and comfortably kill A8/Guardians etc. Now that I have a decent budget (2300C plus 25 Ex) I want to make my very first proper endgame max content build.

I was wondering if that budget is enough to get the build rolling on maybe some 40/60 percent deli maps or simulacrums while also having good bossing capabilities. Thanks for any input.

Given the current exalt-chaos conversion rate, your war chest (2300c + 25ex) is more than enough to push for the end-game version of the build.
Poison Scourge Arrow/Toxic Rain + Blast Rain PF| Bottled Fortify:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2851574
--
May i ask for some help with prioritizing what to upgrade next? I'm hitting early red maps and have serious difficulties with dps on bosses. Currently having ~60c

https://pastebin.com/kgrsHYn7
"
MrOger wrote:
May i ask for some help with prioritizing what to upgrade next? I'm hitting early red maps and have serious difficulties with dps on bosses. Currently having ~60c

https://pastebin.com/kgrsHYn7

I would prioritize crafting an Elder poison bow first.
--
Hey all, just finished the league 40/40 with Wolfie's Voltaxic Rift SA and wanted to share my thoughts. Overall, I had a great time!

https://poe.ninja/challenge/builds/char/LiAtLarge/lalilulelooo

I think voltaxic is legitimately viable and worth considering. It cost me 10c league start, and I saw it for about 1c the rest of the league. A six link was about 2-3ex league start, and about 90-140c the rest of the league. So it is an extremely affordable weapon you can use even in far end game. Vessel of Vinktar is a must have w/ voltaxic and was about 20c league start, and a couple c the rest of the league for an okay one. A somewhat annoying flask due to the high charge usage, but undeniably effective with voltaxic. Voltaxic + Vinktar + Herald of Thunder is the core of the voltaxic variant SA and it's really cool to see them synergize.

I also got the idea to try double curse from Neabsera's post, and I wish I tried it sooner! Temporal chains is an extremely strong addition both offensively and defensively. I would recommend it for all variants of SA as it would be even stronger in non-voltaxic variants. It is especially viable this league since the redeemer frenzy mod is no longer absolutely needed. I substituted it with anomalous blood rage + enhance support.

I also tried out the envy Aul's Uprising and enjoyed that too. It's quite a power spike, especially with all the upfront damage of the voltaxic variant. I got it for 5ex at the time which is a fraction of the then 20ex malevolence Aul's + 17ex malevolence Watcher's Eye (when 1ex was about 65c). I would highly recommend it as another more affordable option.

Overall, I would like to say I had a FAR easier time this league with SA. This voltaxic variant is extremely easy to league start with. The low currency cost for the core variant pieces allows you to more easily sink currency into a -15 mana warlord's chest much earlier. Couple this with the cheaper envy Aul's allows for lower currency thresholds to gain significant upgrades. This gives players an easier time transitioning to other SA variants and a more steady gain in power levels, making for a more rewarding and fun experience. I'm currently the only SA player with voltaxic on poe ninja (mostly because others transition to more powerful poison weapons), but I hope to see more! Thanks again to Wolfie, Neabsera, and any others who have been contributing to SA discussion. I appreciate you!
From the chest crafting guide for - Mana Cost and Explode mod:

- S1: Get an ilvl85 warlord chest (Assasin's Garb preferred).
- S2: Get a crusader chest with explode mod.
- S3: Awaken orb to fuse S2 onto S1, adding the explode mod into the chest in S1. It's more likely that we can have an open prefix + an open suffix. Best case is 2 open suffixes with a life roll.
- S4: If we got 2 open suffixes, multi-mod: +120% Foritfy effect while Focused (suffix), life roll or +8% life/+7% mana. Done!
- S5: If we only got 1 open suffix, craft +120% Fortify effect while Focused (suffix)

After reading about Awakener Orbs, it appears that S1 would need to already have the -Mana Cost and we're praying that the Awakener slam keeps both the Explode and the -Mana Cost, correct?
"
blindorize wrote:
From the chest crafting guide for - Mana Cost and Explode mod:

- S1: Get an ilvl85 warlord chest (Assasin's Garb preferred).
- S2: Get a crusader chest with explode mod.
- S3: Awaken orb to fuse S2 onto S1, adding the explode mod into the chest in S1. It's more likely that we can have an open prefix + an open suffix. Best case is 2 open suffixes with a life roll.
- S4: If we got 2 open suffixes, multi-mod: +120% Foritfy effect while Focused (suffix), life roll or +8% life/+7% mana. Done!
- S5: If we only got 1 open suffix, craft +120% Fortify effect while Focused (suffix)

After reading about Awakener Orbs, it appears that S1 would need to already have the -Mana Cost and we're praying that the Awakener slam keeps both the Explode and the -Mana Cost, correct?

Sorry for the confusion. It should be:

- S1: Get an ilvl85 warlord chest (Assasin's Garb preferred) with -mana cost mod.

Apparently, I forgot to include the bolded text. :)

"
we're praying that the Awakener slam keeps both the Explode and the -Mana Cost, correct?

To be precise, we are praying for 2 open suffixes and a life roll :). Note: in both S1 and S2, each item can have no more than one influenced mod, i.e. the chest in S1 has no other influenced mod but -mana cost, and the chest in S2 the chest in S2 has no other influenced mod but explode. This guarantee after awaken fusion, chest in S3 has both -mana cost and explode.
--
@LiAtLarge: Excellent write-up of end-game V-Rift. Thanks for sharing. I'm really glad that you are able to make it work. I'm no longer alone. :)

@others: this may be the 2nd time LiAtLarge posted here, but LiAtLarge created the highest-DPS SA+BR PF among our community builders, iirc, around 30+mil thorn arrow and 10+mil init arrow DPS, with 7.5+K HP in Harvest (please correct me if I'm wrong :) ). His Harvest profile: here.

I also added the posts from our community contributors to the original/1st post. I will continue to add more if I can squeeze more space (the OP is reaching word limit).

Advices on playstyle and DPS from players

(to be updated sporadically)

"
LiAtLarge wrote:
Hey all, just finished the league 40/40 with Wolfie's Voltaxic Rift SA and wanted to share my thoughts. Overall, I had a great time!

https://poe.ninja/challenge/builds/char/LiAtLarge/lalilulelooo

I think voltaxic is legitimately viable and worth considering. It cost me 10c league start, and I saw it for about 1c the rest of the league. A six link was about 2-3ex league start, and about 90-140c the rest of the league. So it is an extremely affordable weapon you can use even in far end game. Vessel of Vinktar is a must have w/ voltaxic and was about 20c league start, and a couple c the rest of the league for an okay one. A somewhat annoying flask due to the high charge usage, but undeniably effective with voltaxic. Voltaxic + Vinktar + Herald of Thunder is the core of the voltaxic variant SA and it's really cool to see them synergize.

I also got the idea to try double curse from Neabsera's post, and I wish I tried it sooner! Temporal chains is an extremely strong addition both offensively and defensively. I would recommend it for all variants of SA as it would be even stronger in non-voltaxic variants. It is especially viable this league since the redeemer frenzy mod is no longer absolutely needed. I substituted it with anomalous blood rage + enhance support.

I also tried out the envy Aul's Uprising and enjoyed that too. It's quite a power spike, especially with all the upfront damage of the voltaxic variant. I got it for 5ex at the time which is a fraction of the then 20ex malevolence Aul's + 17ex malevolence Watcher's Eye (when 1ex was about 65c). I would highly recommend it as another more affordable option.

Overall, I would like to say I had a FAR easier time this league with SA. This voltaxic variant is extremely easy to league start with. The low currency cost for the core variant pieces allows you to more easily sink currency into a -15 mana warlord's chest much earlier. Couple this with the cheaper envy Aul's allows for lower currency thresholds to gain significant upgrades. This gives players an easier time transitioning to other SA variants and a more steady gain in power levels, making for a more rewarding and fun experience. I'm currently the only SA player with voltaxic on poe ninja (mostly because others transition to more powerful poison weapons), but I hope to see more! Thanks again to Wolfie, Neabsera, and any others who have been contributing to SA discussion. I appreciate you!
--
Last edited by WolfieNa on Oct 24, 2020, 11:09:54 PM
Hi
I have another question...
why should you look for frenzy charge on hit in the chest if you already have blood rage that guarantees you 3?
How do you accurately compare damage of voltaxic variant to rare bows?

Another thing I've noticed on poe.ninja some ppl do, is they go for physical damage taken conversion, and pair it with transcedence keystone.
First you convert phys to elemental via: taste of hate (~30%), watchers eye purity of elements (2x12% = 24%), darkscorn (25% phys=>chaos), and finally 10% phys as elemental from helm. That is total of 89% physical damage taken converted to elemental (and 25% as chaos).
Then you grab transcedence keystone, which makes armour apply to elemental damage not physical. You counter -5% max res from that keystone by using lorewave 78% resistance, which also boosts your elemental mitigation.
You use this setup with high armor from flasks, ideally use another flask with reduced elemental damage, other than taste of hate.
Only problem with this is, you need hybrid flask that replenishes mana all the time, because you lose -mana cost from chest. This flask has weaker life regen.

But based on some yt videos, this setup is extremely tanky in 100% delirium, they take no damage.

I wonder how would this work if you kept acrobatics, don't go for armor and transcendence, and just got the conversions + lorewave. 78% res, 20% less elemental from flasks (vinktar + taste of hate + dying sun), fortify, even without armor mitigation this should provide very nice survivability. And we would have 40% dodge from acrobatics, and we can ignore armor, no need to get jade flask and iron reflexes.

Of course it would be a damage loss (darkscorn), but shouldn't be too bad.
Hi Wolfie. Loving the build so far in 3.12. But I just tried my first mino with the build at about 6M DPS per spore arrow. But I did like 0DPS against him. Is this normal?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info