What Happened with Purposeful Harbinger

I don´t play this build but thank you for address the issue and apologize to the players affected even if they were exploiting non planned interactions.

Words means a lot and this kind of behaviour humanize your company.

I fell like a lot of people will hate me for this message but hey more understanding is need.

As advice I would recommend to nerf items no breaking the game before a new league begin.
"
Hearl92 wrote:
What you did is wrong on so many level it's impossible to understant where the good faith is in your actions, wasting people time, currency and patience (expecially in this period) is WRONG. The build had to be nerfed instantly, saying no to a nerf and then do it is worse. Shame on you.

Especially in this period, you should have more understanding. Grup.
Thanks for ruining the game for all my friends.. No one wants to play the game after this patch. I have no one to group with so I'm gonna quit too. I hope you realize how many players you lost after going back on your word. You could have just let it run until the end of league. What would have been the harm in letting people have fun with the builds they invested in?

It was perfectly ok for people to walk around with 90 second HH buffs in legion, stacking like 30-40 buffs tho, amirite?
NB: I had no idea this existed, was not using it.

GGG: You should have just lived with it. Let people enjoy being overpowered for a league. Who cares. We all need a fun distraction from corona. People could have had an awesome time slaughtering the content for a league, then set things back to normal the next one.

Just a titanic misunderstanding of human psychology.
It's some nice PR speak, but ultimately misleading/lying to your players was decided to be a better approach than just leaving a high PL setup in the game for 2 months? How dare people have fun playing the game right?

Seriously, other than the people who don't get to dominate the economy who was the build really affecting?

If nothing was said about it not being nerfed I think it wouldn't have been as bad, but once that was said there is really no excuse for nerfing it mid-league because it isn't breaking the game. I know I'm off, the game is now uninstalled, after spending 10+ hours rolling and farming jewels on Saturday. Leveling a build and spending all my currency after seeing that it wasn't going to get a nerf.

Shame on you, and all the people who say that there is no reason to care about the customers who were affected by this, especially the ones who said "they should have known better". These are people who are playing a game, you know a game made to have fun. Get over yourselves. People are allowed to be upset when a company lies to them and wastes who knows how much of their time and/or money.
"
ilku wrote:
"
Illsonmedia wrote:
Anyone that's upset about this change needs to take a serious review of their personal biases. OBVIOUSLY this was broken AF.

And headhunter + tempchains in 5-way legion encounter isnt? BS

there is a difference between being able to play absolutely broken build with 10ex budget, and 100ex budget
hello there
"
SpectralVega wrote:
"
ilku wrote:
"
Illsonmedia wrote:
Anyone that's upset about this change needs to take a serious review of their personal biases. OBVIOUSLY this was broken AF.

And headhunter + tempchains in 5-way legion encounter isnt? BS

there is a difference between being able to play absolutely broken build with 10ex budget, and 100ex budget

So last league zombiemancer was ok and acceptable for a full league. Barely 1 ex investment and you could faceroll ALL content with no downside. What's the difference compared to herald stacking or hh+tempchains? Except the currency?
Literallly all this change did was make it so that only the top 1% of palyers could enjoy this build, because if you have a HH, it isn't really nerfed.

So basically, instead of the top 10-20% of players being able to feel super powerful, you again just made it so that players with Headhunters get to break the game.

Kind of fucking stupid.
"
ilku wrote:

So last league zombiemancer was ok and acceptable for a full league. Barely 1 ex investment and you could faceroll ALL content with no downside. What's the difference compared to herald stacking or hh+tempchains? Except the currency?

The funny thing is, I guarantee you a lot of the people complaining about this are either miners or summoners themselves, both of which have been OP compared to other builds for doing end-game content.

It really is fucking stupid people bitched about this. Literally all it did was make feeling powerful like this available to less players. The build itself is basically the same if you have HH, just a little slower.
If you ask me only bad thing is that you shouldn't have said "it's not gonna get nerfed" before investigating. That's it.

You did great work making mechanics more clear over the years, but I don't think it's enough given the situation. I think the root of the problem is that people assumed something should work, but it never should have.

1/ a youtuber asks if its gonna get nerfed
2/ you say no
3/ youtuber proceeds to spread it
4/ some poeple watching are like 'ok I go full in on this opness' others 'buffs are not auras noob' - as it should have NEVER worked with things like radiant faith, given the wording
5/ ...and yet they did work, and even you did not know that somehow - so you assumed that it's fine that they stack cause you thought that was it
6/ you realize you ****** up and the notable is not working as intended
7/ you fix the BUG.
8/ people got misled twice, by the influencer community, and once more, by you - so they angry, prices go back to normal
9/ solistice vigil sellers happy

But honestly... You guys jumped on that build cause a youtuber told you its op, so you quickly bought those crucial items, quick before anyone realizes how good the build is... I would really hope people would get something out of this, but I doubt it - they will probably just quit the league.

And you GGG, honestly you just got bitten in the ass by your own convoluted creation. Was objectively a bad thing to break your own rules, but I'm glad you did beacuse it was broken - even though at first you said it's not.

That build is still crazy AF, btw. Now it's just 'OP' in a familiar way, which is better than just 'broken'.
Last edited by Razis on Apr 3, 2020, 11:21:46 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info